Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289903 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2160 on: October 25, 2014, 04:59:40 pm »

Arcvasti follows Hugo. Maybe getting those cat ears wasn't such a good idea if it required nutrient exchange tentacles. Arcvasti pokes the dead werewolves.

**No idea which one's which. We could just bring ALL of them.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2161 on: October 25, 2014, 05:04:40 pm »

((Tier 1-3 assimilation have visable tentacles, once I get to the 4+, they're too small to see, as well as much faster~ The reason the ones in the corpses are larger and quicker moving is since I don't need to worry about internal damages, they straight up rip chunks out, break it down, and relocate it~))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 25, 2014, 05:23:11 pm »

HugoLuman supposed they could just bring all the bodies and try to identify them later, though the logistics of doing that, especially at night, seemed a bit daunting. He decided that his previous plan, of trying to find one of the others who arrived concurrently with him, would still be best, though he didn't really have a way to communicate that. Instead, he poked his head through the door into the Binding of Isaac room, to see if anything had changed.

It didn't look like it, but he could hear voices coming from the Spawn Room.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 25, 2014, 05:44:08 pm »

((Tier 1-3 assimilation have visable tentacles, once I get to the 4+, they're too small to see, as well as much faster~ The reason the ones in the corpses are larger and quicker moving is since I don't need to worry about internal damages, they straight up rip chunks out, break it down, and relocate it~))

(Don't make them too effective, though.  Arc's should always be better, due to his being a dedicated support class (right there in the name of his class).)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 25, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »

Omeganaut looks over at the other dude.  "In my opinion at least, if you get the chance to pick classes, every group needs a magic user.  By the way, I'm M... Omeganaut.  Now if only I could figure out this blasted device! While he is still too scared to hit the device, Omeganaut uses every other method to try to get it to function.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: October 25, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »

HugoLuman had crept across the room to listen at outside the door. It looked like there were two people inside, and though he hadn't heard "Omeganaut," before the other might still be someone he knew.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 25, 2014, 06:00:03 pm »

Arcvasti looked up from his contemplation of the werewolf corpses.

**Hugo? uHHHH, what are you doing.**
Spooky Signature

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 25, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »

((They're fairly crappy until tier 4+ there's 3 branches for flesh, 3 for mind, 3 for energy, and 3 for matter, each main tree goes up to T9 and each has at least one or two branchoff trees that go up to 9. Assimilation just makes it so I can apply other flesh branches to the body/repurpose material. Regen can be tier 1 and assimilation can be tier 9, would let me quickly assimilate a heavily injured person, but then since the regen is crap, I would be sitting around for hours or days if i didn't have material. Specially if it's a bone that's broken. Relocating material is the only way to quickly heal that with minimal energy costs. From my discussions with Hugo, it's mostly burns and necrosis, which is considerably easier to repair. Vital organs are mostly fine, no real bone damage, it's more a factor of removing the ded parts and putting healthy cells in the spots. If it was heavy bone damage, like maybe a shattered femur, it would be a rather hard thing to heal at T1 regen, would actually be easier get T1 fleshsculpting and take an intact femur from a dead cultist and swap out the shattered bone with that, obviously it would hurt a lot.))

((Assimilation specifically is a more combat oriented active once it gets to T5 and T6 or so, the larger tendrils are more for rending then assimilating, smaller ones are for assinilating, at T1, neither have the musclestrength to hold themselves aloft, although the larger ones naturally being faster makes them better for repurposing purposes then smaller, another to mention that they are how materials are transported. Smaller ones just deliver viral packages to assimilate.))

((Everything gets more energy efficient at higher tiers, right now I would run out of energy in about an hour and a half of normal regen on myself, barely enough to fix a mediumlarge laceration. Hence food is needed~))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 25, 2014, 06:05:10 pm »

(Ninja x4!)

(Decided to go through and see how our class fall into certain archetypes within group dynamics:

Members of Group 1
Arcvasti - White Mage
SentientBowtie - Rogue
HugoLuman - Fighter
Kevak - Red Mage
Prophet - Black Mage

Members of Group A (Group dynamic seems to comprise a modern set, so archetypes are as such)
Fniff - Engineer
McDonald - Heavy
GentlemanRaptor - Sniper
Cryxis - Scout

Members of Group Alpha
Caroline - Rogue
Lilium - White Mage

Solo Party Members
Kj1225 - Red Mage (with an Illusion specialization)
Propman - Rogue
Me - Assassin
BlitzDungeoneer - (Unknown)
Omeganaut - (Unknown))

-snip-

(That just reaffirms my Red Mage guess.  And as I said, yours is not dedicated to support.  Arc's is, so his would always be better at support roles, which includes healing.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:09:20 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:01 pm »

((Black Mage? Yes I i'm asking you to burden yourself with my need for answers. Please! *Bow down at Zetzankuken feet.*))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 25, 2014, 06:10:08 pm »

(2 lengthy ninjas! Also, McDonald is probably more Pyro)
(And a 3rd, not so long one!)
Arcvasti looked up from his contemplation of the werewolf corpses.

**Hugo? uHHHH, what are you doing.**
HugoLuman looks back across the room towards Arc, and nods his head towards the spawn room.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: October 25, 2014, 06:15:38 pm »

Arcvasti walks over to the door and opens it, ready to time travel to avoid a projectile. Upon seeing Omeganaut and BD, he calls out.

**Who are you? And what is the square root of 8836?**
Spooky Signature

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 25, 2014, 06:16:28 pm »

((Black Mage?))

(Classified you under that, as all your spells are the most combative of everyone in that group.

Interestingly, if Caroline and Lilium met up with Group A, they would fill the roles of Spy and Medic of that dynamic, and we would have 2 pretty balanced groups.  Would have a third if Blitz and Omega pick up roles analogous to White Mage (such as the Enchanter) and Black Mage (such as the Sorcerer), used the warp pads to go to KJ (though due to wards, the transport would take them outside of town), met up with Propman, and myself (after I exit the series of rooms I am heading through, whose exit will be within the Overworld).  With that, my role would shift to Rogue, and Propman's to fighter.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:18:19 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: October 25, 2014, 06:32:13 pm »

((Thank you for explaining.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 25, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »

((Can't wait for everyone else to go to sleep and I can finally advance my plans to become a pirate zombie ninja cyborg!))
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 427