Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78099 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2014, 02:33:21 am »

((@renegadelobster: Bank might need your address. Ensure you have one that isn't our apartment.))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment --> Bank

Leave with Thaddeus in a bit less obvious manner: Wear different clothes when leaving the apartment and switch into the suit in other part of city where nobody can see us. Recommend same idea for Thaddeus.
Be his designated driver and bodyguard and act like it: ie. position myself to protect him from possibly dangers, watch people in bank, all while actually scanning for usual security measures: cameras, locks, sensors and guys in security office if I happen to see them. If possible, try to see name of manufacturer or serial/id number in those security things.
Assuming I can understand the language, listen what people talk about. Maybe I can hear something useful?

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:42:42 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2014, 11:49:40 am »

((@Aoshima Thanks! That could of been bad.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2014, 02:51:46 am »

Local laws allow open carry, and the process of getting a permit involves taking a test and going through a training class.

Well, we'll assume it runs and you stay incognito. What are you looking for?
Mostly trying to identify the security and other bank radio channels, partially by judging the channel response as customers enter, and around when our pair enters.

Find a random open source coding project to work on occasionally while waiting for our pair.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2014, 01:02:17 pm »

Withdraw a few hundred dollars, break it into small bills(preferably one bill at a time at different stores. Buy junk food ore something), and visit several hobbyist shops, picking up the following: liquid fuel hobby rocket engines, remote control radio parts, motorized wheels, command software. See if there is a shop doing custom metalwork or plastics, and get a shell similar to a scout eye, as well as several cylinders or pipes.

Then, discreetly order explosives through our mining front and wait for delivery to a secure location(have Steve set up one).

Junk food ore?  You've struck a vein of Doritos! PRAISE THE MINERS!

You spend a while doing some amateur money laundering and then buy up all the supplies you need for something that is, frankly, a bit Jokerish. Just add a smiling face and you're set.

How much explosives and how powerful? I'll assume you want something nice, stable and electrically activated.

Edit: Before all this though, make sure the address I give them is NOT the one where we are all staying. Go and get another apartment set up for us.

Eh, let's go with several hundred thousand, and set up some investments. Long term and short term. Sign up for services, including the deposit boxes, and see if they'll give us a tour of their security measures as I am a Very Important Person and want to ensure my money is protected. Make sure to bring Ulrich along.

We'll assume you have a nice anonymous po box.

You and your Body guard head over to the bank but are stopped almost immediately by their security, who politely inform you that, if your guard insists on carrying a gun into the bank, they're going to have to insist on calling the police and or shooting him. He tells them that the gun is fake, just something to scare criminals and they nod, very understanding, and tell him it doesn't matter.  They give you the option of surrendering the weapon or leaving.

((@renegadelobster: Bank might need your address. Ensure you have one that isn't our apartment.))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment --> Bank

Leave with Thaddeus in a bit less obvious manner: Wear different clothes when leaving the apartment and switch into the suit in other part of city where nobody can see us. Recommend same idea for Thaddeus.
Be his designated driver and bodyguard and act like it: ie. position myself to protect him from possibly dangers, watch people in bank, all while actually scanning for usual security measures: cameras, locks, sensors and guys in security office if I happen to see them. If possible, try to see name of manufacturer or serial/id number in those security things.
Assuming I can understand the language, listen what people talk about. Maybe I can hear something useful?

See above.  Your move, quick draw.

Local laws allow open carry, and the process of getting a permit involves taking a test and going through a training class.

Well, we'll assume it runs and you stay incognito. What are you looking for?
Mostly trying to identify the security and other bank radio channels, partially by judging the channel response as customers enter, and around when our pair enters.

Find a random open source coding project to work on occasionally while waiting for our pair.

I forget, did you get any sort of good radio monitoring equipment, because you can scan for wireless but radio monitoring is not the sort of thing usually done with a laptop computer, at least not without an antenna.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2014, 01:54:21 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank

"Understandable. But you better do 'scaring criminals' part for me then."

Surrender the toy. They have to give it back to me when we leave. Take a look what kind of guns, armor and tools they have, because my ability to protect my boss is slightly reduced.

