Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40

Author Topic: Mission 16: Serial Experiments Skylar  (Read 78040 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 16: The Heat is on.
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2014, 01:39:30 pm »

Yup. Keep watching with cam-eyes. Get coffee as needed.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »

Sleep, possibly curling up to Milno. Wake up. Drank.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2014, 07:57:23 pm »

Hmm, truck sized huh? Well, it could work if we use it against the whole block to disguise it as some sort of weird power outage or something, but that's for tomorrow. Sleepy time! Dream of other ways to get into bank(dreaming intuition roll maybe? :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2014, 10:31:52 am »

Yup. Keep watching with cam-eyes. Get coffee as needed.
Even if you are a brain in a robot, you'll need to sleep at some point. Brain is still organic, after all.

In the early hours of the morning you see a group of three men drive up to the front of the bank, park, and then unload equipment. The cleaning crew has finally arrived. They sweep quickly through the building in the course of about an hour and a half and then leave. The van they took to get there is green, with "BAM Services" Printed on the side.

Hmm, truck sized huh? Well, it could work if we use it against the whole block to disguise it as some sort of weird power outage or something, but that's for tomorrow. Sleepy time! Dream of other ways to get into bank(dreaming intuition roll maybe? :P)
...She Eats flies...

...The Robed Stone Revealed...

...Quiet...

Sleep, possibly curling up to Milno. Wake up. Drank.
You best be careful whose man you're trying to steal. The cat fight between you and the AM wouldn't last long. Unless you're just trying to get back into the May body~

((Not really.))

Sleep for the night, wake up early but not overly so. Breakfast.

Back to work: check how well-defended the bank's cash transport armored trucks are, what is their route around the city and how well-armored are policemen and SWAT members. Does any of them have enough body armor as to make very difficult hitting them with tranq darts?

"Sky, anything more concrete on your mind yet?" Milno asks.
You haven't seen one of the trucks and you can't easily find info about their route. You'd probably have to stake the street out and follow the truck. Or track it in some fashion. If you can follow it back to where it came from, then you can follow it back to here. Assuming the same truck is used each time.

Swat equivalent is gonna be body-armored up, but normal cops probably won't have anything more then a vest, maybe some other specific armor like helmet or joint pads, depending.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Apartment

After ignoring alarm clock for two hours Ulrich gets up.

Join bank watching and do some research.
Identify suitable targets for bomb threats. And one or two for actual bombing but with minimal victims.
Does this city have telecommunication towers? If yes, could that null program be used to disable these towers and effectively all communications in the city? What is range of the program? And wouldn't it be a little less obvious if it is used near all banks and other valuable targets in the city?

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Gonna hold you back for this post to get people a bit more back together chronologically. Just repost it for the next turn.

Alright, it's about 6am, everyone except renegade got enough sleep to function, if somewhat tiredly.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2014, 10:49:42 am »

Gonna hold you back for this post to get people a bit more back together chronologically. Just repost it for the next turn.
((As you command.))

Relieve Thaddeus from his watching duty and watch the bank in his place. Hopefully I get to see the money trasporter.

In mean time do some research:
Identify suitable targets for bomb threats. And one or two for actual bombing but with minimal victims.
Does this city have telecommunication towers? If yes, could that null program be used to disable these towers and effectively all communications in the city? What is range of the program? And wouldn't it be a little less obvious if it is used near all banks and other valuable targets in the city?

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2014, 02:38:31 pm »

((Yeah, I figured I was already pushing how long I was staying up.))

"Thanks Ulrich, I was gonna have to resort to using tape to keep my eyes open. Oh, and the name of the cleaning service is BAM Services. That might be our way in. I'm off to bed now."

Sleep.Dream.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2014, 06:16:56 pm »

Upon hearing this, Michael smiles. Looks like we don't have to resort to scrambling the computers after all!  Michael looks up BAM services, and sees if they possibly have an opening. If not, he then checks to see if they might have left their computers on an open network, and if so attempts to surreptitiously 'acquire' a route schedule for their service. This should help with intercepting and impersonating the cleaning crew.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2014, 08:12:39 am »

"The fact they do employ an outsider cleaning crew is pretty good for us." Milno remarks, suddenly aware something terrible might have happened or been just barely avoided.

Check the Internet for info on BAM Services. Also check what places rent vans of the same kind as they use. You know, just in case.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2014, 07:25:56 pm »

Check on the news.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2014, 12:04:43 pm »

Check on the news.
Nothing special going on. Mostly local news fluff and puff.

