Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104562 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: R3lcXUbvoK8
« Reply #780 on: March 17, 2015, 07:38:27 am »

Ok, I tried crafting the Advanced Solar Panel, which generates 4096 rf/t for free during daytime.

It takes...

282,040 bytes of ME memory.

13824 glass
10317 iron ingots
8192 redstone
4100 Lapis Lazuli
2732 coal
2081 lead ingots
87 Ferrous ingots
17 silver ingots
4 Enderium ingots

And to create a single Ultimate solar panel (32768 rf/t) you multiply the above by 8... so 80k iron!
*cringe*
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 17, 2015, 08:01:42 am »

Ok, I tried crafting the Advanced Solar Panel, which generates 4096 rf/t for free during daytime.

It takes...

282,040 bytes of ME memory.

13824 glass
10317 iron ingots
8192 redstone
4100 Lapis Lazuli
2732 coal
2081 lead ingots
87 Ferrous ingots
17 silver ingots
4 Enderium ingots

And to create a single Ultimate solar panel (32768 rf/t) you multiply the above by 8... so 80k iron!
*cringe*

Apparently it used to take 9x as many mats as that, according to Sky, they downgraded a lot of ingots to nuggets for the recipes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #782 on: March 17, 2015, 08:05:39 am »

That is correct. IIRC, before the most recent version, all of the recipes used ingots instead of nuggets. So yes, you would need 742824 iron ingots for an Ultimate one.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 17, 2015, 08:19:47 am »

That is correct. IIRC, before the most recent version, all of the recipes used ingots instead of nuggets. So yes, you would need 742824 iron ingots for an Ultimate one.

I always thought Minecraft recipes were supposed to be extremely simplified, stylised versions of real life recipes. I doubt you'd need 742824 ingots for a single industrial grade solar panel.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #784 on: March 17, 2015, 08:21:22 am »

It's not a single industrial grade solar panel though--it's actually 32768 square meters of solar panel compressed into one.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 17, 2015, 08:46:00 am »

It's not a single industrial grade solar panel though--it's actually 32768 square meters of solar panel compressed into one.

Hmm, okay, that makes it sound a bit more accurate then. Why use such a difficult to produce piece of machinery then? I know, free power during the day, but unless you're endgame already it's probably impossible to make.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #786 on: March 17, 2015, 08:50:11 am »

Some people just want actual free power, I guess, instead of virtually free power from yellorium etc.

I'm making an advanced solar panel to tide me over between turning the reactor off and switching it to steam-cooled.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 17, 2015, 12:03:00 pm »

Hmm, I haven't played any FTB packs for a long while, and most of the mods I used to play with have either been updated or gone the way of the dodo.  I'm torn between starting up a singleplayer world to test some of them out (particularly Mystcraft, as I think it's changed a fair bit) or joining you guys on the server.  I'm more of a solo player - wandering out into the wilderness etc.  Would me just bumbling around the edges of civilisation be weird?  :P

Actually, I might do both - a singleplayer world to start with to get the hang of the pack, and then maybe join the server once I've got a handle on it.   :)

Also, has anybody put together a server map?  I've been reading through the thread and it sounds like there's quite a lot already built up!
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 17, 2015, 12:13:09 pm »

Hmm, I haven't played any FTB packs for a long while, and most of the mods I used to play with have either been updated or gone the way of the dodo.  I'm torn between starting up a singleplayer world to test some of them out (particularly Mystcraft, as I think it's changed a fair bit) or joining you guys on the server.  I'm more of a solo player - wandering out into the wilderness etc.  Would me just bumbling around the edges of civilisation be weird?  :P

Actually, I might do both - a singleplayer world to start with to get the hang of the pack, and then maybe join the server once I've got a handle on it.   :)

Also, has anybody put together a server map?  I've been reading through the thread and it sounds like there's quite a lot already built up!
Just settle somewhere, maybe close enough to make a road or railway when you feel bored or wealthy enough.
And you can always chat with someone on the server even if you're in the middle of nowhere.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 17, 2015, 08:48:16 pm »

Welp, I joined.  I've started building a network of treehouses a little south of the docks, in the redwood forest.  Watch your step if you go up there without jetpacks etc - most of the pathways are constructed out of slabs, so sneaking won't stop you from going over the edge if you're a bit too zealous!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #790 on: March 18, 2015, 10:11:54 am »

It turns out that the chaos guardian is SO strong that Kilakan died 9000 meters away from it, because touching a cloud apparently instakills you and deletes the grave... RIP kilakan's gear

(The gravestone is 200 meters below 0, somehow)

Glitches suck.

Edit: In other news, Dragonbonia killed the Chaos Guardian after dying once! Apparently, the secret to killing it? Don't get hit. :v The Chaos Island didn't have any ore, surprisingly. But I got my stuff back and that's all that matters. \o/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:03:09 pm by Skyrunner »

Dragor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 18, 2015, 12:28:51 pm »

I've killed another and this one dropped the dust. In fact it drops everywhere on goes onto the clouds.
But still no ore on the island.
Are you sure there should be ore on it ?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #792 on: March 18, 2015, 01:01:24 pm »

I believe so. There is talk about people raiding chaos islands for their draconic ore. I'm not sure where I could find documentation on Draconic Evolution though, other than the in-game tablet.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 18, 2015, 01:23:22 pm »

Server seems to have done the crash that isn't a crash again.  i can see myself still 'on' the server apparently but I get timed out when connecting.
Nom nom nom

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 18, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »

Server seems to have done the crash that isn't a crash again.  i can see myself still 'on' the server apparently but I get timed out when connecting.

Likewise.  Mind you, I was dungeon delving at the time (found some mines underneath the Treehome) and I should really be grabbing some food, so a break isn't a totally bad thing.  :P

Edit: and it's back up, if a bit laggy.  Only one on at present.

Edit 2: and, several hours later, back down again, I assume for a reboot.  I had a look around the docks while I was on.  Tempted to move in there, actually - I like the layout, and the crevasse underneath makes mining easy!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:34:40 pm by jhxmt »

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 79