Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62

Author Topic: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread  (Read 65194 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Name of Revenge [3.5 DnD Evil Campaign] IC Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2014, 07:58:55 pm »

Much teasing was had at the expense of Ganron that day. Roughly eight hours later it was approaching night. Having decided that speed was key in this day the two commoners gave everyone a brief instruction on how to guide the raft while others were asleep. Whoever was at watch could easily pull this off and have enough time for nefarious purposes. The two commoners went to sleep before everyone else however. This left six south of neutral individuals unattended on the raft. Only one needed to keep the raft going throughout the night.

From the way Arsolf explained it, a raft could travel about four and a half miles on this river as its current was slightly faster than average. So long as somebody kept an eye on the boat the group could travel an additional 36 miles on top of the 36 already traveled. This would put the group at only 34 mile walk. Thus a week long journey could be cut into a two plus some day journey.

Still, that was for the morrow. For now, the commoners were asleep and the group was not.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »

Harmony stretched as she stood by the steerpole of the raft.

"Ah, I told you the stars were clearest at moonrise. Now, I've claimed a nice first watch so I don't have to bother with getting up twice. Who wants second?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2014, 08:07:58 pm »

"I'll take second."

"But I'm going to stay awake until then. I have some work to do."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2014, 08:10:36 pm »

"Oh? I hope you're not trying anything nefarious on our esteemed hosts. Twould be very rude of you."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2014, 08:20:53 pm »

"I will take whatever is last watch. I wish to rise early, tomorrow. If this craft was not so blasted small, I would train."

Dereth settled down, crossing his legs and leaving his Rapier laid across his lap, as he shut his eyes and...well...he'd called it 'meditating', when asked, before the collapse.

"Ah, yes, and I believe it would be wise to develop a system of hand-signals so we might operate discreetly and without fear of eavesdroppers even in the midst of outsiders."

As the two women in the group began to bicker, he sighed, brow creasing.

"I can understand if neither of you can stand the other, but if you were able to refrain from slitting each other's throats, and, more important to my mental well-being, from arguing incessantly about minutiae neither of you would actually care about were it not that the other was doing it, I would be extraordinarily grateful."

This was, to put it bluntly, the swordsman's way of saying 'shut up, already'. It rarely worked, but he always felt compelled to put in the attempt, at least. And now that they weren't paying him anymore, he didn't have to be as polite as he once was. Or faux-polite, at least. The fact that he hadn't changed much in that respect said something about his character, probably.

Either that, or he just didn't want to piss off a psychotic faery and a mind-enslaving sorceress any more than was absolutely necessary.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »

Riki sits down next to Dereth.
   "Hm, magic users I tell ya'; always mysterious."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2014, 08:45:50 pm »

"Oh? I hope you're not trying anything nefarious on our esteemed hosts. Twould be very rude of you."
"What? Of course not."

"I just want to, um, enjoy the night."

"I'm also not all that comfortable with sleeping on a heavily confined boat for a long period of time."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2014, 08:47:41 pm »

"Ah, the joys of flight. As long as you're awake, I think I'll take a walk of my own."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2014, 08:48:06 pm »

The swordsage snorts quietly, eyes still closed.

"That is one way to put it. I've found them to be predictable, a great deal of the time, if no less difficult to deal with. The mysteries of their art to us are no more perplexing to us than the intrigues of ours to them, I am sure."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:52:10 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2014, 08:51:28 pm »

"Now that be true. But even shooting a bolt at someone can involve some critical thinking - you gotta' account for wind speed, drag, the mass of your bolt, all of that complicated stuff. The only thing I'd like to use magic for is to brew me some poison."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »

"I don't sleep. We've been working together for years. I shouldn't need to remind you of this."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2014, 08:57:55 pm »

"I've never been all that good with a bow. I prefer motion to the perfect stillness required for a proper shot to be fired." Which wasn't untrue, but it wasn't the entire truth; the swordsman's hands shook terribly whenever he tried to aim a crossbow, and bows seemed to enjoy aiming the arrows he fired at his own feet. In fact, none of the party can remember a time in which he had ever actually used a ranged weapon that wasn't thrown...save one. But that secret was kept between them, at least thus far. A weakness which may prove fatal, should the party split...

"Have you ever considered dagger-work, Rikki? I would be glad to teach you, and it is rarely a bad idea to incorporate versatility into one's arsenal. I would appreciate the extra sparring partner, as well."

In response to the Necropolitan, Dereth raised his voice slightly to be heard.

"Ah, but you can't you at least do us the respect of helping us maintain the illusion of being able to guard against you?" The question was asked in a joking manner, and was part of the banter that Dereth exchanged with very few people. Bill was, strangely enough, one of the few the swordsman trusted.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:00:30 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2014, 08:59:50 pm »

"My muscles are too flimsy for daggers, but... eh, why not? Need to learn how to defend myself when I can't use a crossbow, after all."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

Harmony flits off into the trees, humming idly.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2014, 09:09:01 pm »

As Harmony goes into the trees she notices that osme of them are less dead than earlier trees. It appears the group is outside of, or at the border of, the Blightlands.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62