Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: My first successioon game.  (Read 11237 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: My first successioon game.
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2014, 10:59:33 am »

Oh right yeah.
That's fine I've had that bug a long time ago, it had something to do with "dented".
IIRC, it's actually to do with something interrupting a military job.  At least, that's what I heard.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2014, 02:26:35 pm »

Timeless?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2014, 02:29:37 pm »

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2014, 02:31:29 pm »

Timeless?
No, he's got a week
I was just prodding him because three days ago he said "update tomorrow".

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2014, 02:43:05 pm »

Still here!  Will be adding updates, but my "tomorrow" was hampered by Councilman Murphy, who tends to enjoy making new laws to thwart previously stated goals.  (His life's work is compiled into a series of tomes named collectively, "Murphy's Law")
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2014, 02:45:01 pm »

Still here!  Will be adding updates, but my "tomorrow" was hampered by Councilman Murphy, who tends to enjoy making new laws to thwart previously stated goals.  (His life's work is compiled into a series of tomes named collectively, "Murphy's Law")
Cool.  I was just seeing how things were going.

Heh.  That was pretty clever.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2014, 02:47:20 pm »

:|
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2014, 01:42:12 pm »

* * * Breaking News * * *

New Guild in Bookthrowers: Ghosbusters!
Today, five members of a sub-culture calling themselves "New Yorkers" announced that they have formed a new guild.  Their leader proposed a radical new method of Dwarf-fu and the intention to monopolize the funerary industry.  Says 'Ray Stantz', Soon we will have the Necropolis built and the guild training quarters as well.  We will be the security so that no-one has to fear the night any longer!
Says Mayor: "It was inevitable".
-4th Granite, Year 9-

Voracious Cave Crawler Attacks!
A member of the Adriti Guild by the name of 'Erithkodor' was found today in the Bloodthorn Forests of northern Bookthrower, bitten in several places.  An unnamed ranger identified the bites as coming from a Voracious Cave Crawler.  The body of the deceased was claimed by his Guild-mates, but the beast remains at large.
-5th of Granite, Year 9-

Captain In Search of Home
The Captain of the Gaurd, "Freelance" Mafulosan, still has no quarters to call her own.  However, since she's also not part of a guild, she's requesting access to the "Zubb zubb", (considering her quasi-noble status and the fact that the Zubb zubb's have taken a few casualties.)
-5th of Slate, Year 9-

Administration Passes Controversial 'No Troll Baby' Law
"Freelance" Sibreksulus took offense today to the Soldier Squad's pet Troll.  The troll with great amounts of sqealing and grunting finally popped out a troll baby, which also began to squeal and cry.  Sibreksulus punched it in the head, silencing it forever and leaving it cradled in the arms of its mother, it's green little body lifeless and it's hours old head deflated like a bladder.  Also involved were 'Administrator' Tholbanis and 'Administrator' Okilbomrek who twisted and broke all of the tot's limbs before holding its anguished form down for 'Freelancer' Sibreksulus' final coup d' etat.  Good team effort, guys!
-10th of Slate, Year 9-

Migrants!
Seventeen hardy souls and a few animals have come to join us here.  Dwarves of note are three Diagnosers and four Hunting-types and two farm-workers. 
-17th of Slate, Year 9-

Local Guildmember Slays Alligator, No-one Notices
Ray Stantz, Ghostbuster, has had his first encounter with the local wildlife as an alligator tried to pull him into a stagnant pool. 
Ray 1, Alligator 0. 
-21st Slate, Year 9-

Necropolis Officially Breaks Ground After Unforseen Delay
The initial tree clearing and foundation excavation of The Necropolis has finally begun.  It may be slow going getting the masons to prepare enough stone blocks, however, considering how long it took the miners and woodcutters to begin preparing the site. We'll see if the brick-makers can be convinced to make bricks for our use instead.
-9th of Felsite, Year 9-

Zzub Guild Gains New Member
The Captain of the Gaurd was honored to be the most recent member of the Zzub guild and began his tenure as such by ordering sufficient quarters built. In defiance of tradition, these are hexagonal chambers. Will this start a new architectural trend?
-9th of Hematite, Year 9-

