Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78123 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2014, 11:21:00 am »

I assume they DO occasionally clear the floors of the vault and the safety deposit box room, so we may have an in. And even it they don't, we can still break into the vault from there.

While waiting through the day for the time BAM services shows up again, Michael puruses an idea he had for a device for eliminating pursuit and checks whether any of the fronts has the following:Custom metalworking for a housing, a powerful, compact battery, a strong laser emitter, and custom lensing that refracts light into many beams.
Are you trying to make a laser discoball?

Well, laser discoball grenade, but yes, actually :P. I was inspired by that time a guy tried to use a damaged laser rifle, and figured if I needed to take out a cop car or two, or a bunch of cops, this device should punch through any armor design to stop kinetics. Question: Would using the tinker thread to lay out the specifics for this be acceptable?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2014, 11:26:05 am »

I assume they DO occasionally clear the floors of the vault and the safety deposit box room, so we may have an in. And even it they don't, we can still break into the vault from there.

While waiting through the day for the time BAM services shows up again, Michael puruses an idea he had for a device for eliminating pursuit and checks whether any of the fronts has the following:Custom metalworking for a housing, a powerful, compact battery, a strong laser emitter, and custom lensing that refracts light into many beams.

Well, laser discoball grenade, but yes, actually :P. I was inspired by that time a guy tried to use a damaged laser rifle, and figured if I needed to take out a cop car or two, or a bunch of cops, this device should punch through any armor design to stop kinetics. Question: Would using the tinker thread to lay out the specifics for this be acceptable?
Sure, if it takes the place of a turn here.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2014, 11:27:32 am »

Sure, if it takes the place of a turn here.

Well, he won't be doing anything until the cleaning guys come back anyways so :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2014, 03:58:10 pm »

"You guys want me to pick anything up? I feel like going out."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »

Thaddeus rolls out of bed bleary eyed, before showering, getting dressed and heading out to the living room. Upon hearing D'usse he speaks up, "Hey, I'll go with you. We need to get some pots, pans, kitchen utensils, pillows, stuff like that. Towels would be nice too, I don't really like air drying myself after I get out of the shower."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2014, 04:42:17 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

"D'usse, pick some bodyguardy clothes for me.
Skylar, maybe I can pretend to be a bodyguard for the person who goes to open account. I could then bring some minicameras and plant them around."

How long until weedend. They use this archaic 5+2 days per week calender, right? Any special days coming?
Set one minicamera at my watchspot aimed to the bank and set it to record (to my wristpad,datapad or laptop if it doesn't have internal storega, using my connector cables if necessary). We can review the records later.
About those additional disguises we ordered a while ago: They arrive today? Or have they already arrived, somehow without us noticing?

If the clothes have already arrived:
Wear middle-class one, grab few minicameras, walk by eastern side of the bank block. Plant one camera pointing at the J.Smith building if I can find good place for it and if I can do it discreetly. Also observe the building casually.
Same for the bank alley, one camera pointing at repository door and another at employee door, if there's good hidden spot and no one sees me.

If clothes have not arrived:
Check if our store fronts can order sleeping gas with large enough quantites to gas entire bank, or materials to create such. If we don't have information about ventilation system, try obtain one. If we have the info, or if I manage obtain one, try locate intake points of the ventilation system and check if there's anything that could filter the gas out. Military surplus have working gasmasks for sale, right?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:17:40 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2014, 11:37:14 am »

"I found few old warehouses out on the edge of the industrial district. Perfect place for storing more dangerous stuff we might need. If Steve sets up transporting company front for us and rents one warehouse for it, no one will bat eye if lot's of different types of stuff are ordered to same location. Should we go for it?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2014, 09:42:57 am »

Milno sighs and rests his chin on a metallic hand. With his brain occasionally tuning out and focusing on a different matter entirely, he can say this isn't going to be easy.

Do order at least the paint needed for the job. There must be at least one picture of one of their vans somewhere in their site or in the Internet at large.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2014, 06:04:27 pm »

Thaddeus rolls out of bed bleary eyed, before showering, getting dressed and heading out to the living room. Upon hearing D'usse he speaks up, "Hey, I'll go with you. We need to get some pots, pans, kitchen utensils, pillows, stuff like that. Towels would be nice too, I don't really like air drying myself after I get out of the shower."

Go shopping for the requested supplies.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2014, 02:18:38 am »

Get up, shower, get dressed, and get something to eat. Then go shopping with D'usse
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2014, 01:03:38 pm »

Skylar, maybe I can pretend to be a bodyguard for the person who goes to open account. I could then bring some minicameras and plant them around."

How long until weedend. They use this archaic 5+2 days per week calender, right? Any special days coming?
Set one minicamera at my watchspot aimed to the bank and set it to record (to my wristpad,datapad or laptop if it doesn't have internal storega, using my connector cables if necessary). We can review the records later.
About those additional disguises we ordered a while ago: They arrive today? Or have they already arrived, somehow without us noticing?

If the clothes have already arrived:
Wear middle-class one, grab few minicameras, walk by eastern side of the bank block. Plant one camera pointing at the J.Smith building if I can find good place for it and if I can do it discreetly. Also observe the building casually.
Same for the bank alley, one camera pointing at repository door and another at employee door, if there's good hidden spot and no one sees me.

