Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76317 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2014, 01:12:14 pm »

((Oopsie.  Might as well roll with it.))

Lars nodded.  He now looked the man in his eyes.  "Yes, of course.  Words are all well and good, but what matters is progress.  We have control of many large ships as well as the support of a factory world.  We are beginning production of new weaponry..." here Lars's eyes flicked toward the prototype laser weaponry "... as well as the study of many alien artifacts we have recovered."

Negotiate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2014, 01:18:56 pm »

On private line to Lars:

"Maybe negotiate doing the talking in more... agreeable surroundings than a sun-baked landing pad. Mostly for our... challenged members." he said, as he pointed a lateral cameye to the struggling humanoid feline in the line.

Wait. Stand firm. Remain silent.
>Well now Lars called the group HIS family. Implying ownership and leadership. Lars is now the Leader, as far as the Adviser is concerned.
((Looks like FUN. ))

((Hey, less work for me. And if needed Miya can still take over for Lars. After all, even if their culture is different, the idea of not letting the leader of a group, but rather a designated spokesperson, do the talking can't be that alien.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2014, 01:23:02 pm »

Lars replied on the private team line.  "Perhaps, but we are still guests here.  Also, I apologize if I have overstepped my authority."

((Go go anime-speed side conversations!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2014, 01:27:57 pm »

Lars replied on the private team line.  "Perhaps, but we are still guests here.  Also, I apologize if I have overstepped my authority."
((Go go anime-speed side conversations!))

"Indeed. But then you have to wither Lyra's complaints later on.

But no use in rushing things, that much's true. Curious how to the point they are."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:33 pm »

Jim will continue to stand around, so as not to hold up turns.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:40 pm »

"Yes, General."

Distract Lyra by using laser rifle as laser pointer
Dispense catnip

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2014, 02:03:51 pm »

Stand around. Look around. Observe the guards. Wait for shit to happen.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »

Keep standing.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2014, 02:42:47 pm »

Ponder my survivability overall.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2014, 06:23:00 pm »

Just stay in formation... I can keep it up... Stay in formation...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2014, 02:23:22 pm »

@Steve: "Ah, that's good to know. Thanks Steve.
Do you think there would be a problem if I talked with other people here? I mean, when we aren't in the presence of the adviser, of course. I'd really like to learn more about them and this place."

Continue talking to Steve and the rest of my team with my external speakers closed, as before. Outwardly, I'm still standing as I was.

When Lars talks about the prototype laser and looks back, raise my hand a bit and twist it around slightly. Do it slowly, so as not to appear threatening. My aim is to show it off to them and reinforce the idea that Lars is the leader by showing that I follow Lars' suggestions.

@Lars: "If you think it would help, you can tell him we could provide a demonstration. I bet seeing what we can do would impress him."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:09:24 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2014, 02:37:13 pm »

"In time, Brother Flint.  In time."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:32 am »

Lars nodded.  He now looked the man in his eyes.  "Yes, of course.  Words are all well and good, but what matters is progress.  We have control of many large ships as well as the support of a factory world.  We are beginning production of new weaponry..." here Lars's eyes flicked toward the prototype laser weaponry "... as well as the study of many alien artifacts we have recovered."

Negotiate.
"Oh?" The man says, clearly interested, especially by that last part. "Do you have any examples of these things? The Factory world and your armada is impressive, and easily verified, but these weapons and artifacts are not quite so...readily available."

Ponder my survivability overall.
Pretty good so far. You think you could take at least two of those guards.

@Steve: "Ah, that's good to know. Thanks Steve.
Do you think there would be a problem if I talked with other people here? I mean, when we aren't in the presence of the adviser, of course. I'd really like to learn more about them and this place."

Continue talking to Steve and the rest of my team with my external speakers closed, as before. Outwardly, I'm still standing as I was.

When Lars talks about the prototype laser and looks back, raise my hand a bit and twist it around slightly. Do it slowly, so as not to appear threatening. My aim is to show it off to them and reinforce the idea that Lars is the leader by showing that I follow Lars' suggestions.

@Lars: "If you think it would help, you can tell him we could provide a demonstration. I bet seeing what we can do would impress him."

>No, just make sure to be polite and not use your name.

You show off your weapon in a rather casual way, doing your best to look impressive but not overly intimidating.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2014, 10:22:00 am »

"The weapon I carry is one prototype we have; a new style of laser rifle.  I could let you examine it if you wish.  The battlesuit there has an adaptive weapon of uncertain origin, as well.  We can provide opportunities to see other items of note as well."

"Also, our group has scientists working with body treatments that go beyond the UWM's 'allowed' science."  Lars gestured toward Renan and Lyra with this.

Talk.  Unsling the Raduga and let him see it if he desires.  Explain its features and advantages; allow Miyamoto to explain its features.  Also show him HEP.

Lars gestured to Mesk.  "This soldier has an example of an alien weapon we have recovered.  It fires a beam of impressive destructive potential from its own power source.  We have reverse engineered it and are able to mass produce it now."

Lars spoke a quick message over team comms.  "Does anyone have the full features of this new rifle, or any alien artifacts on their person?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:14:01 am by Toaster »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2014, 10:57:33 am »

((Is Jim wearing his spike armor? That's a Nyartifact.))

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45