((Yeah, I figured I was already pushing how long I was staying up.))

"Thanks Ulrich, I was gonna have to resort to using tape to keep my eyes open. Oh, and the name of the cleaning service is BAM Services. That might be our way in. I'm off to bed now."

Sleep.Dream.
Sleep.Dream eh? That seems like it might be a neat website. Wonder what kind of sheep a cyborg dreams about?

"The fact they do employ an outsider cleaning crew is pretty good for us." Milno remarks, suddenly aware something terrible might have happened or been just barely avoided.

Check the Internet for info on BAM Services. Also check what places rent vans of the same kind as they use. You know, just in case.
Upon hearing this, Michael smiles. Looks like we don't have to resort to scrambling the computers after all!  Michael looks up BAM services, and sees if they possibly have an opening. If not, he then checks to see if they might have left their computers on an open network, and if so attempts to surreptitiously 'acquire' a route schedule for their service. This should help with intercepting and impersonating the cleaning crew.
BAM stands for Business and Attraction Maintenance and appears to be a rather large company that does cleaning and repair/maintenance work for a lot of people and places. There's an "employment" option on their website and the option to send in your résumé or fill out an application online, along with some contact numbers. Routes, their kind of vehicle, all that info isn't readily available on their site. But you're pretty sure you could get a van that matched, or at least was close enough, if you got some pictures of the authentic thing again. Then repainting it probably wouldn't be too hard. The question is: do they have any access to the vault or Safety deposit boxes?

((As you command.))

Relieve Thaddeus from his watching duty and watch the bank in his place. Hopefully I get to see the money trasporter.

In mean time do some research:

You switch out with Thad. No sign of the currency transport yet; but it might not come every day. Might only come every so often.

Targets for bomb threats are easy: anywhere with lots of people. Subways, town hall, elementary schools, important buildings. Pick up an attraction map for tourists and just choose a few of the entries.

Actual bombing with minimal deaths is harder. Probably some sort of monument or art piece. Blow up the Rio Jesus or statue of liberty and you're gonna get a lot of attention but not anywhere near as many deaths as a fully loaded office building.

It has towers but it also has underground lines. You could do some damage, partially black things out, but not totally. And it would be less obvious what your specific target is, but that sort of wide spread knockout could just cause everyone to flip their collective shit and lock everything down. Madagascar syndrome.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2014, 10:47:19 pm »

(( Well androids have their electric ones. So either The Sheep, or, I don't know, Xan style ones for cyborgs  :D ))

Keep with the sleeping and dreaming. Gotta get my beauty sleep!  ;D

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2014, 04:16:01 am »

I assume they DO occasionally clear the floors of the vault and the safety deposit box room, so we may have an in. And even it they don't, we can still break into the vault from there.

While waiting through the day for the time BAM services shows up again, Michael puruses an idea he had for a device for eliminating pursuit and checks whether any of the fronts has the following:Custom metalworking for a housing, a powerful, compact battery, a strong laser emitter, and custom lensing that refracts light into many beams.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2014, 12:47:04 pm »

Keep watching the bank.
Let's study local traffic regulations: Does driving a car require licence here? If yes, do we have such licences? How about motorcycles or local variant? Or trucks? Locate stores selling and/or renting cars.
What is required to purchase or rent a flying vehicle (helicopters, small planes)? Look up where we can obtain ones that are capable of lifting off on the roads near the bank. Also where we can get training to fly those.

Find a large storage halls for sale where we could temporarily store/hide our bigger/dangerous purchases.

Preliminary data about that mob building next to the bank: look up info based on its address. Public offices usually have info about who owns what pieces of land.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

I assume they DO occasionally clear the floors of the vault and the safety deposit box room, so we may have an in. And even it they don't, we can still break into the vault from there.
Yeah, get in, take note of where security is, and remove them from play. We should have lots of time if we can get control of the security booth without alarm.

Anyway, today I'd like one or two of us to go in and open an account. Let's check with Steve, get an account setup to transfer from, make sure these backgrounds will hold up to that, and get a separate address to give the bank. Say we're new to the area and wanted to move some cash today and look into safety deposit boxes to move some assets later in the week. We can get an eye on day-time procedures and security in customer areas, and we'll get some idea of their box policy.
We may want to leave some minicams in the public area. If we can drop some without them or us getting spotted, we should. Otherwise, they'll just tip the bank's hand early.

