Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 295

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 429611 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #2130 on: July 26, 2017, 04:18:26 pm »

"I'm not saying Jews are lizard-people, but you do the math."
"wait....what are you actually saying here?"
"Look, you don't want to have this conversation."
That's not how this works. You don't get to say something which is somewhat inflammatory and unfounded, then beg out in the interest of harmony when called on it.

Do you want this conversation?
Which one, BLM or Jewzards? (Although now I'm wondering if the latter is Jew-lizards or Jew-WIZARDS...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 26, 2017, 04:20:15 pm »

The Jew Lizards is a VERY fascinating conversation given it actually has a history involving a man who said a lot of... interesting things in his lifetime.

The BLMs is a blackhole of unpleasantness!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 26, 2017, 04:35:31 pm »

The BLMs is a blackhole of unpleasantness!
THATS RACIST

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 26, 2017, 04:42:00 pm »

Luckily police are abusing power like mad. So it shouldn't be too long until an aside overtakes this conversation.

Come on!!! In fact... maybe GOOGLE GOOO!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/siu-charges-toronto-police-officer-1.4209353

Yes I remembered this story! though I swear someone died in this case.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 19, 2017, 07:08:59 am »

Posting too watch.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: September 01, 2017, 05:55:39 pm »

Crossposting some related stuff from the Americana thread:
So, some random internet person, (so take with as much salt as necessary), pointed out that illegally drawn blood is only inadmissible in a criminal case. In a civil case, such as one the truck driver might have against the police department for driving a high speed chase suspect into his truck, blood drawn could be admissible, and might help defend the police department if the truck driver was found to have had drugs or alcohol in his system.

So... it goes deeper. They know they screwed up on the chase, and are grasping at straws so hard that they're willing to push around innocent nurses to try to cover their own butts.

Assuming random internet people are to be trusted with regards to law matters. (They frequently aren't, but occasionally you'll get someone who knows what they're talking about.) Someone feel free to correct me and I'll be willing strike this post from the record. :P

Cornel U. weighs on on the Exclusionary Rule.

Yup, turns out the fruit of the poisonous tree is good eating at civil cases. Moreover, Qualified Immunity might even make an appearance, as the detective might assert that he felt his actions were reasonable and justified, and the thin blue line might form ranks. (never mind that this is indeed first rate gestapo crap.)

It's partially the whole "They have better guns and equipment, we need better guns and equipment" cycle.

Like I quipped earlier, This is shit straight out of Dominion Tank Police-- it's the damn setup for the opening act!!

One solution would be to have the police be of a culture that they are not separate from the people as a distinct warrior class unto their own; but as a member of the citizenry, whose authority derives from the citizens' trust. Looking into it further, this seems to be done by few in the US, but some are moving in that direction.

Of course this is at odds with most US police, and with US police getting bigger armour and guns, it's harder to have a hammer and not see nails everywhere
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:57:41 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: September 01, 2017, 06:09:08 pm »

Yeah but how likely are they the change just because people are outraged? I'm willing to bet that they Will ignore the publics feelings until actual writer, and then they will blame  the public for acting that way.

I hope I am completely wrong though.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: September 01, 2017, 11:04:22 pm »

Just feel like sharing some classy police behavior today.
I did see that Officer Douchenozzle is on 'administrative leave' now, pending investigation.
Dude needs to be in the unemployment line pronto, if not the orange jumpsuit line.

Though I can't shake the feeling that if the nurse had been black, she wouldn't have so many backers. People would have blamed the incident on her "attitude" and/or suggested she was covering for someone.  ::)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: September 01, 2017, 11:20:29 pm »

What a fascinating theory that nobody is going to call you out on.
If they did, you'd have to try and support it, and would eventually get banned as you got angry from being ganged up on.  But have at it, boss.  You're fine.

For my part, this is an actual case of abusive policing.  As someone who advocates for the devils, apparently, this is just wrong.  I'm glad the officer is on administrative leave now - last I heard he was still serving, just without his gun and badge.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 01, 2017, 11:27:04 pm »

Obviously, I can't prove it. But I've seen enough disparity in how people respond to conflicts with law enforcement to know that people just seem to try a lot harder to find justifications when the non-cop isn't white.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: September 01, 2017, 11:34:19 pm »

Seriously.  I'd hope Redking wouldn't get ganged up on that point.  It's not just random people, either.  The media actively engages in that narrative gap, too.  Remember when that white australian woman was shot by police not too long ago?  And she was labeled the most innocent victim of police brutality ever?  It's not like we just make this shit up out of some innate desire to say dramatic stuff about race and police.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »

Not entirely.  But by overstating the issue, especially when it's unrelated, you undermine the truth.  For points.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: September 01, 2017, 11:43:28 pm »

Anything less than "police are rounding up brown people in concentration camps" pretty much can't be an overstatement, with the condition of police brutality in the US these days. And you could even argue that statement is true with the activities of ICE putting both citizens and noncitizens who are Hispanic in extended holding facilities without trial.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: September 01, 2017, 11:46:37 pm »

The actions of that accurately-villified person, towards a completely different ethnic group, justify making up conjecture about the plight of black people.

What can I say?  Without getting banned, I mean.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 295