Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19208 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid
« Reply #300 on: June 15, 2015, 06:13:28 pm »

"Might I ask for you to include in your promise to allow all of us to leave unharmed as well? And, we will need an idea where to go...

I do not doubt you'll keep your word, merely the meaning of words you do give. You are clever too, are you not?"
Katoya says, copying the creatures gesture-only she placed her own thumb on the opposite 'cheek'. It was an old Elven gesture...

"Lye beth naa ilterendi. Ya rusva y' vesta auta a' dae."

She addresses her group afterwards.

"...I do feel we could not free Arweth, without the Shadowspinner slaying her...we can either kill these interlopers or drive them away...and we may all get out of here alive. That is the deal I managed. It's up to all of to decide a way forward."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 15, 2015, 06:44:59 pm »

Katoya
The skittering mass of spiders feels soft to the touch, and tickles your thumb as you touch it. The voices almost sound amused.
Very well... If you deal with these huntersss, you may all go free as you wissssh. Unharmed by Usss and our kin.

The figure raises an outstretched hand in the direction you assume the "hunters" are in.
The hunterss ventured in thisss direction. They are moving slowly, and camping often. Ample time for an ambusssh. We will know when the task is completed, and come to you then to release the guide. Lye elea ilya, sinta ilya, e' sina taure yamen'.
As they speak that final sentence, the figure slowly dissolves, and the whispsers echo with the spiders that used to make up its form. At the same time, the silently thrashing body of Arweth is pulled up into the canopy and disappears from sight.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2015, 07:11:16 am »

"Don't worry, spiderlady! Ethnon will help!" Ethnon calls out into the forest. "Being helpful is great, no?" he asks of the others. "Will we be hauling the ass immediately, as goes the saying?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »

"I mislike the whole of this. But I'll go along with it."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2015, 07:52:04 pm »

((I assume you guys are all going to find these "hunters?"))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2015, 10:07:50 pm »

Kyle nods.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2015, 02:35:05 pm »

Meanwhile, the GM builds the encounter she forgot to set up ahead of time. One moment please.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2015, 10:12:21 pm »

Going in the direction you were pointed in by the spiders, you eventually come across a small camp in the middle of a tiny clearing. The Orcs occupying it don't seem to be paying much attention, instead focusing on roasting several small animals on a spit. All of the Orcs you can see are dressed in pilfered rags, ratty furs and rusty armor, and the tents and bedrolls they camp with aren't in much better shape. You can count 4 of them from where you are, but there may be more inside the tents.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2015, 11:48:24 pm »

Duncan's metal eyes scan the scene quietly.
How many tents are there, and how big are they?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2015, 11:55:58 pm »

Maruko searches the camp with his eyes, trying to see if there's any purpose in the sprawl, or if it was haphazard as most Orc work was. They were skilled at warfare, and may have set up their tents to direct foes or allow escape routes...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:18:31 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2015, 01:44:27 am »

"We should set fire to their tents."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2015, 02:41:12 am »

"That was my thought. Stop reading my mind!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2015, 02:52:38 am »

"Mm, fire! Ethnon can't help with fire," Ethnon explains. "But what Ethnon can do is hold an opening closed. Is a flap enough like a door? Ethnon cannot say."

Is there an obviously important-looking tent in the encampment?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »

There are three tents, each looking big enough to hold about three people each if they huddled together on the ground. More likely, they would take shifts sleeping outside and in the tents, judging from the bedrolls by the fire. Other than that, there's nothing much special about them. They're obviously meant to be quickly collapsible and easy to get into and out of. None of them really stand out from the others, other than very minor details regarding their state of wear and tear.

You do notice that one of the orcs currently eating looks rather important. His equipment is better maintained and he has a large gnarled staff sitting next to him. If you had to guess, that would be the druid of the group that the spiders mentioned.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22