Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104546 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Please Insert Disk 2
« Reply #390 on: February 11, 2015, 02:58:55 am »

You need an obsidian stick and an iron ingot iirc.

[][ingot]
[Obs stick][]

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 11, 2015, 03:09:24 am »

YES. THANK YOU.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 11, 2015, 04:01:26 am »

Holy moly the crucible works fast. I've used up many stacks of netherrack already, and have nearly a full drum's worth of lava in only a few hours. Considering the only bottlenecks on production is netherrack supply (which is extremely plentiful and very quick to mine) and storage, I think I will have enough lava for anyone's storage needs (and will be able to export 256,000mB drums of it on request eventually).

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:11 am »

Server appears to be having problems, me, Skyrunner, and likely a few others keep timing out. If it was just me, I'd put it down to my connection, but multiple people indicate something else. Anyone know what's up?

Update: Whatever it is, it seems to happen whenever me and sky are on at the same time. WTF?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:55:55 am by TwilightWalker »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #394 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:20 am »

Still 1.0.7. Why not select the 1.0.7 version in the launcher and log in?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 11, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »

Yeah, but 1.0.8 has even more recipe bullshit.

Fake edit: Actually, all of that should be in a config, right? Couldn't we just revert it to normal recipes?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 11, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »

Yeah, but 1.0.8 has even more recipe bullshit.

Fake edit: Actually, all of that should be in a config, right? Couldn't we just revert it to normal recipes?
Wait-wait-wait WHAT?! What did they do?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:40:01 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 11, 2015, 02:39:33 pm »

As far as i can tell they only changed two things, and updated a lot of things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:01 pm »

Server is down for being updated.
E: Server back up. Now with TDT 1.0.8 and ComputerCraft safe mode off.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:25:40 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 11, 2015, 05:44:22 pm »

I don't like "the recipe bullshit" either. In order to make machines for Thermal Expansion, you need a machine frame, which needs steel. Which needs a blast furnace, which needs coke ovens. Not to mention leadstone energy cells requiring batboxes(???) and metal gears needing five 5 bars of metal >_<

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2015, 05:48:31 pm »

You can also use refined iron for steel, which you can make with an induction furnace, which you can probably just ask someone for.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 11, 2015, 08:42:34 pm »

I don't like "the recipe bullshit" either. In order to make machines for Thermal Expansion, you need a machine frame, which needs steel. Which needs a blast furnace, which needs coke ovens. Not to mention leadstone energy cells requiring batboxes(???) and metal gears needing five 5 bars of metal >_<

And they don't always either! For example, Tin Gears are four tin plates around an iron ingot, but certain other gears are upgrades from stone? consistency, jeez.

In other news, I'm all of a sudden getting connection refused due to mod load order. I haven't changed a thing - is the server still on 1.0.7 of Dark Trilogy?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:20:16 pm by Reudh »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #402 on: February 11, 2015, 09:31:02 pm »

,1.0.8 buddy. :P

I am personally ok with the steel change. It makes getting steel an accomplishment! And once you bootstrap yourself an induction smelter there's no steel worries anymore, unlike Agrarian Skies where your only steel source is the High Oven.

I am always willingto provide Tech Starter Kits (a generator, induction furnace, and pulverizer), Fluxed Jetplates (recharged at Sky Tower), and other misc items you may be too lazy to get on your own (batboxes, plastic sheets, MFE/MFSU, certain item drops, nether quartz, ores...).

Reudh: the difference is Thermal Expansion gears are iron plus either ingots or plates (plates when Ic2 has the metal), while Forestry gears come from Basic Gears (sticks and stones...), and Buildcraft gears come from wood/stone and keep getting upgrades.

mcfry: what's safe mode?

edit: Wow, yellorium bees got nerfed. Instead of the normal 0.8% chance of a yellorium dust, now you only get 1/4th of a yellorium dust. This quarters my yellorium production :( Also, I keep seeing "death.attack.mfr.grinder".
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:51:40 pm by Skyrunner »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 11, 2015, 10:23:14 pm »

Alternatively, just steal everything you need from Sky's place, it works really well, and its how I get all my stuff. :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2015, 03:24:31 am »

I now have enough storage to fill a drum full of lava provided my tanks are full (which they are not, as I have run out of the frankly huge amount of netherrack i dug up a few hours ago). So if any of you folks need fuel for your smelters, you only need to ask.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79