Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104530 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: R3lcXUbvoK8
« Reply #810 on: March 20, 2015, 09:37:52 am »

we aren't actually producing more power than we can use at the mountainhome, we just turn off quarry's and worlds to save everyone a little lag when not in use.  Trust me the power's gone into negitive -100krf/t a few times when I was messing around :P
Tesseracts would be the way to go though
Nom nom nom

Dragor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 20, 2015, 09:49:02 am »

That's why we need the biggest power plant ever !
Like a 50x50x50 Reactor and 50x50x50 Turbine.
Even without powerlines, we can always use several tesseract for the input and the output.
It would still be challenging and usefull.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #812 on: March 20, 2015, 09:53:39 am »

Turbines have a maximum size of 80 blades. My turbines are all 7x7x17 for that reason :/

The bottleneck in power production is how many turbines, not how big the reactor is. My reactor's running at half production because I don't have the time nor need to build another twleve turbines...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dragor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 20, 2015, 09:58:24 am »

That means you have 12 * 7*7*17 blocks for all your turbines ? Oo
So 9,996 blocks in total. This is huge !

But ok, that sucks that we can't make really big turbines.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 20, 2015, 11:18:55 am »

Same deal with mountainhome's power. Building turbines is a pain in the ass, and 3 turbines is mostly enough and ludicrite crafting is a bitch. The reactor they're running on hits the steam flow cap of 50k/t but it's only serving 6k/t.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 20, 2015, 10:22:07 pm »

I was on the server earlier tonight and... Dragonsomethingorother showed me to the harbor town district. I was wondering if there are building codes for the harbortown area, say what is or is not legal in constructing a personal home?

I'm also wondering if there's a map of the entire worldspace anywhere, so I can see what all is out there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #816 on: March 20, 2015, 10:40:21 pm »

There really isn't much of a code. Just extend the road and plop a home. The dock district (which has a bunch of warehouses) is mostly Xanting though, so I can't say anything about that.

As long as the home is roughly similar in footprint and height to other buildings it'll be fine. No 50x50 mosters of a house :P

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 20, 2015, 10:54:56 pm »

ah, alright then. I promise I wont go crazy on a house.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 30, 2015, 07:50:36 pm »

the server seems dead these days which is kinda sad. also it seems that the modpack has updated a lot but we are still on an older version

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 30, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »

I'd play more but my computer really can't handle all the shit in the pack, especially with all the stuff at the various bases.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #820 on: March 30, 2015, 09:06:23 pm »

In my case, I've done everything I was motivated to do and twice, too, counting TDT. My minecraft itch has been fully scratched for now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 30, 2015, 09:33:27 pm »

Yeah, I got a buncha TTKami stuff and basically went "oh now i'm kinda bored"

oh well.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 30, 2015, 09:46:03 pm »

Next server, it might be better to use a few mods at a time to avoid burnout. It would also let me people with slower computers be able to play.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dragor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 31, 2015, 07:35:37 am »

Or maybe use pack with predefined goals like those with HQM (Hardcore Quest Mode) and/or slower progression with packs with modified world gen or with GregTech enabled.

I already tried Regrowth, and it's cool. Quests so people know what to do next, and the worldgen make it difficult to survive : Only wasteland, no ores, no trees.
And no powerfull tech mods. The main mods are magic or nature based because the end-term goal is to regrowth the world.

Here are some other packs I didn't try yet :
Pathfinder : You begin in a spaceship with RF-Tools equipment and have to build your world with fex dimlets to gather food, materials and survive. Same start for everyone in SMP for the moment. Dev is working on it.
Ultimate Questpack : Normal survival (normal worldgen) with lot of quests. LOT of quests. Would be like the already setted server but with quests.
InfiTech : Normal pack but with GregTech, so plenty of recipes are harder to make (GregTech is really insane).
Blood N Bones : Hardcore pack with mobs everywhere, dying torches, smarter ennemies, modified worldgen (like redstone in nether only) and tornadoes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #824 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:02 am »

Personally Gregtech is the definition of unfun for me. I've tried Infitech 2 or something exactly once, and I tunneled 500 blocks using up like 20 stone picks and found zero veins of ore. :|

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 79