Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289876 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(( Looking at the poll, which we should probably change, are there even 17 players?))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile

((I count that many exactly on the front page if you include those crossed out.))

Omeganaut grabs a glass of water and gulps it down"Yeah, I'm good.  Should we start scouting our next move.  I'd wait to attack anything until the marines are done so we can have back-up."
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, like I said, we had been planning to go to the town. Do you wanna come?"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

During the conversation, Arcvasti slipped away into the wishing room.

"So you've decided then?"

**Yes. I wish for a book the length, height and thickness of the one I carry made of an indestructible solid-non-transparent material that will not harm me or my surroundings and will never decay or change material states, that clearly details, in a font and colour visible to my eyes and in a language I read, the complete reagents and steps of the ritual required to summon my Administrator.**

"Granted."

The magenta figure giggles a bit.

Arcvasti pats his pockets.

**So. Where is my book?**

"Ah. I'm not actually allowed to give out information on the Administrators. One of the few restrictions I am bound by."

**Understandable. Do I get another wish?**

"No. While I did not expend any of my power to do so, your wish has been granted and my responsibility technically fulfilled. You see, I wouldn't have NEEDED to use any power in any case. But please tell your comrades not to try that trick. THEY'D be eligible for a retry and I don't feel like explaining this however many times it takes."

***How is that even... Sigh. At least it didn't blow up in my face and kill me.***

"If it makes you feel any better, if I HAD been able to expend power to grant your wish and had needed to, I would have made it too heavy to lift and welded the pages together."

Arcvasti flips the genie thing the finger and slips back into the room to find space marines drinking syrup.

**Cabane à sucre?**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If it makes you feel any better, if I HAD been able to expend power to grant your wish and had needed to, I would have made it too heavy to lift and welded the pages together."

**Cabane à sucre?**
(Was thinking either something along those lines, or something really devious involving the elevator. Ah well.)

"Quoi?" HugoLuman's French was a little rusty. Something... of sugar? He wondered if it was some Canadian expression. "Oh Arc, did you just wish?"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**Its an in joke. Some of my friends, not here, ended up vomiting syrup because they had the brilliant idea of drinking syrup in shot glasses. And yes, I did make a wish. Apparently wishing for anything involving the Administrators is against the rules.**
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, it wasted your wish? That doesn't seem fair."

"Did you really think it would be that easy? You should consider yourself lucky. These language traps are an absolute slaughterhouse when human error is involved."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The swordsman lowered his voice as he stood before the group in front of a worn out mat. "Hmmmph, we shall see if you're still willing to seek exit from this world as your stay elongates. But first, before you learn proper technique, you must learn proper stance." The blademaster sheathed his saber to the side, and grabbed a cardboard tube. "Spread your legs outward, and attempt to avoid my blows." He gestured at Propman, who tried to stand in such a was as to bend his knee outward, cautiously holding out his dress sword. [15] [18-4 (improficient with weapon)] Propman banged the flat of his sword against the tube, but it slid and poked him in the chest. "Too inflexible; parrying is not about catching the foe's weapon, it is about deflecting the sword so that you might counter it. Again."

Propman reorganized his stance, this time placing his legs a bit closer to give himself a slightly larger center of gravity. [20] [18-4 (proficient with weapon)] the swordsman swiped his leg with the tube, causing the pirate to topple onto the floor.  "You were again focusing on trying to catch my blade; you did not notice that you left yourself open to an attack from the sides. Again!"

[9] [10-4] Propman spotted an opening in which he could thrust his blade. Jumping out of his boots, the pirate attempted a lunge, but stopped. The blademaster's tube came down on his head, knocking his hat off. "You hesitated! Do not give the enemy a chance to strike when you have the initiative!"

"But, sir, I didn't want to injure-"

"So long as I hold this tube in my hands, there is nothing you can do to injure me! Now, again!"

Propman was panting. Sweat beat down his brows as he focused, this time spreading his legs apart as he did earlier, but not so much as to hold him in place. He let fourth a deep breath. [3] [14-4] Propman saw the master swinging his blade and immediately leaped to the side, dodging it. [18] [9-4] He saw the master momentary raise his tube and prepared to dart, but instead of attempting to swing it he jabbed the pirate in the arm, causing him to drop his sword. "Better. You are unskilled, but you are not the worse example to have been brought to my training area, though you lack the fundamentals. Once more!"

[1] [10-4] The swordsman stood stoically, anticipating the mariner's next move. Propman took the initiative and made a brief swipe, prompting the bladesman to try and parry it. [7] [20-4] Instead, Propman cut off his swipe mid-swing and drove his blade into the master's gut, only stopped when the massive man reclined his tube into the blade's tip, catching it and leaving a hole inside of it. "A feint. The fact that you could catch onto my technique shows that you are capable of learning. Do not assume that wining a fencing match is equivalent to victory in a battle however, as your opponent would have had the opportunity to counter regardless on whether you pierced him. Many fencers today forget that!"

He shifted his glance at Kyle, his eyes glowing through the darkness of his box-helmet. "You. You shall be my next subject! I hope you were studding your friend."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:59:34 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle nods and get into position. It's notable that his stance is fairly good for a newbie. Otherwise he holds the sword two handed in front of him, it's tip points toward the swordmaster's head.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

[7] [2-4] Kyle stands still, ready to parry a blow with a stance similar to the swordsman before him. Unfortunately, there was more to sword fighting then standing still, and the master simply jumped to the side and bashed Kyle in the arms, causing him to nearly drop his sword as his arms recoiled into his sides. "That is the stance of a spear wielder; you are wielding a sword. Try again."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle rolls his eyes and decides to get into a more liquid stance putting his body diagonal to give the swordsman less room to strike him.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

[5] [12-4] Kyle fares much better this time, swinging to meet the swordsman's strike and deflecting it to the side, leaving him open to a counter attack. [7] [1-4] In attempting to follow up however, he manages to trip on the mat, falling onto the ground with a muffled clang as his helmet touched the floor. "That headwear of yours is effecting both your sense of balance and your field of vision. Again."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

So are we going to town now?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**Don't see any reason why not. Should we bring the marines? From what I gather, the town inhabitants don't like people without the armbands too much, so maybe not.**
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Lieutenant chimes in. "We will remain here. My troops badly need food, and this location seems easy to defend."

HugoLuman shrugs. "Guess that's that? Well, I'm eager to get rid of this curse before it triggers again. And I have no idea when that will be. I lost track while I was asleep, and I only get approximately a 10-minute warning."
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 427