Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76222 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2014, 11:25:15 am »

Sit down on one of the puny cushions, destroying it with my impressive girth.

Or just keep standing. Or sit down if there are appropriate accomodations.

You sit down carefully on the floor behind the cushions. It's not like your legs would fit under the table anyways, thunder thighs. At least the roof and doorways are tall enough to let you stand.

Make a quick scan with the battlesuit's CamEyes. Anything wrong or interesting about the room or the people in it? Any of them carrying weapons? Any of them have any implants?

Get out of Gilgamesh and lock him.
Have him facing the table (and any entrances behind them, if possible) so that I (and Steve and the rest of the team through him) can keep an eye on them and the rest of the room with the CamEyes and the rest of Gilgamesh's cameras.
Make sure the battlesuit is not too far away from where I'll be sitting in case I need to get in quickly.

Sit down somewhere near Lars, faceplate down, head down. Look relaxed, but be ready to grab my Variable Laser Rifle if needed.

Quote from: Flint Westwood | To: Team | Subject: Camera Feeds
I'll have Gilgamesh keep an eye on things, just in case. Feel free to ask the boss for access to his feeds so that you can keep an eye on those guys without being "rude".
Two of the delegates appear to have implants of some kind, though you can't recognize them or their use. Might be something akin to pacemakers, for all you know.

You climb out of Gilgamesh and close it behind you. (I like to imagine it makes the "BEEP BEEP" of a locking car) You make sure to position the suit so that it can watch over the whole situation.

You sit down near Lars.

If it appears appropriate, sit down on the cushions.
((Are we even all invited to the meal, or our leader - or speaker, for that part - only?))
Study the people across the table in detail. Among other things, note their behaviour and eye focus.
Also, does our part of the table bear any food? Are we supposed to have meal as well?
Look polite and non-aggressive. Keep the head slightly down, as instructed.

They are looking mostly at Lars, though glancing around the room at the rest of you, particularly at Miya and Renen.
Your side of the table has food as well, this entire small section of the table has been set out with food. Fairly good looking food, even. You don't recognize like 80% of it, sure, but thats probably pretty normal.
You do your best to look non-threatening while still soldiery.

I happily curl up on a nearby cushion.

((editing in why I'm happy: My hind legs are sore!))
You wobble in like a trained circus bear and then flop down on a cushion, purring unconsciously.

Stand next to Jim and Miya. Look around the place. Stay quiet.
Jim will remain standing near Miyamoto with both sets of arms crossed.

You two stay standing, Jim with his arms crossed, Renen with his sharp metal fingers tapping away on the grip of his sword.

((They can't handle your girth.))

Sit at table quietly.  Wait for their delegation to speak first; do not make eye contact with anyone yet.

Lars spoke out over the team channel.  "Let them speak first; they are sitting quietly, so we shall do the same."

After a long moment the group speaks with Lars, directly.

"Come," says the one in the center, "Eat. Was your Journey hard? Is your family well?"

"Will they not join us?" The one to the right asks, glancing over toward Jim and Renen.

"Are they even capable of it?" The one to the left asks,  looking toward the Right Delegate before fixing his attention on Lars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2014, 12:40:14 pm »

resting on the cushion
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #212 on: October 25, 2014, 01:01:30 pm »

-put in later post-
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:42:19 am by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 25, 2014, 01:26:06 pm »

Engage in eating, unless it appears inappropriate. Keep table manners and local customs and traditions in mind. It is a good thing I took my time familiarising with the Wayfarer culture immediately prior to the mission start, right?
Oh, lunch. Finally! Guess it makes up for missing the chance to eat with the crew back on board.
Enjoy the delicious meal!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2014, 01:57:48 pm »

"Ok team, good going so far. Let's keep this up."

((And to the people who might be a little bit bored, thanks for the continued patience.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2014, 02:43:15 pm »

((Remember that you lose helmet radio if you take it off to eat.  That said, I recall Steve said to take anything they offer like this.))

