Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Great River Politics [11/20]  (Read 31446 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Politics [8/20]
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2014, 10:05:55 am »

"If the council deems it fit, some of my nations foreign policy funds will go to building this facility and we will send our few too hot to handle not hot enough to execute to your facility. But Serbis is not for this plan and will not give full support.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2014, 01:35:09 pm »

In the aftermath of the anarchist movements becoming more violent, the ducal forces step up their efforts. The police start becoming more proactive, raiding suspected anarchist hideouts and safehouses, preferentially taking prisoners than killing on sight. The worst cases, after going through the proper channels  (Non-jury legal trials.) are executed, where as the rest get indefinite prison sentences, released only when they have been deems rehabilitated

Still, the various programs organised and executed seem to go somewhat well despite the various events of late, with more and more of the city being converted from scrap to stone buildings, and the base of a great wall surrounding the settlement having been laid out. Of course, the search for lost technology goes middlingly. While there hasn't been any material found, the units assigned are more or less intact.

The arrival of the traders of Norogoth was met with little fanfare, though the trades go swimmingly. Once they came in with cartloads of food, they left with metal and books along with a curious few priests whom wished to accompany them, offering up small sums of wealth for the privilege of doing so.

Then came the news of the completed hall in Serbis. The lord protector,facilitated by having reservations on visiting it himself, send a small delegation to it in his stead.

In Serbis, Great River States Hall
Soon after the other councilman arrives, the delegate from Aerindinus arrives. The sharply-dressed elf soon retorts his own sentence into the ongoing conversation. "Pardon my lateness, we had a few problems getting inside. Now, Having overheard what I assume was the later parts of the conversation, I certainly would disagree in using them as forced labour. Given the economic infeasibility of it, and that we'd only fuelling their cause by making martyrs of them. In the worse cases, they make our choice, But for all the others, we incarcerate and rehabilitate. Nothing would take the steam out of their cause so much as seeing their former brethren publicly renounce and denounce their former allegiance."

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2014, 01:41:27 pm »

"Forcing them to work? We are not using them as slaves, we are reeducating them!"
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2014, 04:38:46 pm »

"'We'? There is no 'we' in your proposal. The only way that we and not you would reeducate them is if we all control this proposed facility equally.
   As for what the Aerindinusian delegate states, most reeducation facilities typically took the form as forced labor camps. While I realize that this is probably not your plan, this again raises the fact that for all of us to be certain that things like that would not occur is to have all of us in equal control.
   To that effect, I propose a modification to your plan, wherein a facility is is built on unclaimed land and all of us provide material and workers to construct, maintain and operate it.
   In addition, such a location could become a neutral trading zone, along with filling a host of other roles, and might well prove most effective in boosting all our populations. For instance, each of us could probably only construct a mediocre laboratory, but if each of us worked together to build one grand laboratory, and each of us sent our best and brightest to work at it, we would all reap the benefits."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2014, 04:44:47 pm »

"So who would really rule in it? Who would be the head warden, the head researcher? In the end, that person will be but a puppet. I continue to offer to build that facility on the Commonwealth soil and under it's control."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »

"There would obviously not be a single head, else one of us would gain control over the rest. After all, this land we reside in, the ruins around us, the scars of war, all these are the result of a few with unscrupulous morals gaining control over many and abusing the power thus gained. Now, after the wold has been so drastically depopulated and drained of resources we simply cannot afford to have such a thing happen again. And sadly, constructing such a facility under the sole control of one populace, or even under the majority control of one is a step towards such a situation arising again, or so I, for one, fear."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2014, 11:44:23 pm »

WORLD NEWS
[Anarchist activity begins to subside due to fears of death sentences and many anarchists begin dropping their beleifs and attempting to re enter society]
[a disease has sprung up in the sprawling regions of nomads (unsettled areas), many nomads seek refugee in the city states to get away from the death and dispear of this disease]

SERBIS NEWS
[Serbis begins releasing former anarchists from the labor camps but those who committed crimes or do not denounce their anarchy are still kept in the camps]
[Serbis loosens it's military presence in the state though still holds public punishment for radical behavior, the curfew has also been lifted]
[Serbis begins creating nomad refuge sites on out skirting hills but will not trade or interact with the nomads]

GREAT RIVER HALL
"Speaking of bringing about the best of our societies, I propose a facility be made a few miles away from Serbis. It's function would be an international research facility to brings back what little technology we can and to improve infrastructure and buildings to create a safer world. This facility will be in safe hands, all nations may have a small military force held there to protect their smartest and Serbis will provide grounds security for the facility, as it is that you all seem to trust us with your security. Of course the facility will be a few miles away on a group of hills so Serbis will not be a threat in any circumstance to the facility"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2014, 11:46:30 pm »

"Sigylguard is willing to provide equipment for such a facility. Surely you have seen the quality of our work?"

[The Sigylden is still closed, and all nomads are sent away, towards Serbis.]
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2014, 11:54:30 pm »

Aye, and Serbis would be willing to construct the main buildings as we have experience constructing on hills"

SERBIS NEWS
[Serbis begins to only allow a few hundred nomads into each camp though as enough room for them right now]
[Camp 1- 45 nomads]
[camp2- 31 nomads]
[camp 3- 86 nomads]
[camp 4- 12 nomads]
[camp 5- 0 nomads]

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2014, 09:15:05 am »

"The council is willing to provide resources, along with workers at the site."

[Council of Other news:
    Nomads accepted, placed in camps and encouraged to form communes and work them.
    Anarchists who give up their beliefs welcomed, those who have not given up them are asked to leave. if refused to leave they are stunned, arrested and prepared for transport to Serbis.]
Highly Opinionated Fool

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43:37 am »

The Sapiastan delegate finally finishes with his paperwork. "We shall provide resources for this reeducation facility as well, in the form of excess wood to build the internal structures and excess food to feed the staff and inmates. This is all provided that the facility is maintained by humans. The reason we wish not to have our populace reeducated by Elves or Redguard is simply that we don't want them returning to our homeland cleansed of political radicalism, only to eat our infants and copulate with our livestock."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2014, 09:57:00 am »

"Excuse me a moment, but while I donot know about elves, all the redguard I have met would shudder to do such things as that. But certainly, most of the workforce, outside of perhaps security roles, should be baseline humans, as redguard and elves do not tolerate the others company well."
Highly Opinionated Fool

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2014, 10:05:45 am »

"Excuse me a moment, but while I donot know about elves, all the redguard I have met would shudder to do such things as that. But certainly, most of the workforce, outside of perhaps security roles, should be baseline humans, as redguard and elves do not tolerate the others company well."

"Your people have been blessed with not knowing the true nature of the Redguard then. May I offer you some research material?" The delegate opens up his suitcase and pulls out a pamphlet (which looks like it contains several other pamphlets and texts of similar nature) entitled Redguard: A Comprehensive Biological and Sociological Examination.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2014, 10:16:07 am »

"First of all, a correction to the racist. The proposed facility is a research laboratory, not a prison. Secondly, unless the particular part about the facility being staffed by humans entirely is removed we will not be party to it in any way, be it with resources or manpower.

As for the last part, it is amazing what necessity can do to breed tolerance"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2014, 10:18:06 am »

"First of all, a correction to the racist. The proposed facility is a research laboratory, not a prison. Secondly, unless the particular part about the facility being staffed by humans entirely is removed we will not be party to it in any way, be it with resources or manpower.

As for the last part, it is amazing what necessity can do to breed tolerance"

"Does someone want to attempt to translate what the Elf said into coherent English?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33