Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How will the turn order go after the last one is done?

Loop turn order
- 2 (50%)
Roll for it
- 1 (25%)
Make suggestion (post)
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: November 17, 2014, 07:13:19 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Carnagecrafts: Story of the Nameless Nomads  (Read 16803 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Carnagecrafts: Story of the Nameless Nomads
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »

Sold for president

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »

The rest of Winter, 121

Dear logbook,

Sold spent the rest of his time as a werelizard removing a leg from a gander before reverting back into a dwarf. Wearing nothing but his backpack, he marched into the foyer in front of the women and children proudly flopping his penis about until he found a new air of trousers.

Meanwhile, a bit of searching found this little treasure.

So our original werelizard was slain by a spear, and the next chooses to follow in discipline...

Further transformations were much more easily controlled; Sold wasn't really a problem for the next month or so. As he transformed, we put him inside the basement of his soon-to-be two-story house and closed a bridge behind him.

Just for shits and giggles we put a statue of werelizards outside of the building.

Wickys interrupted my recollection of the day's events to greet me with a standard, stern glare from eyes hidden by his helmet. He didn't fidget, shake, or do any movement really after inviting himself into my office to stand directly in front of my desk.

"Wickys, while I have no doubts that you would have been able to handle the last few months swimmingly, but maybe your intuition for how badly I'd perform was a bit... underwhelming?"

Wickys shook her head. "Magnus, those who do what they're good at contribute the most to the fortress. You've done an acceptable job, but even I recognize the Duchess' reign over my own."

This seemed random, but speech-y. "Wickys, I know you to be one to approach problems, be it by axe or by..." I waved my hand over to the masterful statue in my office of Wickys crying, made by my own two hands. "...Submission. What is your purpose for entering my office?"

Wickys must have been scowling under her helmet. "I personally like you more when you're drunk on ale than on power Magnus. I'm here to remind you that our deal is almost completed." I looked down to my desk's circle markings, etched firmly and covered in fingerprints. "Don't think I've forgotten. I've had the duchess herself passively hint at it in the dining hall. What's the real reason we're having this discussion?"

Wickys smiled. "Look whose dabbling in intent judging. Anyway, we've had a murder in the fortress yesterday. The victim died in his sleep. No witnesses. No leads."
Wickys tossed a sheet of paper with the crime details on my desk, adding "...And no idea how many of them populate the fortress."

I started rubbing the circumference of my familiar circle. "And I thought I was done with extraordinary dwarves..." Wickys retorted before leaving my office, "And in a couple months, you will be!"

The power plant was later upgraded to include more input, as the current drain to power it was also draining water from the canal at an alarming rate. This also allowed for more water wheels to be made, increasing power output and adding a potential spot for a fortress "outlet" near the farms.

Now the only thing required to work with the flood chamber is for the canal below to be fed more water, the pump stack isn't fast enough (even if it is powered).

Some attempts were made to rectify this, but it only helped in minor amounts. It was still fun watching the duchess herself dig to escape a flooding tunnel.

During Sold's last transformation in the year, I decided to place a potential lizard squad member in with him. You see, the recruit has no recorded family and was a trader (read as hauler). He waited eagerly for his squad captain to give him a combat lesson.

Note to future overseer: send in more than one recruit at a time.

Finding the irony a bit humorous, I doodled how I imagined the event went down in my logbook.

As you can see, I suck at drawing leather helmets.

Not taking this muse for granted, I also decided to scribble some notes for the next overseers, whomever they may be after my final day in office passes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I put a checkmark in the corner of the last page. UltraMagnus had signed the document, and now she was ready to resume life again as a Mason.
The last I heard about the mason's union, Brisby was starting to get ahead in skill of me. Looks like I need to focus on reasserting my place as head mason.

I left my office for today feeling alleviated. This year was rough, but thankfully casualties were mostly limited to stupid dwarves or simply unlucky ones. Nish was set to be free within the next season, as well.

I turned around, remembering Brisby's first gesture to me when I was appointed to be an overseer. I tore a sheet of paper out of my logbook, and slipped a note into Duchess PsychoAngel's dress while casually passing her. The note reads,
The canal near the power plant looks a little dry. All the same, Adil's murder has had no leads, and I fear that he may not be the last. Please do something about those. P.S. Also, I forgot to do something about that panda corpse near the foyer.

I resumed my place amongst my peers, about as happy as the rest of them.

Now if you don't excuse me, I think there's a table that's begging to have a party thrown around it.
--------------------------------------------

So ends the current reign of UltraMagnus the slow.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10005
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:06:39 pm by UltraMagnus »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2014, 10:18:28 pm »

it's like someone glued socks to the side of his head lol.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2014, 12:53:49 am »

it's like someone glued socks to the side of his head lol.
Judging by the amount of crap laying around, I don't doubt that.

Anyway, poking around in Dwarf Therapist revealed to me just who our vampire is. I'll give you all a hint, I fucked up and didn't catch him when he immigrated.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2014, 10:34:24 am »

Is Totnot missing his turn? It's been over a week.
()==[:::::::::::::>

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2014, 01:28:03 pm »

No idea, I PMed him, so we'll see
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2014, 11:05:28 pm »

In the meantime, how are we doing turn order?