Brother Lars smiled and nodded.  "Yes, let us all eat.  Come and dine.  Thank you for your hospitality."

Remove helmet and eat; sample several reasonably-sized portions.  Encourage others to eat as well.

"Thank you for sharing with us.  It is good to share a meal after long travels."

Engage in small talk while eating politely (don't gobble) and let them bring up the subject of business.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »

Jim responded to the question. "Thank you, but I don't need anything to eat. This body doesn't require it."

...I kind of miss food. Then again, I doubt the stuff on the Sword is better than what we had back in Spectrum... probably worse, actually...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 25, 2014, 02:51:32 pm »

((You have a working mouth; can it pretend to eat, like a little internal storage?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 25, 2014, 02:56:45 pm »

(I dunno. :P I'm just assuming I don't need to eat since synthflesh has its own rules for how it works, like needing special baths to regenerate wounds and all that.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2014, 03:49:01 pm »

Sit and eat.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2014, 09:42:32 am »

I guess I could eat. They probably won't try poisoning us or using any sort of drug to influence us. If they try anything, our roboguys will be able to handle it. Probably. Plus, I'm supposed to act as Lars' bodyguard, so it would look bad if I didn't eat while he did. Unless they got mini-bombs implanted in their chest. In which case we're screwed either way.

Use the time Lars takes to respond to ask Steve if he knows if there are any rules or customs about food and if there is anything it might be a bad idea to eat.
Also ask if it would be wrong for me to speak with the advisors about irrelevant matters, like their palace. You know, standard eating chit-chat.

Then follow Lars' lead and Steve's suggestions. After Lars removes/opens his helmet and starts eating, do the same.

Do not eat/drink anything that smells like it has alcohol in it. Small bites, mostly sampling things to see if they taste good. And nothing too spicy. Generally try not to eat something that might make fighting more difficult. And try not to get too distracted by eating, stay focused on the conversation and my surroundings. And don't eat like a savage, eat slowly and politely, trying to use the correct implements.

If it seems appropriate for me to make standard eating chit-chat, then after using that polite greeting I found in that phrasebook (in their language) and introducing myself as a soldier (in our language) ask the following:

"I find the construction of this place very interesting. Despite its beauty, it is also a very defensible position. Very sturdy construction. Easily fortified. And other things I have yet to see, I am certain. I would be interested in knowing: is there a historical reason behind this or is it merely a result of the prudence of its maker?"

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2014, 10:28:32 am »

Eat politely if deemed appropriate to Steve.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:35 am »

Look around room my personal view (as in don't move around, but look around) and analyze for any hidden dangers, weapons of opportunity, advantage points or escape points (in case they should be necessary). Mentally catalog them and then do nothing else unless requested.

(forgot to bold so I think it got missed so I'm going to repeat)

Look around room my personal view (as in don't move around, but look around) and analyze for any hidden dangers, weapons of opportunity, advantage points or escape points (in case they should be necessary). Mentally catalog them and then do nothing else unless requested.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »

Engage in eating, unless it appears inappropriate. Keep table manners and local customs and traditions in mind. It is a good thing I took my time familiarising with the Wayfarer culture immediately prior to the mission start, right?
Oh, lunch. Finally! Guess it makes up for missing the chance to eat with the crew back on board.
Enjoy the delicious meal!
Eat politely if deemed appropriate to Steve.
Sit and eat.
You remove your gloves and helmet and, after washing your hands in an offered bowl of some kind of strong smelling liquid (probably alcohol) you begin eating with your bare hands. The food is unfamiliar, spicy and with a citric undertone but not unpleasant. You can't place half the ingredients; one is some sort of dumpling made with fried dough, but the contents of it are unknown to you. They produce a near luminous green juice and taste savory, but the flavor is fairly restrained. The drink is some kind of thick liquid, whitish pink and fruity to the taste, sort of like strawberries but not quite. It's quite rich and even a sip of it washes away any burning from the spices in the food. You sample your way through the small servings placed in front of you; something that tastes like roast banana, what is clearly a cooked bird, like a pheasant, but with 4 wings, a small container of rice drenched in a reddish, painfully hot sauce, a plate of heavily cooked, thin slices of something that looks like the cross section of a melon but is quite tough and rubbery and tastes more like anise. It's all quite odd.

