Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76263 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2014, 11:32:42 am »

Display the Pyramid of Power, not in a threatening way but in a show-offy way.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2014, 10:52:11 am »

The adviser takes the rifle from Lars and examines it, turning it over in his hands and squinting at the components. Then he walks over to Mesk and looks at the pyramid. He seems extremely interested by it, holding Mesk by the wrist and carefully looking it over and running his hands around it and under it, to make sure it wasn't floating through some sort of trickery.

"Interesting" He says, not looking away from the Pyramid. "It would be prudent to see these technologies demonstrated. There is a firing range the guards use, would that be acceptable?"

"Is there anything behind the firing range?" Lars asks.

"No. It is just a series of targets set up in a field."

"Ah, good. Don't want to accidentally blow a hole in anything." He glances towards Miya, waiting for an approval.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2014, 12:20:14 pm »

Miyamoto nods in Lars' direction to indicate they'll go and show the Advisor what he wants.

Then, over private comms:

"Kay then gents, our new friend wants us to show him we can live up to our claims. Be careful and precise about it; there's nobody chasing us, so might as well do it good the first time.

Lars, you can go first if you like. We can also show off Renen's capabilities while we're at it, but let's start with our guns."

((Translation: be sure to charge a dynamic bonus.))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:25:49 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2014, 12:31:26 pm »

Walk in formation. Hum something nonchalantly with the microphone off.
It's not like I have anything to shoot with, have I?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »

Jim tags along, of course.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »

Display advanced alien Nyartifact- the laser rifle

Watch the fireworks.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2014, 02:39:42 pm »

follow along
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2014, 04:29:03 pm »

March in formation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2014, 06:23:27 pm »

"Let us go, then.  Lead the way, Overseer."

Follow.  Prepare to fire arms. (Charge?)

If called to fire, fire a test shot from each firing mode, allowing the different modes to be explained.  Take care between shots and don't go overboard.  Don't show off overcharge mode unless firing X-ray mode.

((Since it's not actually a combat turn, can we skip waiting a turn for firing the overcharge mode?  If so, disregard the not showing off overcharge mode.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:04:12 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2014, 06:53:11 pm »

Follow, charge dynamic bonus.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2014, 07:31:34 am »

"Let us go, then.  Lead the way, Overseer."

Follow.  Prepare to fire arms. (Charge?)

If called to fire, fire a test shot from each firing mode, allowing the different modes to be explained.  Take care between shots and don't go overboard.  Don't show off overcharge mode... yet.

((Since it's not actually a combat turn, can we skip waiting a turn for firing the overcharge mode?  If so, disregard the not showing off overcharge mode.))

((You can't really not show off the overcharge mode if you want to show the X-Ray mode. X-Rays only fire when overcharged, it's essentially an anti-materiel sniper rifle mode.

It's a pretty good breakdown of the modes, actually. Microwave is like a flamethrower - horrible burning death to anything you point it at, but weak against good armor. IR/UV is a pair of assault rifles - all-purpose and generic. Visible light is like a machinegun - deadly, but bright, flashy, and most often used to suppress and intimidate. X-Ray is a sniper rifle - slow to fire, but long-ranged and deadly as all get out.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2014, 11:04:40 am »

((Good point; edited to accommodate that.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2014, 11:14:45 am »

Stay in formation, switch to No Colour mode and follow the team to the firing range. Get set up and get ready to fire.

Are we still in formal mode here or is it assumed that the ice has broken and I could I talk to one of the guards?

If I should start the demonstration now, it can be found below. Make sure to take good aim and lock the battlesuit's limbs in place before firing if possible, to avoid any accidents. Also countdown from three before firing to ensure that everyone knows I'm about to fire. Unless my superiors believe it would not be a good idea for me to talk while doing it, in which case just do it silently.

Spoiler: Demonstration (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:16:44 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2014, 12:27:24 pm »

The Adviser leads the way to the target range, which turns out to be not much more then a grassy field with some cloth targets set up against the backing of a sandy hill. It's clearly designed for traditional gunpowder rifles and munitions. There are a few guards there already, taking shots at the targets from behind a spray painted line in the grass.

"Whenever your men are ready." The Adviser says, indicating the targets.

Stay in formation, switch to No Colour mode and follow the team to the firing range. Get set up and get ready to fire.

Are we still in formal mode here or is it assumed that the ice has broken and I could I talk to one of the guards?

If I should start the demonstration now, it can be found below. Make sure to take good aim and lock the battlesuit's limbs in place before firing if possible, to avoid any accidents. Also countdown from three before firing to ensure that everyone knows I'm about to fire. Unless my superiors believe it would not be a good idea for me to talk while doing it, in which case just do it silently.

Spoiler: Demonstration (click to show/hide)
You could talk to them, if you want. If they would talk back. Also dat spoiler tho. Jeez.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2014, 12:29:29 pm »

Fire a test shot from each firing mode, allowing the different modes to be explained.  Take care between shots and don't go overboard.  Don't show off overcharge mode unless firing X-ray mode.

Hope I got a con bonus.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45