If clothes have not arrived:
Check if our store fronts can order sleeping gas with large enough quantites to gas entire bank, or materials to create such. If we don't have information about ventilation system, try obtain one. If we have the info, or if I manage obtain one, try locate intake points of the ventilation system and check if there's anything that could filter the gas out. Military surplus have working gasmasks for sale, right?

The weekend is the day after tomorrow. You check online and don't see any major holidays within the next few weeks.
You set up the camera for recording.
The disguises will arrive today. Probably soon, around noonish. Check down with the guy in the lobby next turn.

Not sure "Sleeping gas" is a thing. You can pump in something that would knock people out but there's a good chance it will just kill several of them. Anesthesia is tricky. The blueprints have general info on the ventilation system; easiest access would be the air conditioning unit around the back, on the roof. And yes, you could get working gas masks, though I'm not entirely sure if they're rated for such things...we'd have to check. Scuba gear, ie independent oxygen might be more reliable.

Milno sighs and rests his chin on a metallic hand. With his brain occasionally tuning out and focusing on a different matter entirely, he can say this isn't going to be easy.

Do order at least the paint needed for the job. There must be at least one picture of one of their vans somewhere in their site or in the Internet at large.
You order the paint and find some images of their trucks on the web.

Go shopping for the requested supplies.
Get up, shower, get dressed, and get something to eat. Then go shopping with D'usse
You pick up a bevy of nice homey supplies and then the type of simple, aggressive suit you'd expect someone with a shaved head, dark sunglasses and concealed brass knuckles to wear.  When you get back to the apartment you both spend some time putting everything away and making the apartment look more lived in and less like a hollow shell used for keeping an eye on the bank.

It's...fairly nice here, living on someone else's dime in nice environs; doing simple work with plenty of time to plan. It's practically a vacation.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2014, 01:33:48 pm »

Michael draws some diagrams for a while, planning the device he wants to build. Then he tosses it all away as impractical and simply sees about getting a steel tube and some explosive for a good old fashioned pipe bomb. Preferably built at some other location than the apartment for security reasons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2014, 02:09:51 pm »

((Vacation mode: ON.))

"I'm gonna buy us a car. Anyone up for a ride?"

Eat a breakfast, or maybe it should be a lunch by now.
Grab money, Thaddeus, id papers, driving licence, a taxi and go buy us a nice car. Choose one from higher end of middle class cars that wouldn't gather much attention. Drive around the city and check out some nice monuments. I hope our apartment has a private parking lot...

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:07:30 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:37 am »

"I'll ride along with you. I wanna at least see some of a world before I die in some godforsaken alien nightmare."

Ride along with Ulrich. Make sure to get money, ID and all that good stuff.

"So, just a thought before we go, on all of these searches you guys are doing online, ya'll are like, I dunno, routing them through other servers or some other technobabble bullshit to make it harder to track it back to us, right? 'Cause I could see some sort of government agency having a computer program that would red-flag all of these types of searches coming from the same IP address. I just don't want to come back here, and find you guys being arrested and then we now have to break you guys out of jail AND rob the bank. Just a thought."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2014, 11:59:51 am »

Michael draws some diagrams for a while, planning the device he wants to build. Then he tosses it all away as impractical and simply sees about getting a steel tube and some explosive for a good old fashioned pipe bomb. Preferably built at some other location than the apartment for security reasons.

We can get you pipe bombs. Flack or no flack? Ie you want the pipe filled with metal ball bearings and nails or not?

((Vacation mode: ON.))

"I'm gonna buy us a car. Anyone up for a ride?"

Eat a breakfast, or maybe it should be a lunch by now.
Grab money, Thaddeus, id papers, driving licence, a taxi and go buy us a nice car. Choose one from higher end of middle class cars that wouldn't gather much attention. Drive around the city and check out some nice monuments. I hope our apartment has a private parking lot...

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
"I'll ride along with you. I wanna at least see some of a world before I die in some godforsaken alien nightmare."

Ride along with Ulrich. Make sure to get money, ID and all that good stuff.

"So, just a thought before we go, on all of these searches you guys are doing online, ya'll are like, I dunno, routing them through other servers or some other technobabble bullshit to make it harder to track it back to us, right? 'Cause I could see some sort of government agency having a computer program that would red-flag all of these types of searches coming from the same IP address. I just don't want to come back here, and find you guys being arrested and then we now have to break you guys out of jail AND rob the bank. Just a thought."
After breakfast, and after making sure your pack is nicely stuffed with id papers, drivers license and similar useful things, you head out to get yourself a car. You peruse the lots for a while before finding one that is...it's not much to look at, very generic dark gray paint job, a bit thick and heavy looking, like it was made of square and rectangular sections slightly rounded. But the engine is quite powerful, the gas tank is large, the tires are thick and wide, and the cab is fairly robust, for a civ vehicle. It's the best you can get, buying retail like this. You withdraw enough money to buy it outright. You drive off the lot and around the city, sightseer's map in hand, observing all the attractions it suggests for tourists. There are several that are...candidates, in your mind.

You return and park the car in the private lot behind the apartment. It costs more then the free parking down the street but money really isn't an issue to you.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40