Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104558 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: aiwA0JrGfjA
« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2015, 11:56:28 pm »

So I've crashed the server twice now... Sorry peeps!  :o
I guess its time to figure out how to use curses and poppets from witchery now that we have someone to curse

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2015, 01:55:03 am »

The server is online, so it seems, but I can't connect...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2015, 09:37:33 am »

It shows Haobaijiu, Dragonbonia, and sandpuncher123 (me).  I can confirm that the server is lying about at least one of those.
The server continues to show the same three people while not connecting on time out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: R3lcXUbvoK8
« Reply #768 on: March 16, 2015, 12:50:51 pm »

I've updated the server to Infinity 1.2.1, maybe that helped.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2015, 02:07:24 pm »

Nope. I crashed the server. AGAIN. It's this very specific section of enderIO item conduit running from an ME interface to a ME chest which I'm trying to remove, and the server shits itself whenever I try to. Last time I was trying with a wrench, this time I used a pickaxe with the same server-seizing result.

I'm trying to remove the conduit so I can replace it with an ME cable. Next time, I'll just leave the bloody conduit and run the ME cable around it. Jeeeezus this is silly. At least between one of the crashes, the server registered me removing a conduit so the connection isn't functioning anymore.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 02:10:15 pm by Baijiu »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 16, 2015, 02:15:21 pm »

So the answer is to not connect enderio item conduit to ME systems?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2015, 02:37:05 pm »

It works all the time! I have NO idea what the problem could be. I'm thinking it's the ME chest, because they're weird pseudo-chests that can only accept items and can't output them.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 16, 2015, 03:02:00 pm »

The worst thing about all these server problems is that they aren't even crashes, they're just infinite loops or something, so I don't even get a log of what exactly went wrong. Server is back up, please practice dismantling your buggy ME setup on a singleplayer world first so the server won't crash again.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 16, 2015, 04:42:55 pm »

As a general note, the update to 1.2.1 made JourneyMap a little derpy, and will require some manual file moving to keep waypoints and map data.

FTBInfinity/minecraft/JourneyMap/data/mp , move contents from old server folder to new server folder.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 16, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »

Wouldn't it be possible to set up the server so it restarts every 3 or so hours, in case it crashes and Magma isn't around?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 16, 2015, 05:57:02 pm »

Wouldn't it be possible to set up the server so it restarts every 3 or so hours, in case it crashes and Magma isn't around?
It already restarts every 24 hours. I'll change it to every 12 hours.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 16, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »

12 hours is probably often enough, considering it does take a fair bit of time to reboot a modserver.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #777 on: March 16, 2015, 11:36:48 pm »

I don't know why, but someone removed all the resonant ender crafting recipes from my ME system (tesseract frames and buckets) and replaced them with a single resonant energy frame recipe..

Also, the reactor is going haywire because something's drawing 24000 rf/t and the PID is not set to be very stable. :/

edit: ok, fixed the 24000 power draw thing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:51:44 pm by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2015, 12:37:09 am »

To set the PID to stable, right click the "show advanced settings" whosit and click the minus on the proportional constant until it gets to ~0.1-0.2. You should probably also decrease the integral and derivative constants.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #779 on: March 17, 2015, 07:36:52 am »

Ok, I tried crafting the Advanced Solar Panel, which generates 4096 rf/t for free during daytime.

It takes...

282,040 bytes of ME memory.

13824 glass
10317 iron ingots
8192 redstone
4100 Lapis Lazuli
2732 coal
2081 lead ingots
87 Ferrous ingots
17 silver ingots
4 Enderium ingots

And to create a single Ultimate solar panel (32768 rf/t) you multiply the above by 8... so 80k iron!

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79