We also need eyes on that shielded building. We need to know something before we can move. The most important question to answer is who. We are going to be in a lot of trouble if that's a UWM outfit, but if that's anyone else, we may want to make contact. They must be shielded for a reason, and we may be able to exploit that reason to our ends.

Inquire with Steve about how solid our background will be to the bank, and if we could secure other addresses to use, either nearby here or in this apartment building. Also ask if he can setup an account at a prominent bank in a different city for us to transfer money from.
Also ask if his contacts in the city happen to have any information about the shielded building, by address or reputation.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2014, 11:10:55 am »

(( Well androids have their electric ones. So either The Sheep, or, I don't know, Xan style ones for cyborgs  :D ))

Keep with the sleeping and dreaming. Gotta get my beauty sleep!  ;D
Are you expecting to have some Revelations from these dreams? 5,6 bits of info with which to complete the mission? Thats rather unlikely, though you might get something, if you really think about it.

While waiting through the day for the time BAM services shows up again, Michael puruses an idea he had for a device for eliminating pursuit and checks whether any of the fronts has the following:Custom metalworking for a housing, a powerful, compact battery, a strong laser emitter, and custom lensing that refracts light into many beams.
Are you trying to make a laser discoball?

Keep watching the bank.
Let's study local traffic regulations: Does driving a car require licence here? If yes, do we have such licences? How about motorcycles or local variant? Or trucks? Locate stores selling and/or renting cars.
What is required to purchase or rent a flying vehicle (helicopters, small planes)? Look up where we can obtain ones that are capable of lifting off on the roads near the bank. Also where we can get training to fly those.

Find a large storage halls for sale where we could temporarily store/hide our bigger/dangerous purchases.

Preliminary data about that mob building next to the bank: look up info based on its address. Public offices usually have info about who owns what pieces of land.

Things at the bank seem to be playing out basically the same as before. Employee times are about the same, morning rush is the same, all of it like clockwork. It is another weekday though, maybe weekends are different.

In order:
Yes
Yes
Yes, all vehicles require a license, but you've got one that is good for anything smaller then an 18 wheeler.
 Flying ones require a different license, not to mention a large background check and other difficult things.
Anything small enough to land on a street between buildings is only gonna hold 2 or 3 people at best, unfortunately.
Flight school. Assuming you have a few weeks for a crash course. Pardon the foreshadowing pun~.

There are several old warehouses out on the edge of the industrial district. Perfect place. Low rent too, as if it mattered.

According to all the public info you can find it was bought 3 years ago, paid for completely and is owned by someone named Mr. J. Smith.

Yeah, get in, take note of where security is, and remove them from play. We should have lots of time if we can get control of the security booth without alarm.

Anyway, today I'd like one or two of us to go in and open an account. Let's check with Steve, get an account setup to transfer from, make sure these backgrounds will hold up to that, and get a separate address to give the bank. Say we're new to the area and wanted to move some cash today and look into safety deposit boxes to move some assets later in the week. We can get an eye on day-time procedures and security in customer areas, and we'll get some idea of their box policy.
We may want to leave some minicams in the public area. If we can drop some without them or us getting spotted, we should. Otherwise, they'll just tip the bank's hand early.

We also need eyes on that shielded building. We need to know something before we can move. The most important question to answer is who. We are going to be in a lot of trouble if that's a UWM outfit, but if that's anyone else, we may want to make contact. They must be shielded for a reason, and we may be able to exploit that reason to our ends.

Inquire with Steve about how solid our background will be to the bank, and if we could secure other addresses to use, either nearby here or in this apartment building. Also ask if he can setup an account at a prominent bank in a different city for us to transfer money from.
Also ask if his contacts in the city happen to have any information about the shielded building, by address or reputation.

Solid enough for a background search on their level. Your backgrounds put you as offworlders from a planet that doesn't have FTL communication abilities. A quaint backwater. But that also means it will take years for them to get any info on you other then what they have in your files. That planet has never heard of you, obviously, but we should be lightyears away before that becomes a problem. And I doubt the police will follow you that far.

You're already transferring money from a well known bank, thats where your account is. So you're good there.

They have no real info, but some thing it's government, others think it's mob or even Flesh hackers. It's shady, thats all they really know. People rarely come or go.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40