Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 295

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 429564 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #2115 on: July 26, 2017, 12:43:33 am »

Except you're assuming what their narrative is ("anti-white"), and then inferring what they're doing from your assumption rather than... Look at what they're actuall doing?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 26, 2017, 12:48:11 am »

Except you're assuming what their narrative is ("anti-white"), and then inferring what they're doing from your assumption rather than... Look at what they're actuall doing?

Their narrative isn't Anti-White or Anti-Police. (Though it could be argued)

At least not to my knowledge.

Then again... I should recheck. Maybe I am wrong and they are an incredibly racist group that uses the social justice umbrella of protection.

and then inferring what they're doing from your assumption rather than... Look at what they're actually doing?

That what they say and what they do has a connection to what they will do in the future? Scandalous.

I am saying that NO group suddenly changes their MO. It is only surprising if you look away. Even if it seems like, on the surface, that they are acting contrary to their philosophy they are still acting in accordance with it.

You cannot take a groups "Front" as its identity.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:01:21 am by Neonivek »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 26, 2017, 01:00:21 am »

BLMs, for example, are less "Pro-Black" and more "Anti-White/Anti-Cop" with a "Pro-Black" narrative (There is a rather sizable disconnect between their rhetoric and their actions as well)

The REASON they have to be silent is because they are playing into their narrative. The reason they might have to "reverse it" is as damage control.

Their narrative isn't Anti-White or Anti-Police. (Though it could be argued)

At least not to my knowledge.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 26, 2017, 01:01:46 am »

Yeah, no contradiction there.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 26, 2017, 01:02:09 am »

Neonivek.  I know it's kind of a Bay12 meme at this point.  But I think this is the first time I've ever said it.  You're being really confusing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 26, 2017, 01:03:26 am »

Neonivek.  I know it's kind of a Bay12 meme at this point.  But I think this is the first time I've ever said it.  You're being really confusing.

The problem is that I should have just used PETA instead of BLM so I don't fishhook anything while dragging my point across the bottom of the water.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 26, 2017, 01:17:51 am »

Hold on, hold on, I know this one.

Neon, if I asked you if your counterpart if he was trapped in a quantum-uncertainty state with you, what would he say?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 26, 2017, 01:20:00 am »

Hold on, hold on, I know this one.

Neon, if I asked you if your counterpart if he was trapped in a quantum-uncertainty state with you, what would he say?

He would say nothing and everything.

I believe that is the correct answer. Because you don't know if he said something or anything you must assume he said both nothing and everything possible to say.

---

Though I do seriously wonder why the cop just shot the woman. Loose trigger finger or outright murder?

Assuming though that nothing else happened of course and the story is as straight as they are saying.

*Reads article*

Well seems like no one knows, the police say they were startled and their cameras were off at the time (Which is always SUPER suspicious... Now THAT is something I want an explanation on. Not as bad as when they turned off the cameras to a cell and then the person inside it died.)

All the while the protests have reached levels of irrationality.

HOWEVER! Nothing in the article suggests that people aren't allowed to defend the police officers, defend the woman's actions, doubt the innocence of the police, or doubt/protest the actions of the woman.

Edit: Deleted local news story... Confuses what I am trying to say.

---
---

I wonder how reasonable or possible it is to keep Police Cameras on for the entire time they are on duty. Body Cameras I highly doubt it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:53:42 am by Neonivek »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 26, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »

Are you *trying* to say that their narrative isn't anti-cop/white but that the groups *actions* ARE anti-cop/white?

cuz either way, SalmonGod mentioned *actions* of them that went against that, and you ignored him. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 26, 2017, 03:50:51 pm »

I wonder how reasonable or possible it is to keep Police Cameras on for the entire time they are on duty. Body Cameras I highly doubt it.
Fairly? Pretty sure, anyway. Recording tech and video storage has come a pretty long ways, and a shift's worth of uninterrupted recording on a device the size of a body cam ain't that much of an issue nowadays.

Biggest concern's mostly longer term storage (HD space, etc.) so far as I'm aware, and the concern isn't actually that big. Stuff's pretty cheap at this point.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 26, 2017, 03:57:11 pm »

I don't get this. No one wants this conversation, yet they keep begging it even when I try to bow out... and will probably go "Damn it Neonivek!" if I did take the bait.

Do you REALLY REALLY want this conversation Descan? DO YOU!?!

Fairly? Pretty sure, anyway. Recording tech and video storage has come a pretty long ways, and a shift's worth of uninterrupted recording on a device the size of a body cam ain't that much of an issue nowadays.

Biggest concern's mostly longer term storage (HD space, etc.) so far as I'm aware, and the concern isn't actually that big. Stuff's pretty cheap at this point.

Well that and it is another step a police officer would need to add to their daily routine.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 26, 2017, 04:02:38 pm »

I... don't think the burden of putting on and turning on a body cam at the start of a shift, and then handing it in when you clock out, or somethin' along those lines, would be what you'd call particularly substantial.

Hell, persistent recording would probably be even reduce steps in their daily routine for many, since they would no longer have reason concern themselves with turning the thing on or off over the course of a shift.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 26, 2017, 04:05:24 pm »

"I'm not saying Jews are lizard-people, but you do the math."

"wait....what are you actually saying here?"

"Look, you don't want to have this conversation."

???

That's not how this works. You don't get to say something which is somewhat inflammatory and unfounded, then beg out in the interest of harmony when called on it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 26, 2017, 04:08:46 pm »

Hell, persistent recording would probably be even reduce steps in their daily routine for many, since they would no longer have reason concern themselves with turning the thing on or off over the course of a shift.

I'm honestly not sure why they introduced body cams at all if they weren't going to make having them on at all times be mandatory. The whole point is to catch police misconduct, if they can just turn it off how the hell is it supposed to do anything. An officer turning off their bodycam should by itself be a red flag for the people who're supposed to provide oversight on the police.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 26, 2017, 04:16:22 pm »

That's not how this works. You don't get to say something which is somewhat inflammatory and unfounded, then beg out in the interest of harmony when called on it.

Do you want this conversation? Because this is more accurately what happened

"On second thought, nevermind isn't important and I don't want to be drawn into this"
"NO! Why do you say that?"
"You don't get to bow out! Even though you are completely right and I don't want to have this conversation!"
"Look, if I actually have this conversation your gonna blame me"
"Yeah because it is your fault"
"I am trying to leave! The original statement isn't even important"
"NOOOO!"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:18:59 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 295