Death in the Deeps! 
Another victim of the serial killing voracious cave crawler has been found in the Lower World, dead from bites to the head and neck.  The new Ghostbusters guild has volunteered to find and vanquish the beast.  Pundits feel the 'Crawler hunt is a PR move by the new guild hoping to make a name for itself as the slaying of monsters is not part of their original charter.  'Ray', one of the original founders of the Ghostbusters replied to these allegations:
   To appease the spirits of the violently slain, we must not only memorialize the departed, but also memorialize the fact to the best of our ability that whatsoever slew them has been likewise slain.  Only then can they know True Peace.
-13th of Hematite, Year 9-

Death in the Deeps, Update!:
As told to the gossips back on the 13th of Hematite, the Ghostbusters had organized a grand 'Crawler hunt for the Cave Crawler now known as "Rithzamor".  After stalking the beast through the Bloodthorn forest in the northern Bookthrower caverns, they finally caught up to it at the base of an admantine spire.  By the light of that holy metal, Ray Stantz challenged the creature to single combat and after a struggle that lasted several hours...
Ray: 1, Rithzamor: 0. 
In other news, Mayor Okilbomrek has been re-elected to another term in office.  No surprise there!
-17th of Hematite, Year 9-

New Fashion Sensation Takes Bookthrower by Storm!
The autumn winds are turning chilly, but the design house of relative newcomer to the Bookthrower haute couture scene is none other than Freelancer Onolsemar.  In pride of place this season is Master Onolsemar's offering: The Chicken Leather Cloak - truly a work of magnificence!  Valued at over 23,000 dorfbucks, this singular work or art celebrates the brickmaker's trade by both encrusting and encircling it with earthenware cabochons.  Embroidered along the bottom is a band of cave spider silk from which hang rings of alpaca wool in an intricate pattern and the collar is fashioned from slender spikes of crundle-bone. molemarion leather and condensed ash which clack musically against each-other in a pleasing melody, much akin to the hammer and anvil folk songs we remember from our childhoods.  Fashioned out of blood thorn inlay is an image of Kib Wheelsbeauty. 
Master Onolsemar calls this opus to style, "Libashodom" (doesn't it just roll off the tongue?  FAB-U-LOUS!)
-8th of Limestone, Year 9-

Baron Appointed to Rule Bookthrowers!
This year's caravan has arrived bearing not only the regular dwarven fare, but a gift of nobility for Ray the Ghostbuster!  All hail Ray Stantz, Baron of Bookthrower!  (Ah, these nobles can be capricious!)
In other news, Mayor Bomrek was re-elected Mayor once again this year.  Congratulations to her victory!
-17th of Limestone, Year 9-

Forgotten Beast Sighted!
An emaciated towering gopher with six legs and external ribs roared out its battle call from the deepest caverns of North Bookthrower earlier today.  Those who've caught sight of it say it has mauve patchy fur and might be carrying a plague, because it's stench was so horrible! It's being called "The Stench of Disuth", and all are warned stay away from its noxious vapours.  Consider it extremely dangerous!
-23rd of Limestone, Year 9-

Stairwell Massacre!!
We all mourn the loss of the brave dwarves who lost their lives today when The Stench of Disuth attempted to ascend into Bookthrowers proper via the main stair. The towering gopher ran amok just hours earlier, slaying eight before local hero 'Freelancer Kathilolin', put a stop to the rampage with his iron pick.  I'm just the one that made the killing blow, stated Kathilolin, those other guys were the ones that broke its spine and chewed off some of those ribs!  Among the slain was Administrator Conjurebrass, our Chief Medical Dwarf.  He will be missed.  Taking his place is Administrator Ottemavuz, an adept of Medicine who moved to Bookthrowers just this past Slate.
-27th of Limestone, Year 9-

Steel Shield Given a Name!
Today, Zzub Railgath announced to all of Bookthrowers that his shield will be an heirloom named
Mostodamud Kacothakam (Shamethundered: The Confining Fortunes)
-9th of Moonstone, Year 9

Second Steel Shield Named!
The trend continues in the Zzub Guild as today Zzzub Kolrigoth declared his steel shield an heirloom as well:
Rurastthetust Lavathathel Berim (Guisepurges the Rounded Ring of Artifice)
-16th of Moonstone, Year 9-

