Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: <Taskforce> Desperate Times for the T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E.  (Read 18171 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Taskforce> Guns in Public
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2014, 10:04:14 pm »

Guns in Public

Vivian goes look for some bottles and rag(maybe the overall that she is not planning to put on) to make some molotov and take some money to buy a lighter and a box of match.

Vivian grabs some quick cash, (+$30) heading out to find some basic supplies. Near the HQ, she comes across an abandoned lot littered with trash, including the glass bottles she had been searching for. There were plenty of them, she'd be limited only in the amount that she would want to carry. There's a lack of anything to use as flammable rag substitutes, the closest things would be either plastic bags or damp newspapers, neither of which would be particularly effective. Perhaps the Overalls shredded into pieces and doused in fluid would be a good tool. At a convenience store, she picks up some basic supplies. (-$3.50)(+Lighter & Box of Matches)

Righto. Who's going after the trucks? Like that guy said, a few semis plowing into a building will make quick work of any resistance. And send a hell of a message.
Gather people to go find some Semi-Trailer trucks. When we have at least two, go.
Ross goes to find a truck stop. Once there he will scout out the area.
He texts reese
Going to scout out truck stop. Will text everyone once a prime location is found.

Malachi and Ross both decide to locate a Truck Stop. Going off some nearby signs, they come to a Truck Stop right outside town, through a highway exit. They come to the place, a lot parallel to the roaring highway, loaded with fueling stations and a small restaurant with an accompanying store. Right now there are only a handful of trucks around, as it is the middle of the day; many more trucks will arrive when the sky darkens. With the location set down, Ross sends out a brief text to everyone, indicating that the Truck Stop is located right off of Exit 81.

Everett grabs the remaining binoculars, then starts maintaining his M1895.
  "Cant, sorry. If they get my mug on camera who knows what they might send, specally if they see me steal a truck. Fuck, they might think theres gonna be another Oklahoma city gonna happen."

Everett grabs the last of the Binoculars and lays out his Worn Nagant M1895. The rifle is over a hundred years old and definitely showing its age, but it can still pulverize the insides of cops and drug dealers to the same extent it did to the Nazis. Everett oils it up, testing out all its capabilities one at a time, making sure they are all still functioning, paying special attention to the bolt. While it will still probably operate fine, it could benefit from some replaced parts, maybe even modern additions if Everett was up to it.

Grab a handgun. If the farm is within a reasonable walking distance - get over there, preferably somewhere I can see a lot of the place clearly, while being unseen. If it isn't and I find a way to conceal my rifle, call a cab. If I can't find a way to conceal my gun, just walk there.
I gots the assualt rifle, man. Not exactly long distance material.

start heading to the outer fringes of hillbilly conpound

Samuel equips a Handgun and sets out for the Farm, until he realizes that he doesn't have anything to store his rifle with. With no concealment, he simply straps the rifle on his back and heads out, figuring that anyone who spots him will think he's a hunter. He hits the south road, the buildings behind him gradually drawing into the distance as concrete lots eventually turn to tall grass, which eventually turn to fields of various farms, the great majority of them not fronting drug operations. Probably. A few hundred feet before he turns onto the road to the Farm, Samuel is stopped by a haggard man on the side of the road. "Do ya' have any change on you partner?"
At this time, Samuel also realizes that Ruiz isn't far behind him, who has also decided to walk to the compound strapped with a rifle.

Reese sends out a text:
Found a van at [location] Door was open decent condition nobody around Need someone to hotwire it
After a bit of thought, he sends out another text:
When youre going to get trucks put phone on silent
Reese makes another look for keys and other useful things in the van. If there aren't any, he just stays on lookout and waits for another member of the gang.

Reese sends out a couple texts before trying out his luck and looking for keys or other items of use within the van. He does acquire a key left in a cup holder that fails to star the car, but it does open the glove compartment. Inside the glove compartment Reese finds Vehicle Registration Papers, a Notebook, Pepper Spray and an unopened Dimebag.
While taking inventory of his findings, Reese waits for a reply from one of his allies telling him that they are on the way, only to get no such response.

Rob looks for a sports shop and looks for a duffel bag. If questioned about the gun, he will say that it is unloaded and he must buy a fitting bag for it.
Alex points to Rob "I'm going with you"

Head to the sporting shop with Rob

Rob and Alex go down looking for a Sports Shop, coming across one of the corporate chains, American Athlete. Inside they find a collection of clothing and gear for many sports, ranging from running and tennis, to football and basketball, even golf and hunting. Rob looks for a Duffel Bag, finding a good-sized A.A. Duffel Bag for $25. A sales representative comes up with him, "Are you interested in getting a bag? You won't find a better deal then in here. Also, it looks like you're going hunting, right? Well, you're in luck, we're having a 15% off sale on hunting goods this week, including ammunition. Maybe you'd like a deer whistle or a new grip?"

Spoiler: Supply Crate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: T.A.S.K.F.O.R.C.E. (click to show/hide)

I apologize for the timing of this turn, I neglected to inform everyone that I'd be traveling a lot last week, many times without Internet access, or where connection was spotty at best. Besides Monday Afternoon and Friday, this week I will be much more active.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2014, 10:18:07 pm »

((I have the revolver, not the rifle... The rifle is the Mosin-Nagant... And I have the Russian one, the sort that can be silenced...))

(Via phone to Reese) "Yah, Im heading over to you. Ill be there shortly."

Grab my revolver again, snag a machine pistol, and find Vivian.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2014, 10:20:18 pm »

Reese texts to everyone: Seriously? Jerks, then immediately after, he gets the text from Everett. Except you Ev he quickly texts back.
He also loots everything and makes sure to not be seen.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2014, 10:26:52 pm »

"Bag and ammo be good enough."
Buy the duffel bag along with birdshot and 00 shot..
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2014, 10:33:22 pm »

No slugs?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2014, 07:40:42 am »

Sneak around the farm to find a good way to approach the main building after finishing the Molotov with the overall.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2014, 08:25:41 am »

No slugs?
Do you go hunting small animals with shotgun slugs? Besides, we are fighting rednecks here, not some war mongering gods of murder.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:56 am »

You go deer hunting with slugs, and pellets normally have a range of about 50-100m, depending on the shotgun. Slugs have a range closer to that of a rifle.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:38 pm »

"Yeah, sure. I'm feeling generous today."

Give him $10 and continue walking.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2014, 12:37:39 pm »

((Varee, yer not at the farm... And you have someone looking for you...))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2014, 03:53:30 pm »

"Ya got anything in the back?" Alex would wink.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2014, 04:02:24 pm »

"Ya got anything in the back?" Alex would wink.

"Back?...Er, we have things in the back of the store for Hunting. Rifles, Shotguns, Compound Bows, you name it."

No slugs?
Do you go hunting small animals with shotgun slugs? Besides, we are fighting rednecks here, not some war mongering gods of murder.

Good suggestion for a future mission.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2014, 04:34:43 pm »

You go deer hunting with slugs, and pellets normally have a range of about 50-100m, depending on the shotgun. Slugs have a range closer to that of a rifle.
Good point, but me and my character have no idea about hunting.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2014, 04:38:48 pm »

Well, Ill be glad to point that out when we meet in the game.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2014, 04:42:51 pm »

Ross sends a text to reese How many trucks do we need?
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13