Continuing previous act: Watch people in bank, while actually scanning for usual security measures: cameras, locks, sensors. Be more vigilant since I don't have my scare toy anymore.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2014, 07:21:08 pm »

Go used unlimited funds to drink overpriced coffee. Then go see if there's a gun gun store around. Browse guns.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2014, 09:13:34 pm »

Thaddeus glares at Ulrich while speaking: "I'm sorry, my...bodyguard, can be a little over zealous at times when it comes to my well-being and forgets that there are some areas where his, heh, toy is not welcome." Thaddeus then turns his gaze back to the guard: "He is very effective though and always does his job with the utmost concern for my safety. I am deeply sorry for this incident though."

Do this:
Eh, let's go with several hundred thousand, and set up some investments. Long term and short term. Sign up for services, including the deposit boxes, and see if they'll give us a tour of their security measures as I am a Very Important Person and want to ensure my money is protected. Make sure to bring Ulrich along.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:39:18 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2014, 02:41:12 am »

Powerful enough to flip a car or take out a helicopter when detonated, yeah. Electrically activated would be nice as well...maybe see if Aster-Ex can be acquired without suspicion? If not, the next best thing as long as it remains on the down-low. Oh, and if I didn't include them, also grab cameras so Michael can actually see where they are going through his wristpad.

As soon as the goods are delivered to the secure location Michael had Steve set up, charge handi bonus in preparation to assemble the motorized pipe bombs and rocket drones.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2014, 12:48:55 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank

"Understandable. But you better do 'scaring criminals' part for me then."

Surrender the toy. They have to give it back to me when we leave. Take a look what kind of guns, armor and tools they have, because my ability to protect my boss is slightly reduced.

Continuing previous act: Watch people in bank, while actually scanning for usual security measures: cameras, locks, sensors. Be more vigilant since I don't have my scare toy anymore.

They're clearly armed, though only with handguns, at least currently. They're wearing a non-eye catching gray uniform that bulges out in the tell tale way around the chest and stomach, hinting at a bullet proof vest. They're wearing the standard low level security/rent-a-cop gear otherwise but something about them seems a bit too...hard for that. They've got that look of post military or former merc, the hard eyes and set features of someone who got booted for killing a few too many civies and now works here to keep hold of just a fraction of that power.  You're guessing they've got better weapons in the security room, and that they're more then happy to use them.

There are plenty of cameras around in here, most of them set up in corners or overhead of the large teller island thing in the center. Every angle you can see is covered by at least two cameras, probably more. Locks are harder to see without walking over to them but you can see the door into the back of the bank from across the lobby, past a few supervisor desks. It's right where the blueprints say it is, and there's what looks like a card reader or something similar next to it.

So far you don't hear anything special.

Go used unlimited funds to drink overpriced coffee. Then go see if there's a gun gun store around. Browse guns.
The nearest gunstore is off more on the outskirts of the city, in the sketchier part of town. You go there and find that they sell pretty much what you'd expect. Mostly handguns, hunting rifles, shotguns, a few lower caliber machine pistols and rifles. The generic sort of lower power civie stuff you'd expect an arms dealer in the city to have.

Thaddeus glares at Ulrich while speaking: "I'm sorry, my...bodyguard, can be a little over zealous at times when it comes to my well-being and forgets that there are some areas where his, heh, toy is not welcome." Thaddeus then turns his gaze back to the guard: "He is very effective though and always does his job with the utmost concern for my safety. I am deeply sorry for this incident though."

Do this:
When the tellers hear the amount of money you're throwing around they immediately bring you to one of their supervisors in the separate desks over nearer the entrance to the back of the bank. You go through the rigamarole of setting up the accounts, putting money wherever the tight shirted, impeccably starched, false smiling bank representative passively aggressively suggests you should. You make sure to sign up for the safe deposit boxes and ask to be shown the boxes and the security measures regarding them. The the man very politely tells you that you have to sign up for an appointment to see the box, as the vault is only open a certain amount each day. He also assures you repeatedly of the strength of the security measures but is never very specific as to what they are. Clearly he's been coached to deal with these sorts of things in a nice evasive manner.

Powerful enough to flip a car or take out a helicopter when detonated, yeah. Electrically activated would be nice as well...maybe see if Aster-Ex can be acquired without suspicion? If not, the next best thing as long as it remains on the down-low. Oh, and if I didn't include them, also grab cameras so Michael can actually see where they are going through his wristpad.

As soon as the goods are delivered to the secure location Michael had Steve set up, charge handi bonus in preparation to assemble the motorized pipe bombs and rocket drones.

Aster-ex is space mining crap. They're gonna wonder why anyone wants it down here. We'll get you a c4 alternative. How many 1lb bricks should we get?

Cameras, alright.

