Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: The United Assembly OOC - Bureaucracy, Red Tape, Charters (8 Players Needed!)  (Read 10832 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Because it cannot be done. End of discussion.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Fine, but for the record I think it is a terrible gameplay decision that serve no real purpose.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duly noted and recorded in the United Assembly archives.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Although I do understand wanting to limit the overall number of thread: one thread per committe would fill FG&R.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly, I'm pleased by the idea of becoming FEF or ER sized. But I still think they aren't the best solution.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

It's a solution. Which is better than what we had previously; i.e., no solution.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's only if you consider there to be a problem to solve, which I don't.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I would prefer everything to be in one thread, just so long as everyone is clear on who they're addressing if there's more than one committee at a time.

My main reason for this is it's a heck of a lot easier to keep track of what's going on, who's supporting who (and over what) in one thread than to scour the forum for multiple threads of the different committees going on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

BTW, I'd like to give my opinion about the too fast vs. too slow thing here. I think the game is both too fast and too slow. We're getting one crisis a day (And if we're not supposed to deal with all of them, why have the press lambast us), while the assembly's proceeding are slowed down by all kind of rules, some of which remains (Such as the one mandating a new budget every week).

The worst offender in this respect is the one-committee-at-a-time rule, that we removed. It slows everything to a grind. Moreover, since the pressure to act is so great (and players not sitting on the committee understandably want the committee to move fast and add more pressure), the committe must rush through things, paradoxally making the within-committe game way too fast. Witness the way 10ebbor10 had to rush the votes on the proposals.
This perfectly describes the issue at hand.

Personally I think the best solution is to keep everything in one thread, and rather than try to run everything alongside one another, which I think would be far too complicated to keep track of, I think we should make each in-game day last longer than one IRL day, that is 24 hours. We're an internet forum and we're not fast enough to be able to keep up with these politics that apparently move at 2000 times the real word pace. A hurricane, a genocide, and an invasion.. In little more than a week?!

That's simply outrageous, it's clearly too much to deal with unless this was your intention, in which case I don't see what purpose it serves other than to make us feel helpless. :v
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:28:03 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, I'd like to give my opinion about the too fast vs. too slow thing here. I think the game is both too fast and too slow. We're getting one crisis a day (And if we're not supposed to deal with all of them, why have the press lambast us), while the assembly's proceeding are slowed down by all kind of rules, some of which remains (Such as the one mandating a new budget every week).

The worst offender in this respect is the one-committee-at-a-time rule, that we removed. It slows everything to a grind. Moreover, since the pressure to act is so great (and players not sitting on the committee understandably want the committee to move fast and add more pressure), the committe must rush through things, paradoxally making the within-committe game way too fast. Witness the way 10ebbor10 had to rush the votes on the proposals.
This perfectly describes the issue at hand.

Personally I think the best solution is to keep everything in one thread, and rather than try to run everything alongside one another, which I think would be far too complicated to keep track of, I think we should make each in-game day last longer than one IRL day, that is 24 hours. We're an internet forum and we're not fast enough to be able to keep up with these politics that apparently move at 2000 times the real word pace. A hurricane, a genocide, and an invasion.. In little more than a week?!

That's simply outrageous, it's clearly too much to deal with unless this was your intention, in which case I don't see what purpose it serves other than to make us feel helpless. :v
I guar-an-tee you, 100% absolutely no doubt no way no how, that in real life a genocide, a hurricane, and an invasion have all taken place at the same time in different places. How disconnected are you guys from real world politics and news?
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

He doesn't mean it doesn't happen, he means the chances of it all happening within the first month or so of the UA's existence is...unlikely.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The United Assembly does not drive the world, it reacts to the world. These events were building up long before the UA came into existence. How have I not made that perfectly clear by stating that they have been going on for months in the articles?

The news articles are not "these things exist now." They are "we're writing this story about something happening out there to bring your attention to it," you know, how news works.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

*sigh*

Come on, guys. Don't make this a silly argument.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Still, it's kinda silly to assume we're moving in real-time. We're a forum game, we're of course much slower. lIt's like the world is moving at a normal speed, while we're stuck in slow-motion.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Still, it's kinda silly to assume we're moving in real-time. We're a forum game, we're of course much slower. lIt's like the world is moving at a normal speed, while we're stuck in slow-motion.
This.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18