Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19216 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2015, 05:15:04 pm »

"O-oh. W-well, I'm wearing gauntlets, so..." Nonetheleess, she withdrew her hand. "T-thank you for the compliment, b-but I was terrified the whole time."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2015, 06:42:42 pm »

Maruko
"I don't know. The people here have done most of what they can for you all. If you need help, I'm sure a town on the way will be able to provide it. I'm sorry we can't do anything more."

Ethnon
You arrive a few hours early to see the smith collapsed on a chair, wiping sweat off her brow. She sees you and points to a table where her gnome assistant is putting the finishing touches on your staff.
"It's done. I'm done. Gods, that was good. I just really needed to get it out of my system."
"My lady," The gnome interjects, "If you would permit me to study the staff furthe-"
"Hughes, give it a rest, will ya? Give the man his staff. We still have plenty of Abyssal steel left over."
"Yes, but- Oh... Alright then..."
"By the way, whatever your name was, don't bother paying us. We'll accept the rest of that Abyssal steel in trade for our work."

EDIT: Forgot somebody.
Kyle (slight timeskip)
As you stand by the gate, Arweth approaches you. You almost don't recognize her at first; She's swapped her normal dirty blue robes out for a nice green cloak and a fresh linen tunic and trousers.
"I figured you would be out here. You look... unsure. What seems to be the trouble?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:48:58 pm by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2015, 06:56:05 pm »

Kyle scratches the back of his head before sighing.
"Well, I was going to mention how I used to be a ranger leading people through the Wild Wood, which, in hindsight was one of the stupidest things I've ever done considering I have an axe in my arm. Anyways, I did that until one day I got caught on a branch, was found by a druid as I was about to hit the tree with my axe in anger, and then I was taken to the high druid who I assume was in a very good mood because she said she would only kill me if I ever came back without a very good reason. That said, I'm kind of reluctant to go back in but... It is pretty important."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2015, 07:08:05 pm »

Kyle
Arweth chuckles, "Well, I'd say you've got a pretty good reason this time. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine. You and your friends can hold your own pretty well. I saw you all fight off Skaal."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:22:02 pm by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2015, 07:09:53 pm »

Kyle shrugs.
"I'll admit, I thought it would be harder."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 02, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »

Maruko nods solemnly, though it becomes almost half a bow, before replying.

"You have done much already. Nothing more needs be done; I simply thought it best to ask."

After waiting for the reply as was polite, he then leaves to begin making everything necessary for his trip ready.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 18, 2015, 04:39:12 pm »

Ethnon returns to the fold a little too late to have heard anything of use, passing his treasured new staff from one hand to the other, grinning wildly.

Surely no knowledge will be required where he is going, yes?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2015, 10:08:54 pm »

Arweth looks you all over, clearing her throat. "So, now that we're all here, let's go over our route." She pulls out and unfurls a map from her pack, pointing at a few markings. "In order to get to the Wild Wood, we'll need to cross the Midland Sea. In order to do that, we'll have to travel southwest through the Bitterwood to Shadow Port. Once we get there, we'll use some of my connections to secure a ship. We'll have to take a roundabout route because we want to stay clear of Necropolis. We'll probably stop at one of the larger islands in the Spray for a night to resupply, as well. We'll be setting into port at Santa Cora after that, and once we're there, we'll assess the best way to penetrate the Wild Wood. Any questions? Changes we should make? Detours that must be made?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2015, 10:15:51 pm »

Kyle looks over the map, calling back to his time as a ranger to see if there are any more efficient routes than that one.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2015, 10:04:44 pm »

Kyle
Well, if you want to save time, you would stock up in Shadow Port and skip the Spray altogether, but that would put you dangerously close to Necropolis for a couple days. other than that, where your experience would be the most useful would be when you actually start travelling through the Bitterwood.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2015, 06:57:43 pm »

"No questions. We have little enough time already."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2015, 10:29:49 pm »

"Yeah, we need to get going soon. I mean, it's not as bad as it's made out to be by our dramatic friend. But still."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 15, 2015, 01:17:43 am »

"Good, let's get going then." Arweth adjusts her pack and starts taking the lead.

The lush green woods start almost immediately out of the gate, providing a stark contrast between the city you came from and the surrounding area. Several times you have to stop and hack through the underbrush, and it seems that the deeper you go into the forest, the darker and more twisted the trees become. They almost seem to entwine together to create an impenetrable maze of thick bark and branches. Despite this, Arweth seems to know exactly where she's going, eyes glued to a compass she holds out in front of her. After a few hours of hiking through the deep woods, you hear a faint scuttling in the canopy above. Looking up, you notice thick webs above you, strung from tree to tree, glistening slightly in the midday sun, all devoid of their creators.

Arweth stops abruptly. "Who goes there?" She seems to have heard something you didn't.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:07:52 pm by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2015, 01:20:23 am »

Kyle flips his axe out. Fuckin' spiders are creepy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2015, 09:02:45 am »

"Shall we burn them out? I dislike the size of those webs..."

Maruko takes out his bow, stringing it and drawing an arrow, ready to shoot at anything large and scuttley.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22