Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: 13th Age: End of an Era - Chapter 1: The High Druid  (Read 19254 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: 13th Age: End of an Era - Prologue: The Siege of Horizon
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2014, 11:45:43 am »

"Humm, we have a Kyle Johnson, with an axe hand-Duncan, a metal-skinned sorcerer, Alicia the Ranger...and Maruko the Dwarf-he's a samurai."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 12:29:22 pm »

"Humm, we have a Kyle Johnson, with an axe hand-Duncan, a metal-skinned sorcerer, Alicia the Ranger...and Maruko the Dwarf-he's a samurai."

"And who is Kat? An elf, a stranger, an overseer, a healer, an entirely different thing entirely?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »

Alicia turned her head to the book. She opened the page, and felt a flutter of nervousness at the pictures of demons inside. She was going to fight these things...?

Oh dear.

Read the book.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2014, 12:36:01 pm »

Kat blushes, embarrassed. She shows the strange man her instrument, the Sitar.

"Ah, me? I'm a Bard, and a courtier, and a banner-carrier, and someone whose lost enough to know it was worth it, in the end.

To quote the song-"She's no one important, said the Queen-in-Exile. Her beggars smile, was a living glow-she learns by going where she has to go..."

She smiled herself. Kat liked that song.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2014, 03:43:35 pm »

Ethnon recalled another bard Ethnon had seen. The bard's hair was on fire and the bard's eyes had melted. The bard was screaming. She found it very amusing, and She explained to Ethnon what the bard was screaming exactly, and explained in addition that the expected reaction to this was to laugh or blush, depending on sensibilities. Ethnon elected to laugh, for Ethnon could not blush on command yet, not enough blood, and She said it was the reaction She would prefer Ethnon provided on a greater number of occasions.

With all this in mind, Ethnon laughs in a hollow, half-barking fashion experimentally. Could not hurt, She had said when Ethnon questioned the need for such a gesture.

"A bard, a bard! I have not seen a bard in some time. A bard has never seen me. Kat is a singer of songs, I understand from quotes? Or an artist of the spoken word, maybe? With harp accompaniment?"

The instrument certainly had a lot in common with the harp, the only instrument Ethnon had bothered to look at up close and learn the proper name of. By coincidence, the bard was the original owner of that as well, despite being more of a spoken word than a song person as far as Ethnon could tell.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2014, 11:16:05 am »

"A bard learns to sing and play an instrument, traditionally-we also do free verse poetry, dancing and satire.

It's all about what the audience wants."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2014, 11:19:46 am »

"Hail!"
Kyle says approaching Ethnon and Kat.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2014, 11:25:03 am »

"Hail!"
Kyle says approaching Ethnon and Kat.

"No, the weather is quite clear right now." The Bard says with a straight face.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2014, 12:35:53 pm »

Kyle pasuse his face still holding his previous expression for a few moments before speaking again.
"I... guess it is clear. I personally don't look that hard. Tends to lead to bad stuff happening."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2014, 12:42:21 pm »

"People keep coming," Ethnon observes. "Can I go now?"

Ask nicely to be let go. Make non-empty (hopefully) promises of helping with whatever tasks need doing in return for freedom.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2014, 09:37:35 pm »

Alicia and Duncan
The woman greets Duncan and looks him over, "Ah, Forgeborn. My name is Caitlyn Arweth. I've never met a forgeborn who spoke such fluent Common. You wouldn't happen to know anything about spacial tunneling or quantum wormhole creation, would you?"

Maruko
"It seems all we do these days is fletch arrows and repair broken equipment. We have plenty of arrows; it's no trouble."
The gnome comes out from the back with a full quiver of 40 arrows, and sharpening your sword gives you +1 to damage for your next 3 encounters.

Kyle, Ethnon, Katoya
"You may go, stranger. The night is approaching, and you all should get some rest before dusk."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2014, 03:00:20 am »

"Nope. Never understood magic, honestly. Now, ma'am, I'm going to cut to the chase. You need to get out of the city, or you need to get on the wall. This city will almost certainly fall, and when it does, where will you and your work be?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2014, 06:35:38 am »

"That is good. I will seek a place to rest. Any suggestions?"

If none, utilize my experience at vagrancy to deduce a good spot outside to reside at for a while.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:13:35 am by Harry Baldman »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2014, 08:47:44 am »

Kyle pasuse his face still holding his previous expression for a few moments before speaking again.
"I... guess it is clear. I personally don't look that hard. Tends to lead to bad stuff happening."

katoya smiles.

"Bad times don't wait for good weather, it's said...

Anyway. We've got a little time before the siege. Shall we go see if we can scrounge up some more help? I was thinking it might help if we could get some of the wizards in town on our side-I might be able to convince the Elves to aid us. You could watch my back, and I could do the talking."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2014, 08:55:59 am »

"Alright. I was about to head in to get some rest but what ever."
Kyle says with a shrug.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22