Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: My first successioon game.  (Read 11229 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: My first successioon game.
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2014, 09:25:19 pm »

EDIT:I played some. It is still early summer. The FPS man the FPS.
Ikr.  I downloaded the save a while back to toy with it and holy hell that thing moves slowly.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2014, 10:19:10 am »

Report of the overlord zubb zubb.
Oh my goodness this place is a mess and so confusing. The zubb have been laying low and soldering for like nine
years now. The place has changed since we were in power.

It's just for the guard captain job seriously.

Our guild has been nearly built over by communal projects. We have benefitted though, our guild has never botherd
with steel through all the time it has existed. So the free steel is nice.
Looking through the map of the fortress it dosen't seem to have many farms. It may be the I simply cannot find
them. Who knows now. I stopped the first citizen I saw and it was wearing rags. This may be a an isolated thing.
Whatever, we're moveing the guild to a mansion/textile mill yet to be built.

The guiding force in my head is telling me to write down something that I don't really understand.

"THE FPS IS TERRIBLE!!"

That phrase will be a mystery forever I'm sure.

The force in my head didn't seem to know I was in the freelance squad.
Those and the zubb squad have been assembled on the front lawn for inspection and to guard the mansion work.

Adriti cooked a masterpeice.

Janine Melnitz has drowned in a big water thing. I have no idea what it is, no idea why she was in the water.

Lost a freelance mechanic don't know why.

Got a decent amount of work done on my little mansion as slow as it plays.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2014, 07:03:23 pm »

Shite I keep getting important dwarfs killed and it runs so slow.
I'm gonna quit while there is a fort.

Some report.
Crud a diplomate left unhappily.

Oh bugger we have a forgotten beast down past the staircase of way too far down.

It's killed a bunch of freelows and "lumber".
It has deadly dust.
I'm putting the zubb and the freelow guard on the rough lower dining hall thing.

I think this should be the save.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tnvut33mayopp6/Guild_game_year_10_the_one_zubb_did.rar

I had some artifact I didn't see it was made by the administrator.

Yes I'm finished here, next.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:10:05 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2014, 10:01:03 pm »

Time to see if I can tear this fortress apart :P

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2014, 10:04:39 pm »

No!  Janine Melnitz was one of the founding members of the Ghostbusters and a powerful one at that!  What an ignominious way to die.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2014, 10:46:11 am »

I know right.
I did forget to say the forgotten beast was killed and I believe one of the zubb was lost.
Mabey like ten unaffiliated dwarfs were killed as well.

To be honest I never had an FB that I botherd to kill.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2014, 11:43:53 am »

what's the queue like? Depending on FPS i should manage a dwarven year pretty quickly.

Never done a succession fort, but playing atm and current fortress is too "me". Time to spread my insanity to another fort. Looking to have a go within a week and will finish by a sunday (i do literally nothing on weekends).

Let me know if you can hit me up soon! If given a weekend i should manage it, seeing i don't leave the house then.

Will check back regularly to see if there's any fun updates :)

Lastly if you agree, i can clear up some of the fort using DFHack which can greatly improve FPS. basically clean everything (will help one heck of a tonne) and delete some corpses or you can try it. But from the sounds of things you're running a little slow ;)

basically type "clean all" and you should get an improvement, cleaning some corpses & crap can take a little longer.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:02:30 pm by Bigheaded »
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2014, 04:53:46 pm »

There are three or four guys in line right now.
That list is page one and I think it's your turn 4mask.

EDIT: I have never used df hack if any of the experienced overlords knows about this you can try it, just try not to break anything.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:55:45 pm by zubb2 »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2014, 04:56:04 pm »

EDIT: I have never used df hack if any of the experienced overlords knows about this you can try it, just try not to break anything.
I've acknowledged this, yes.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2014, 05:16:50 pm »

no really. All clean will do is remove blood/bile/poop & stuff like that from the map, including from clothing. If this game been going on as long as i think, this should increase FPS a decent amount. The only possible error i can concieve is if you are collecting blood into barrels for whatever reason or possibly collecting poison.
Even then, the worst that happens is that the job gets cancelled as item no longer exists.

Removing corpses and useless stuff is generally pretty safe also, but takes a bit more practice and can probably wait till my turn ;) As far more likely you'll try and delete something a dwarf may possibly be manipulating.

Not entirely sure how much it'll help FPS, depends on how many dwarves etc are running around anyway. What usually lags everything is when underground rivers become not full or simply too many dwarves/units.
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2014, 06:47:49 pm »

Its clear to me that we need a trash compactor.  And to kill all outsiders, extra animals.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »

Its clear to me that we need a trash compactor.  And to kill all outsiders, extra animals.

basically what i'll do very quickly and efficiently ;)

although be careful on killing trained animals as it makes very unhappy trainers if they're bonded with them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »

Notes Written by 'Freelance' Dakostbisol, Fortress Guard
13 Galena 10:

Finally, everything here is under control.  For a little while there were numerous instances of disorderly conduct and building destruction, but I finally got the first of our three criminals to jail.  I'm going to go find the other minor criminal next, and then there's... this guy.  I'm going to put down his information in the log for future reference:

As one of the fortress guards still in good condition, it falls to me to handle the prisoners while our captain is incapacitated.

Log of Wolf Wolf, head of the Wolf Clan,
Today marks an important day in the history of the wolf guild.  We are expanding upwards, towards the surface, inside a spire of rock.  This will serve as a possible bridge to the surface, and will be filled with relics in case we ever fall, so that those who follow may see what happened to us.  I shall personally oversee the work being done on this, in order to assure we will leave a place ready for future generations.

Edit: interestingly, the dwarf labeled "Zubb zubb" is not the original zubb zubb.  The original zubb zubb is different.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:08:17 pm by 4maskwolf »

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »

I've acknowledged this, yes.

Oh right sorry.

"Edit: interestingly, the dwarf labeled "Zubb zubb" is not the original zubb zubb.  The original zubb zubb is different."

The record stands. Not one zubb named after me has yet to live. ::)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:43:35 pm by zubb2 »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »

As a point of fact, the original Zubb Zubb is alive and well.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11