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2014, 07:11:10 pm »

Like I said earlier, we could loop the turn order or roll for it. I guess I'll put up a poll.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »

I'm not taking a turn, but winter is coming, and with it exams and hollidays for many people. You'd save a lot of trouble by first asking ''Who can reasonably take a turn in the next weeks?'' and then starting the list with those.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2014, 12:19:44 am »

I'm not taking a turn, but winter is coming, and with it exams and hollidays for many people. You'd save a lot of trouble by first asking ''Who can reasonably take a turn in the next weeks?'' and then starting the list with those.

Realistically, that's a good idea. However, CarnageCrafts Roulette isn't out of the question (Copy the save file, then take the dwarves representing the overseers and lock them in a room with Nish. Let Nish go berserk or throw a tantrum. Turn order goes by the order that the dwarves die in).

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2014, 04:07:54 am »

Maybe now would be a good time to PM NCommander and see if he is available for a turn if Totnot isn't.

For the turn order I'm going to suggest: "Next person to take a turn is the first person to post saying they have the time and are ready."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:36:51 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2014, 04:47:16 pm »

Maybe now would be a good time to PM NCommander and see if he is available for a turn if Totnot isn't.

For the turn order I'm going to suggest: "Next person to take a turn is the first person to post saying they have the time and are ready."
Tonnot*

Also, I'm sorry about being absent from this! Shit's been going down at school and I haven't nearly had all the time I wanted to spend with my favorite lunatics.

I will post when I can take the turn (Which may be soon) but if anyone wants to go before me, they can.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2014, 07:01:13 pm »

Good to have you back anyway!
Hopefully it won't get too crazy on your end, eh?

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2014, 11:26:09 pm »

Good to have you back anyway!
Hopefully it won't get too crazy on your end, eh?
He said that he may be able to be skipped this round. Is NCommander ready?

Since we're waiting for more Carnagecrafts, I might as well include some information that I couldn't fit into the story for my time as overseerer. Consider this a filler episode until someone else bothers to post.
Spoilers are used appropriately, please don't click any of them yet unless you're confirmed to not be the next overseerer (it's more fun that way  :P).
--------
Epilogue - 121:
I can't be drunk right now. No, I don't say that with any moral restrictions, I mean this as I'm too busy focusing at my seemingly inane sketches at the side of my mug to bother picking it up to drink. Most dwarves would rather drink from the barrel, but they lack class.

Maybe it was the atmosphere, my office just brings back too many memories. Radical mechanical constructions, werelizard rampages, it was all a bit much. The year was great to me, but professionals (well, most professionals anyway, since dwarves are just full of exceptions) don't drink on the job, and this office feels a little white collar for me. Time to get my hands dusty and dirty again, but first a drink for nostalgia's sake.

He had a bit of charm to me as he sat on the throne beside me, not turned off by the way that I scarfed down boiled plump helmet stew. He glanced casually, and asked "care for a drink?" The male dwarf, with a smile on his face, slid some ale in a pint glass across the table towards me.
I turned my head towards the intrusion, with cheeks stuffed full of delicious veggie goodness and replied, "You're not drinking this. What's wrong with it?" The dwarf cocked his head playfully. "Nothing as far as I know, maybe a little ale would help... butter you up."
Bits of plump helmet plastered the table as I replied, "I like butter."

The dwarf took this as an opening to sit down, a bit reluctant to sit next to me, or within range of the plump helmet spray. Well, not like that was a problem after I swallowed the last mouthful of food in my bowl. Something seemed off about this setup. I asked him "why did you only bring one pint over here? You want to split it?"
The dwarf replied, "How romantic, but no. I'm still a bit tipsy from the last one I had."
I tried my hardest not to choke on a bit of plump helmet in the back of my throat. "Is there anything stopping you from getting a drink then?"
The dwarf replied, "Believe me, I really could use one."
With the conversation ending, the dwarf returned to meet with another dwarf waiting at the entrance of the dining hall. The two spoke, and I noticed them dart eyes back and forth towards me. The other dwarf looked like a mason from the guild. He probably wasn't one of... them... but he still assured me indirectly that the Mason's Guild all but confirmed my position as Overseer.
The two shortly afterwards decided to leave the dining hall, probably to head back to the workshops. I stood up as well, not bothering to pick up the empty cup on the floor. A cat was blissfully playing with it.

Thinking that it was perhaps time for another visit to see Nish, I heard a voice from the statues speak out to me.

Brisby smiled, taking the joke with a grain of salt and leaving to blend in with the crowds in the dining hall.
Nish was doing his usual jail routine. I stopped to glance within his cell.
Immediately afterwards I returned to my office to quickly scribble down on the last page of my logbook the name of our vampire. I closed the book and set it on top of a stack of cluttered files in my office and went to my bedroom. The clock was about to strike midnight, but without anyone to guard me I remained laying in my bed, with every creek outside of my door raising a biological alarm, and with each shadow case from under the doorway a skipped heartbeat. With the one that stopped outside my door, completely devoid of any noise from either inside or outside the room, I slowly started to list off my regrets in life in my mind.

I decided that it was within my plans to casually learn later how to wield an axe after the cow pushed through my doorway into my room. Oh great bovine guardian, please stand in front of my doorway while I close my eyes for a few hours...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:22:09 pm by UltraMagnus »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »

Guys.
I think it's time for NCommander to step in, considering Tonnot hasn't been around.
PM'n the guy now.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12