Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Battleship Commander  (Read 43050 times)

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship Commander
« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2014, 05:45:02 pm »

With space yard, only LOX and H2O are shown in stat window, both being useless for now.
?
Well, on the stat window you can see 2 fuels. Here there is lox h2o and lh2, only the 2 first are shown while only the last is useful.

For warp engines in opposite direction: or allowing them to be rotated with an engine, slower than my first idea but still faster than a 180° of a station, but then it depends of how you think warp engines are supposed to work. If I sum up, only warp and shields are fictive in this game (or maybe real shields are possible in real life with a lot of power ?) ?

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2014, 12:15:40 pm »

With space yard, only LOX and H2O are shown in stat window, both being useless for now.
?
Well, on the stat window you can see 2 fuels. Here there is lox h2o and lh2, only the 2 first are shown while only the last is useful.
It shows the two fuel with most (mass) capacity. Remove or change the H2O tank.

For warp engines in opposite direction: or allowing them to be rotated with an engine, slower than my first idea but still faster than a 180° of a station, but then it depends of how you think warp engines are supposed to work. If I sum up, only warp and shields are fictive in this game (or maybe real shields are possible in real life with a lot of power ?) ?
With current knowledge of physic, shields are not possible.

I tried a shielded missile but the shield is too weak and cannot resist even a single laser hit.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2014, 08:19:20 pm »

Instead of an actual shield, I was more thinking about a very powerful magnetic field, thus invisible, which would highly slow down bullets and wouldn't be damaged or loss capacity when it receives more projectiles. In order not to use a very high amount of energy, it would activate only when an incoming projectile is detected. Even if this might be possible, it would still not be a circle around a ship.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2015, 03:07:46 pm »

Still working on it ? I would gladly play it again if you improve the interface on some points, like option to target enemy pd missiles, option to target enemy missiles if targeting ally ship, auto x cycle (and similar to "look at", "look 90°" to be ready to do that) etc.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2015, 06:27:47 pm »

Instead of an actual shield, I was more thinking about a very powerful magnetic field, thus invisible, which would highly slow down bullets and wouldn't be damaged or loss capacity when it receives more projectiles. In order not to use a very high amount of energy, it would activate only when an incoming projectile is detected. Even if this might be possible, it would still not be a circle around a ship.

Plasma based shields are currently in the development state...but that's about it

Also things like lead are not magnetic so a magnet based shield would be iffy at best

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2015, 01:22:37 pm »

Still working on it ? I would gladly play it again if you improve the interface on some points, like option to target enemy pd missiles, option to target enemy missiles if targeting ally ship, auto x cycle (and similar to "look at", "look 90°" to be ready to do that) etc.
I stopped working on it mid december but will resume work next week

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2015, 05:48:02 pm »

window_borders false doesn't work anymore ?

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2015, 04:22:25 am »

There is a bug. Only works the first time you start the game, then you have to modify the setting in ogre.cfg

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2015, 06:02:01 pm »

Lasers still autofire battery of missiles.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2015, 07:03:45 pm »

Laser target battery only if the missile does not have a warhead, like point defense missiles

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:32 pm »

Is there a way to ram one component instead of the whole ship ? I'm trying some kind of powerful trick: destroying the nuclear powerplant of the pirate station this way, then wait with another ship very far from here and a very long time, then salvage all ships except the pirate cruiser, then fight the weakened pirate cruiser with huge amount of easy money.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2015, 06:17:39 am »

Is there a way to ram one component instead of the whole ship?
In tactical window select the station and the powerplant and then assign the target to the missile launcher or press "shoot".

Note that unless the pirate station is totally destroyed, pirate ships will still spawn there when a pirate ship is defeated.

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2015, 06:46:55 am »

No, I don't want to shoot a missile, I want to do a suicidal attack with a speeder or even a gladiator.

And the pirate station, with time, would be deactivated: no nuclear powerplant left the batteries slowly reach 0%, when they do the station is deactivated.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2015, 07:54:02 am »

No, I don't want to shoot a missile, I want to do a suicidal attack with a speeder or even a gladiator.
There isn't a way to manually target a component.

And the pirate station, with time, would be deactivated: no nuclear powerplant left the batteries slowly reach 0%, when they do the station is deactivated.
Yes but the code only check if it still exists, does not checks the state of the station

rex4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2015, 08:00:54 am »

Yes but the code only check if it still exists, does not checks the state of the station

Okay. So then I would just have to fire at it many missiles until it explode I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18