Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798663 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #960 on: January 30, 2015, 02:57:46 pm »

Clicking that does nothing, not even a sound.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 30, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »

Might be a bug. I've never tried to move units down the ranks, only up.

If their name is yellow it means they can be promoted. You could try promoting them out of first company to somewhere else, instead of transfer.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 30, 2015, 03:04:30 pm »

Don't you have to enable marine transfer in the settings?

Is there any way to blow up an awakened Necron Tomb? I can handle their ground forces if I send enough troops, but that's too much to be sneaky enough.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06:07 pm »

Orbitally bombard the planet? I doubt that will do it though, it'll probably just cling to the debris like a limpet.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 30, 2015, 03:09:28 pm »

Sorry Adwarf, I think you have misunderstood. I was describing games with necromunda style features -- not a direct digitiziation of necromunda its self, nor even necessarily a game set in the necromunda underhive nor even the 40K universe at all.

Those things would be bonuses though, for sure.  Yes, the new Mordheim thing looks pretty close, I'll have to get with propagating those guys geneseed

In any event, to the topic:  new version of Chapter Master:

Bugs:

Started a new game.  Fleet based, per usual.  This time, I selected to not have them loaded on ships initially.

- Started out in a system with two planets.  Recruiting world was the correct type (forge) but the name was wrong -- used one of the generic world names, Ando II in this case.

- Both worlds in the system were infested with Orks!

- On attacking the orks on my homeworld, it did not announce my forces and I was immediatly defeated with no casualties

- When loading my chapter up into the ships, it would occasionally not display the list of ships to load marines into.  I could get around this by finagling back and forth between menus, or by selecting a single marine to load and then going back to selecting groups

Good news:

- After loading into ships, I was able to raid properly

- The new Attack and Raid screens are GREAT improvements!

- Psyker powers are now working for me, thanks for the fix

- The Attack and Raid buttons are still missing on the first turn after loading a saved game

Odd:

- couldn't figure out how to sit on my throne like an egoist (requires a homeworld?) but I did manage to incarcerate and execute my chapter master.

Awesome Discovery:

- You can actually SELECT BY SQUADS by clicking on the colored bar.  Maybe this was mentioned somewhere previously, but this was the first I noticed it.

Girlinhat:

- Per Hetairos, you can enable this feature in Chapter Management.  Otherwise you can only transfer vehicles, tech marines, and librarians.  Even without them in one company, you can still transfer all your terminators and dreadnaughts to a specific ship, and then only raid with that ship.

The disadvantage to this is that your other marines will not gain experience so that you can promote them to terminators, but tactical dreadnought armor isnt cheap to get so that isnt a huge issue.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 30, 2015, 03:11:36 pm »

Don't you have to enable marine transfer in the settings?
Under "Chapter Settings" you have to enable that, NOW I can transfer them between companies!

Wait, transfering them to different companies stops them gaining experience?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 30, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »

nono -- i mean if you only take the termies into combat, the other guys wont get XP and you wont get more termies.  not a big shock, I know.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 30, 2015, 03:44:05 pm »

nono -- i mean if you only take the termies into combat, the other guys wont get XP and you wont get more termies.  not a big shock, I know.
Oh, well I was mainly just going to load a few smaller ships with small companies and send them about to harass small tyranid invasions and whatnot.  Otherwise, why are some items in the arsenal yellow/unavailable?  Do I need to find them, or need better skill to produce them?

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 30, 2015, 03:46:33 pm »

Orbitally bombard the planet? I doubt that will do it though, it'll probably just cling to the debris like a limpet.

I doubt the =][= would have me deliver a bomb down there if it could be just blown up from the orbit.

I guess I should rather be asking for help with restoring disposition via Cheat Engine. I'm at -43, when do you get declared a heretic?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:08 pm »

I lost some troops and they're showing as -% HP on the company screen.  What do?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 30, 2015, 04:52:08 pm »

I lost some troops and they're showing as -% HP on the company screen.  What do?

Reported that bug earlier. They should heal, but they'll do it very very slowly. Best bet is to take them back to your fortress monastery/battle barge. They seem to heal faster, although I don't know if that's due to the # of apothecaries stationed there or not.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 30, 2015, 04:53:02 pm »

Double checked.  My Dreadnoughts aren't 'healing' at all, though my others seemed to have regained to full.  So are there ever losses, or do they just sort of regenerate?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 30, 2015, 04:56:58 pm »

why are some items in the arsenal yellow/unavailable?  Do I need to find them, or need better skill to produce them?

Most of those you'll purchase from other factions via diplomacy.  A few items may be artifacts.

On healing the critically wounded- try adding bionics.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 30, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »

Double checked.  My Dreadnoughts aren't 'healing' at all, though my others seemed to have regained to full.  So are there ever losses, or do they just sort of regenerate?

Dreadnoughts IIRC require a Tech Marine present to heal, as they're considered vehicles.

So are there ever losses, or do they just sort of regenerate?

They're definitely supposed to die. Other than slave-incubators, it's the only way to get new geneseed. There's just a bug where guys get killed so I hard I guess, they go negative and the game doesn't realize they should be dead.

Either that or their faith in the Emprah is so stronk not even death can turn them from their duty.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 30, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »

In that case, how do I get new units to add to my companies?  And is there a way to sell items?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 288