They'll all be delivered to a warehouse, but you'll have to wait for the car to get back to use it. Problematically, taking public transport to your secret lair is...probably ill-advised.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »

Let's say I'm doing a more thorough passive scan for wireless networks that might be in the bank, especially secured ones for later analysis.

Head back to the apartment before they leave the bank, order some equipment for picking up, amplifying, and potentially decrypting radio signals, ideally that will fit in a small section of the apartment. Order a more discrete one with less power that could be hooked into the laptop or datapad.

Ask Steve if we have any secure proxy servers we could work through, or the time to set one up. If we have one online, start probing the Janitor's network through it.

(( Random tech note, a machine with wireless is usually capable of snooping packets off-the-line just with some software. In secured networks, those packets are encrypted, but that's fine. I just want the packets for now. In unsecured networks, you can just read the packets off the air. This is what the 'your traffic may be observed' is warning about when connected to an unsecured network. :P

I will agree that I don't have the equipment for more traditional radio snooping. I'll go buy some!)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2014, 06:51:48 pm »

Buy six revolvers and ammunition for all of them. Buy some sort of container for them too, so I don't look weird walking around with an armful of handguns. Ask if they're any shooting ranges in the city.

Afterwards, take the guns home, and leave them there. Head out to a clothing store, see if they sell any normal clothing that would fit on the skin under clothing, something like a corset or one-piece undergarment.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:49:50 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2014, 08:00:45 pm »

Sign up for an appointment, ask them to list off the next several times the vault is open. Pick, say, the second  one or so, if it's before the weekend.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:13:21 pm by renegadelobster »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2014, 11:55:50 pm »

((@Renegadelobster: Try ensure visitors pass before weekend, which is day after tomorrow.))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank, next to Thaddeus.

Watch. Listen. That card reader looks interesting.

Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2014, 02:17:24 pm »

(( @Aoshima  Thanks...again  :) This is what I get for trying to post actions when I'm running low on sleep. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2014, 12:48:22 pm »

Let's say I'm doing a more thorough passive scan for wireless networks that might be in the bank, especially secured ones for later analysis.

Head back to the apartment before they leave the bank, order some equipment for picking up, amplifying, and potentially decrypting radio signals, ideally that will fit in a small section of the apartment. Order a more discrete one with less power that could be hooked into the laptop or datapad.

Ask Steve if we have any secure proxy servers we could work through, or the time to set one up. If we have one online, start probing the Janitor's network through it.

(( Random tech note, a machine with wireless is usually capable of snooping packets off-the-line just with some software. In secured networks, those packets are encrypted, but that's fine. I just want the packets for now. In unsecured networks, you can just read the packets off the air. This is what the 'your traffic may be observed' is warning about when connected to an unsecured network. :P

I will agree that I don't have the equipment for more traditional radio snooping. I'll go buy some!)

Alright, scanning. You're not finding anything that sticks out; nothing that says "BANK" on it, though there are several secure networks in the area. It could be any of them, or none of them.

Ordering. The equipment is relatively discrete except for the antenna. Most of the stuff is just metal boxes with dials and monitors, the sort of thing that could be used for anything, but the big fractal antenna sticking out of one of them does give it away a bit. It should be fine in the apartment,but you should stop anyone from seeing it, unless you want them to get suspicious.

>The software for that is a breeze but it will take a while to get the physical machine set up. Please hold.

Buy six revolvers and ammunition for all of them. Buy some sort of container for them too, so I don't look weird walking around with an armful of handguns. Ask if they're any shooting ranges in the city.

Afterwards, take the guns home, and leave them there. Head out to a clothing store, see if they sell any normal clothing that would fit on the skin under clothing, something like a corset or one-piece undergarment.

You buy in bulk and the guy throws in a nice nondescript box so you don't get mugged on the way home. There are a few firing ranges, though all of them are on the outskirts of town.

You get the guns back to the apartment in this turn.

Sign up for an appointment, ask them to list off the next several times the vault is open. Pick, say, the second  one or so, if it's before the weekend.
They state that they have appointments for any weekday between 10am and 2pm. You take one at 10:20am, tomorrow.

((@Renegadelobster: Try ensure visitors pass before weekend, which is day after tomorrow.))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Bank, next to Thaddeus.

Watch. Listen. That card reader looks interesting.

The card reader is a black nub sticking out of the wall near the door. It looks identical to the one sticking out of the wall next to the employee entrance in the alleyway.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40