Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: My first successioon game.  (Read 11228 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My first successioon game.
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2014, 10:34:47 am »

The year is still young. 8)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2014, 01:28:48 pm »

My stars, I just looked in on your save, Zubb.  Blood all over the place, 24-30 frames every second, and usurpers sleeping in my barracks :P  Also that hole is leaking water still.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2014, 01:36:34 pm »

My stars, I just looked in on your save, Zubb.  Blood all over the place, 24-30 frames every second, and usurpers sleeping in my barracks :P  Also that hole is leaking water still.
Wait what's leaking water?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2014, 01:38:09 pm »

That area topside with the water I walled off with wood years ago.  Its still not evaporated, so it must be leaking.  South of the fort proper on top of the aquifer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2014, 10:34:34 am »

I'm gonna bump this and ask who is still playing.

Who is still playing?
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »

I am, and I'm still here. Slowly chugging along. Am at school right now (or rather, off campus on lunch), but I'll try to get you all something tonight.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2014, 10:16:06 am »

Mmmkay take your time, just wanted to ask.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2014, 02:02:28 pm »

Meh, just move me down a turn, I'm getting swamped right now.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2014, 02:46:00 pm »

Would probably help a lot from the sounds of things if someone who really knew what they were doing could clean the place up to put FPS to a reasonable level, this would help ensure future turns move along faster.

If the next turn holder is unsure of what to do, i can give it a shot and pisskop seems to know what's wrong. Pass it back to timeless bob after FPS issues have been resolved and get the show back on the road? Hopefully timeless bob can do so at the start of his turn anyhow.

Also, can i check how the game is being moved? are we just moving the save into DF folder? if so, which DF if running? or are we transferring the entire DF folder seeing Trainable war pigs are involved?

Lastly, can i have my name on the bottom of the list of players? :P
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

BeardedShrimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2014, 01:00:27 pm »

Also, can i check how the game is being moved? are we just moving the save into DF folder? if so, which DF if running? or are we transferring the entire DF folder seeing Trainable war pigs are involved?

From reading the first post, the version is 40.13. I also just loaded zubb's folder into my 40.13 r1 lazy newb pack. It was just the save folder.

Paused, the game is at 100 FPS on my computer. Unpaused, it immediately starts dropping down to 25 FPS, and very slowly keeps dropping to 20 FPS (imagine the graph of 1/x with the y-axis being FPS and the x-axis being seconds).

Also, once you guys manage to fix the FPS problems, can I be put on the bottom of the list as well?

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2014, 01:12:36 pm »

I do not actually have 40.13, so me taking a turn may actually be more of an issue than first realised. Seeing i can't locate 40.13 being available. Will worry about it if they really need me ;)
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:09 am »

Alright I thought about it some.
The pop cap is going down to fifty although this won't help immediatly it will eventualy. I might mandate "x" number of communal dwarves.
If Timeless bob can do all that df hack stuff then I'd ask that he do so. It should now be his turn seeing as 4mask is busy.
If anybody makes flowing water, then put in an "off" switch. We also probobly shouldn't have an animal farm for every dwarf either.

BeardedShrimp is on the list.

As to the save, is it possible to also trade the raws with the save. We may switch to that format.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2014, 08:37:51 pm »

While I've used DfHack before, mostly it's been to include others into my fortress population or to get map co-ords exported for a 3rd party map utility.  I don't really know how it works for the 40.xx version of the game.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2014, 06:29:04 am »

Personally my guess is that the fort is filled with stuff such as bones in the butchers, clothing everywhere, overfilled garbage dumps, that sort of thing. Removing 1000 items is quite likely, and if there's still blood everywhere, that doesn't help either and is possibly the easiest fix.

From Timeless Bob's post, my guess is that he hasn't started. Do you want me to look at it today? I can pretty much fix the FPS (hopefully) or at the very least bring it to a manageable stage and suggest further improvements and have it reuploaded today.

This should hopefully speed up rounds and make it a lot easier to complete turns, as i suspect the last few dropped out partly due to the fact it's so slow.

If you want me to look at it, can you upload the entire DF folder including save? As i do not have that version of DF.

Lastly note, this will not change the date at all. As all DFHack will do is instantaneously remove stuff. I won't be able to do much about animals and may suggest culling it, need to see the fort before suggesting anything ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:35:18 am by Bigheaded »

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2014, 05:08:46 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7n83mmm1dro5azu/df_40_13_legacy.rar

There it is then.
Would the next person to actualy play please change the pop cap to 50-52 and also send the raws with the save from now on everybody.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11