Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 295

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 428555 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2014, 04:34:44 pm »

I think it's possible that he didn't murder him, and that the whole scenario is the result of a police department fumbling an attempt to protect one of its own who didn't actually need it, out of sheer reflex due to the number of cases where bona fide examples of abuse have occurred. It's possible, and that's why I think it absolutely needed to go to trial. Because, as it stands, I will never have an opportunity to be convinced - the government's handling of this has, on all levels, reeked of thoughtless ass-covering, and the refusal to proceed with trial is just one more part of it.
Wot he gone done said.
Thirded and sealed. Improbable but possible; needed a proper trial.
I can't into words myself, so fourthed (fourted? fourded? whatever-ed).
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »

I think it's possible that he didn't murder him, and that the whole scenario is the result of a police department fumbling an attempt to protect one of its own who didn't actually need it, out of sheer reflex due to the number of cases where bona fide examples of abuse have occurred. It's possible, and that's why I think it absolutely needed to go to trial. Because, as it stands, I will never have an opportunity to be convinced - the government's handling of this has, on all levels, reeked of thoughtless ass-covering, and the refusal to proceed with trial is just one more part of it.
Wot he gone done said.
Thirded and sealed. Improbable but possible; needed a proper trial.
I can't into words myself, so fourthed (fourted? fourded? whatever-ed).
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2014, 05:21:44 pm »

Ok then, time to act. Everyone (me inculded) agree that you need more police acountability, better funding, less military bullshit, and more schools.

Get to work!

First you need scheduled local meetings to discuss the issues, then a plan of action based on some sort of leverage (ranking of politicians, donations...). Don't rely on the parties, create single interest groups. Don't take one leader and don't take them seriously, they are mostly megaphones or peoples with an intereting point of views. Allow everyone to have its own oppinion and agree to disagree. Don't narrow the scope too much but don't feature creep.  Go go go.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2014, 06:05:52 pm »

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2014, 07:33:26 pm »

Cat heartache.

But yes, as much as I have concluded that Wilson is a murderer I do agree with Bauglir.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2014, 07:37:05 pm »

So..... I dunno, compare to other legal systems and the trust of them and see how to better ours? Then again, legal systems in Europe have had over a millenia to sort themselves out.

Also, CNN has said that there are rather blatant mistakes in the investigation, there were no pictures taken because the camera ran out of battery power and the examiner forgot to take measurements.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2014, 07:44:33 pm »

The Tamir Rice video was released.. I don't suggest watching it if you're faint of heart, honestly. They straight up executed this kid... Then the murderer says the kid looked like he was "About 20." The video doesn't match with the initial police reports, where they say the murderer of the kid asked him to show his hands three times, then the kid reached and grabbed the gun and pointed it in the air, and then they had to shoot him.

In this; police car enters at :18. Officer exits passenger door around :20. Kid is shot in the stomach at ~:21. There was no possible way they gave the kid a chance to surrender or even make him aware he was in trouble.. Then they watched him bleed out.. No-one issued aid to him until an FBI agent arrived 4 minutes later. :/

Should we make a police brutality topic or just keep it here?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:51:13 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »

... this actually is the police brutality (among other things) thread, so I imagine you're in the right place.

Only question regarding that Rice situation is how the cops are going to get away with overt murder this time, really.

E: I mean, really, it's almost sort of morbidly interesting waiting to find out what spin the police are going to put on straight up gunning down a twelve year old on a playground.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:56:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2014, 07:53:09 pm »

This IS the police brutality topic.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »

I was under the impression this was more about the Brown situation :x But it should be kept in one spot. No need for a new topic for all these [tragically common] incidents. I'm seething over the Rice situation..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2014, 08:01:01 pm »

The tamir rice one is the one with the fake gun right?

Not going to watch it right now because I'm using iPhone and going to be with family soon.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »

Yeah.. the police pulled right up to him [about.. maybe 10 feet away in the middle of a park, they had to get in there via grass, the kid was in a gazeebo] and the cop on the passenger side exited while at the same time shooting the kid in the stomach. It looks like one motion. The door is opening and as soon as he had an angle he shot the kid. By the time the cop was entirely out of the vehicle the kid was already on the ground. There was no opportunity for "Get your hands in the air!"x3. No time for the kid to even know he was about to get murdered by police*, let alone be able to react in the way that he wasn't told to..

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

They definitely didn't follow procedure, and were hellbent on killing someone. Ends up it was a little fucking kid that they immediately start making excuses about. Looks "about 20" according to the officer who just shot him and ran behind the police car to watch him bleed out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:09:58 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2014, 08:12:28 pm »

E: I mean, really, it's almost sort of morbidly interesting waiting to find out what spin the police are going to put on straight up gunning down a twelve year old on a playground.

Don't worry, they were already trying really hard to blame the black kid for being murdered.

No, like, really really hard.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:15:28 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2014, 08:19:07 pm »

So..... I dunno, compare to other legal systems and the trust of them and see how to better ours? Then again, legal systems in Europe have had over a millenia to sort themselves out.
American legal system didn't start in a vacuum, it was basically English law. So it had the same millennium to be sorted out.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 295