New Schools in Old Dojo
Today, 'Freelancer' Idathtosid attained the coveted title of Swordmaster and left the Soldier Squad to found his own specialized school of Dwarf-fu: "Sword Style".  Not to be outdone, Spear-master 'Freelancer' Momuzsemor also declared the she has founded a new school of "Spear Style" Dwarf-fu.  When asked, Captain Zzub zzub Mafolusan responded, It is the nature of Dwarf Fu that students who survive the rigors of training eventually become masters of one style or another.  It is my hope to one day see one become a Master of all styles - and attain the highest degree of Mastery: "Grand Master".  I wish them both good fortune in the years ahead.
Students have quickly filled both classes which are scheduled to begin next week.
-11th od Opal, Year 9-

Champion of the Stairwell Massacre Found Dead!
Freelancer Kathilolin died today after a several month battle against an illness he acquired from the Stench of Disuth.  For several months, he was lauded as the Fortress Champion, but in the end, the noxious vapors he had breathed during the fight suffocated him.  Baron Ray has declared this an annual day of mourning, naming it "Gopher Day"
16th of Opal, Year 9-

A-Quiver With Excitement
Today, local artist Freelance Lenodingish revealed his life's work: A Jabberer leather quiver worth over 82,000 dorfbucks!  This has been in the back of my mind for a few years now, says the triumphant artist, Today, I just said to myself, 'No more waiting!' This quiver made from supple jabberer leather sports a complex interweaving of capybara bone and jabberer leather, hanging rings of green glass and spikes of ash and bronze.  All of this is encircled with bands of reacher leather and electrum. Against this pattern is superimposed an image of Kadol Glovewax the dwarf in iron, surrounded by a perfect circle made of rubicell.  He calls it, Isosetvuth
-13th of Obsidian, Year 9-

Axe Named as Heirloom!
Today, Zubb Kolrigoth named his steel battle axe Laniradil (The Sly Walls) and declared it a family heirloom.  Will the Zzub Guild be building a vault to store their family heirlooms once their current owners pass on?  Curious minds want to know!
-20th of Obsidian, Year 9-

New Year's Celebration SNAFU: 'Glass Tower' Incomplete
The New Years Party planned to also showcase the Baron's 'Glass Tower' has had to be put on hold this year due to unforeseen delays in its construction.  The Glass Tower, Baron Ray's own design, resembles the spreading fungi of the lower world set amongst the leafy trees of the upper world, symbolizing the mastery of both by the dwarves of Bookthrowers.  At its base are alcoves for engraved slabs, currently unoccupied, waiting to calm the spirits of the violently slain, and between the two is a training area in the shape of a cross-roads for the Ghostbusters Guild - We train where two paths meet, Baron Ray explained, using the unique Sword and Hammer style Dwarf-fu.  It's not for everyone.  Tower is expected to be completed by late Spring.
-1st of Granite, Year 10-

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r9qi9w4cvc4rre/Guild%20game%20year%2010.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:49:11 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2014, 07:44:09 pm »

Yep the zubb guild has open immigration.

Not exmigration though. :)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2014, 08:55:25 pm »

Yep the zubb guild has open immigration.

Not exmigration though. :)

KK (you mean "emigration"?)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:11:11 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2014, 05:32:07 pm »

Yes.
I never heard of that word until playing tropico. They never emigrated from my island paradise.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2014, 12:17:51 pm »

Oh hey turn is done!

Who's next?

Edit: Oh, it's highFive321.  Also Zubb, there were four artifacts created on my turn, not two.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2014, 12:25:56 pm »

Highfive321

Also Id like a repeat.
PKs DF Mod!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2014, 02:44:56 pm »

EpicHighFive321 hasn't been seen since October 14th, next?  I'll shoot him a pm, but I doubt he will pick up the save.

Edit: PM sent.  Should we just move on to the next person if he doesn't chime in by tomorrow?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:48:09 pm by 4maskwolf »

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2014, 10:09:55 am »

I'm next after highfive. Even though he hasn't been on in a bit I'll give him one more day out of kindness. Definataly not because I'm busy today.
Bob I never got to saying did you "EDIT" your entire post? I seem to remember reading it before, but not in newscast form. I like the newscast form.

EDIT: I'ma just go ahead and go I got some time.
Sorry high five the rules are rather relaxed as it goes to skipping and when you get here n so forth.

EDIT:I played some. It is still early summer. The FPS man the FPS.
If I make another game it will be limited to 50 dorfs.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:41:11 pm by zubb2 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11