Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104564 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Please Insert Disk 2
« Reply #360 on: February 04, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »

That's hilariously bad coding if true.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 05, 2015, 09:08:30 am »

So some people changed their usernames, and some mods and blocks and items have issues with that. If there is anything you can't fix without admin powers (such as warded blocks or protected tesseracts or possibly ME security stations), just PM me and I'll do something about that.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 05, 2015, 03:30:11 pm »

did I just miss the countdown for the server restart, or did it crash?  I blame the magic beans if it did crash.

yea, looks like the server crashed, I had just picked up some magic beans and was trying to use them on the ground just before the crash
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:50:08 pm by bluejello »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 05, 2015, 07:09:10 pm »

did I just miss the countdown for the server restart, or did it crash?  I blame the magic beans if it did crash.

yea, looks like the server crashed, I had just picked up some magic beans and was trying to use them on the ground just before the crash
Er yeah, don't use magic beans. I crashed the server like that once too, I should have mentioned that.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 06, 2015, 02:17:05 am »

well, now I know,  still better than me crashing forsaken's server by flying over the void with certain boots equipped... that happened far too often before we figured out the cause.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #365 on: February 06, 2015, 04:02:43 am »

Speaking of flying, did I remember to give you a jetpack, Blue?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2015, 04:22:30 am »

Quote from: TDT 1.0.8 changelog
IndustrialCraft2

Changed Machine Block recipe to use Steel Ingots
pffft

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 06, 2015, 04:37:51 am »

Perhaps we should put the list of "off limits" items in the OP, like the Magic Beans and the carpenter machine.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 06, 2015, 08:25:33 am »

I don't know exactly what went wrong with that carpenter, but that was apparently an isolated incident, since many people have been using carpenters since then, and we didn't have any further incidents so far. Also there's no point writing a list now, because I'll update the server to the newest modpack version as soon as the changelog gets filled out, because then I can go around disarming things that might break in the update.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #369 on: February 06, 2015, 09:11:31 am »

I wonder how the modpack maker put Binnie's Mods and Forestry 3.4.0 together without having a crash. My personal modpack didn't let me do that :(

Also: Apparently wither farming is very easy. I killed 15 withers in no time at all...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 06, 2015, 10:40:16 am »

Speaking of flying, did I remember to give you a jetpack, Blue?

No, I never did receive my jetpack.  manged to do the hydra through to the ice queen without it though.

and at least 1.0.8 has the thaumcraft research sharing enabled

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2015, 10:45:31 am »

TDT 1.0.9 changelog: made sticks use enderium instead of wood planks

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2015, 10:59:08 am »

Planks now require an axe to make, which has its durability used a la IC2 forge hammer.

The chicken-and-egg problem of not having an axe to make an axe can be solved by getting one from dungeon loot :V

Wait, even better! Make recipes use blocks instead of ingots!

bluejello: I have a jetpack ready, take it out of my ME system at a ME Terminal somewhere on either floors 3 Or 4. The terminal on the roof isn't connected to the main ME network, it's for bee storage only :P

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 06, 2015, 06:18:24 pm »

guess it is time to climb the mountain and glide over :P  either that or pillar and I am too lazy to pillar

I got it
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:06:45 pm by bluejello »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 06, 2015, 08:48:43 pm »

Planks now require an axe to make, which has its durability used a la IC2 forge hammer.

The chicken-and-egg problem of not having an axe to make an axe can be solved by getting one from dungeon loot :V

Wait, even better! Make recipes use blocks instead of ingots!
"All crafting recipes have been disabled. All items in dungeon chests replaced with mining turtles."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 79