Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798303 times)

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #810 on: January 07, 2015, 06:33:38 pm »

Thunder Hammers are one-handed and require 70EXP to use.
I assume this done so TH users can still fire a pistol or off weapon, right? Traditionally THs are two-handed weapons for everyone but Terminators.
I received a lot of complaints on how that used to work.  Supposedly a lot of the older models used Thunder Hammers in one hand.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 07, 2015, 06:38:06 pm »

It's true. GWS waffled between one-handed hammers and the two-handed, before the two-handed TH was popularized by the video games and basically become THE TH.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 07, 2015, 07:09:44 pm »

Double post to say....

I fuckin' love what you've done with the place. The face lift makes this really look like a polished game, down to the very slight ambiance music on the disclaimer screen. The overall game lost a little visual consistency, but it paid off in terms of readability. Didn't expect all the new and implied features like the Chapter settings, the Marine diagrams for equipment or the training regimes. Chapter-to-Chapter diplomacy too? Damn son.

You done the Emperah proud. Going to be a shame when you bugger off to the Warp, but by the Throne, you've earned it.

Question. Compared the the old training method, are basically all the methods faster except for "Apprenticeship?" It reads like the most classical training method, and tbh I liked the older, slower training but can appreciate some play styles/chapters require a much faster method.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:12:27 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 07, 2015, 07:47:05 pm »

Question. Compared the the old training method, are basically all the methods faster except for "Apprenticeship?" It reads like the most classical training method, and tbh I liked the older, slower training but can appreciate some play styles/chapters require a much faster method.
Pretty much.  Note that many of the methods that list 'Faster Neophyte Training' only speed up the process by like 3-8 turns, so it's not a huge difference from the classic method.  The only ones that really modify the duration are Apprenticeship and Knowledge of Self- the later can chop off up to 13 turns off.  All this is modified from the base 60-72 turn training time based on recruiting world type.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 07, 2015, 08:53:35 pm »

Ok, so it's still pretty slow regardless of what you pick. Cool. Also it'd be sweet if you put the Intro screen back in, was a nice bit of flavor. Unless you're saving it for the tutorial or something.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 08, 2015, 12:22:05 am »

I have no idea how many times I've screwed myself by mistaking the fleet action button thingy for something else and finding myself in an unwanted space battle I didn't want and cannot win.

Just a question: Is there a screen that immediately shows what marines are aboard your ship that's actually in orbit of a planet? It's kind of a hassle to have to dig through my space marine roster just to find some guys to throw onto a planet surface, especially when you're looking to spread your forces a bit more (and while lolstomping every minor ork presence with almost a thousand space marines and hundreds of house sized warmachines is hilarious, it's not that productive barring a sector scale threat).

...but honestly, I'm getting the suspicion that I'm not looking for Warhammer 40.000: Chapter Master, but for Warhammer 40.000: Lord General.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 08, 2015, 01:36:51 am »

I have no idea how many times I've screwed myself by mistaking the fleet action button thingy for something else and finding myself in an unwanted space battle I didn't want and cannot win.

Just a question: Is there a screen that immediately shows what marines are aboard your ship that's actually in orbit of a planet? It's kind of a hassle to have to dig through my space marine roster just to find some guys to throw onto a planet surface, especially when you're looking to spread your forces a bit more (and while lolstomping every minor ork presence with almost a thousand space marines and hundreds of house sized warmachines is hilarious, it's not that productive barring a sector scale threat).

...but honestly, I'm getting the suspicion that I'm not looking for Warhammer 40.000: Chapter Master, but for Warhammer 40.000: Lord General.
The Fleet screen should help with this moderately.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 08, 2015, 02:40:53 am »

I haven't had the time to test the new version yet, but it just bumped on my first-thing-to-do-tonight-list.

On a general level, thank you for your service to the Greater Good, grand mister-master Duke sir! I think Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is a great example of how a game can live on after the original creator leaves it while staying true to the heritage. So hopefully, something like that can happen with Chapter Master too before/without the Evil Empire shutting it down.

Hope you have fun on one of those pleasure planets I keep hearing rumors about!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 08, 2015, 09:08:54 am »

SadPalazzo.jpg :(

The new GUI update makes the game freeze at start screen. I get about a second of movable green pointer, and then it inevitably dies.

I've practically no graphic card to speak of on me laptop (Intel945M), but it worked with the previous versions.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 08, 2015, 09:32:03 am »

Wow, this is great.  Very nice update, looks like you've been working hard on this.

What does Heresy? do?

Couple of issues I saw:

The Astartes Role Settings crash the game if I click on any of them in chapter creation.  Seem to work after the game is started. 

Intro text describing your companies and such is a bit garbled -- the parchment background did not cover the entire text area, and some of the text was printed over the graphic to the left where it was unreadable.  1920x1080.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 08, 2015, 10:51:10 am »

The Astartes Role Settings crash the game if I click on any of them in chapter creation.  Seem to work after the game is started. 
I crashed on clicking the Apothecary settings in chapter creation last night, and figured I'd do more bug testing today; now I don't have to!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 08, 2015, 11:08:36 am »

All my Tech Marines are gone!  I used the transfer feature to distribute them into each of the companies, and now they're gone!

I'm guessing this happens with any "Transfer" but I have not done further testing.

It also helped me discover a new thing with the save feature:  When I go to load a saved game, the chapter name is "Error" and loading it brings me to the main menu.  The "restart game" button seems to do nothing.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 08, 2015, 02:28:10 pm »

So the STC fragments still do nothing, right? Landing on a planet with one does nothing, opposed to landing on planet with an artifact or ruins.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 08, 2015, 02:50:20 pm »

No, they do.  They did in the last version anyway.

If I recall, you need to send a tech marine down.  This is why I was trying to reassign mine.

Should have just kept them in HQ company and moved them to different ships...

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 08, 2015, 04:03:20 pm »

Code: [Select]
minFPS, maxFPS, avgFPS
-30, 2762, 786
  8)

Is there any way to choose windowed version?

Also there's one kind of red in the chapter creation interface that doesn't have a name.

And it crashes when I try to change the astartes role settings
It seems my comptuer doesn't like the pop-up creation event.

Code: [Select]
of  Step Event0
for object obj_creation_popup:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [100,112] out of range [103,101] - 35.role(100482,3200112)
at gml_Object_obj_creation_popup_Step_0
############################################################################################
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:47:53 pm by varsovie »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 288