(forgot to bold so I think it got missed so I'm going to repeat)

We'll assume you eat, since Lars is requesting it, in his own gentle way. As per hidden dangers, weapons of opportunity, advantage points and the like, This room has several entrances, all quite large except for the one to your right, probably a servant's entrance, or kitchen access. It's a likely escape path, should it come to that. There are no real choke points, and unfortunately the table doesn't look thick enough to protect from any sort of high powered projectiles. There is no silverware on the table, so nothing to quickly  grab and stab with, and you don't see anything that screams hidden weapon or concealed explosive device.

I guess I could eat. They probably won't try poisoning us or using any sort of drug to influence us. If they try anything, our roboguys will be able to handle it. Probably. Plus, I'm supposed to act as Lars' bodyguard, so it would look bad if I didn't eat while he did. Unless they got mini-bombs implanted in their chest. In which case we're screwed either way.

Use the time Lars takes to respond to ask Steve if he knows if there are any rules or customs about food and if there is anything it might be a bad idea to eat.
Also ask if it would be wrong for me to speak with the advisors about irrelevant matters, like their palace. You know, standard eating chit-chat.

Then follow Lars' lead and Steve's suggestions. After Lars removes/opens his helmet and starts eating, do the same.

Do not eat/drink anything that smells like it has alcohol in it. Small bites, mostly sampling things to see if they taste good. And nothing too spicy. Generally try not to eat something that might make fighting more difficult. And try not to get too distracted by eating, stay focused on the conversation and my surroundings. And don't eat like a savage, eat slowly and politely, trying to use the correct implements.

If it seems appropriate for me to make standard eating chit-chat, then after using that polite greeting I found in that phrasebook (in their language) and introducing myself as a soldier (in our language) ask the following:

"I find the construction of this place very interesting. Despite its beauty, it is also a very defensible position. Very sturdy construction. Easily fortified. And other things I have yet to see, I am certain. I would be interested in knowing: is there a historical reason behind this or is it merely a result of the prudence of its maker?"

>Follow the lead of the people around you, they're doing fine. And you should be fine with any of the food here, assuming you're not allergic. If you are, I'm sure we can handle that rare chance.

You should let Lars do the talking for the moment. He's been established as the leader and they will be focused on him. You talking would be disrespectful of him, and that would either mean he would need to reprimand you or appear weak to them.

We'll assume you eat as above.

((Remember that you lose helmet radio if you take it off to eat.  That said, I recall Steve said to take anything they offer like this.))

Brother Lars smiled and nodded.  "Yes, let us all eat.  Come and dine.  Thank you for your hospitality."

Remove helmet and eat; sample several reasonably-sized portions.  Encourage others to eat as well.

"Thank you for sharing with us.  It is good to share a meal after long travels."

Engage in small talk while eating politely (don't gobble) and let them bring up the subject of business.

They wait for you to finish your first few bites before they speak.

"You should know that you and your group are known rebels; that your actions are treason in the eyes of the United Worlds. And you should know also that our very meeting here is tantamount to courting treason. The very fact that we let your ship orbit our world is in the eyes of some an act of treason in and of itself. This meeting is, by extension, an even greater transgression. There is the chance that the forces already on our world will act to...correct this indiscretion of ours. You should understand the dangers we subject ourselves and our people to simply to speak."

They pause for a long moment.

"Now. You wish to form an alliance with us, against that force which even now we must speak hurriedly of, for fear of our conversation being violently interrupted. We know what we might give to you, we know what we might do if released from the control of the United Worlds.  What we do not know is the protections you will offer us in return. What are the terms of this agreement you propose?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2014, 01:11:31 pm »

((Toaster, you know the various things we can offer, and what we would like in return, right? Miya could always whisper some pointers should you want.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45