This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125770 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2014, 07:17:45 pm »

So civil war at the 4 chan city, old government are pearled and ttam/penisaur users has taken over in the name of the new government...
So ... Careful if travelling past there.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2014, 07:27:06 pm »

I was thinking alternating 1-tall stripes of cobble/brick and smooth, since that would look a little better up close.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 08, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »

I vote to not reveal our location, even generally, to these people. Also, maybe don't mention that we are not all the way set up.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 08, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »

Same here, they seem a bit rowdy. Only a few days of them being here and already, a civil war.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 08, 2014, 07:59:09 pm »

*sigh* I just got my god sword, I guess I'll join the leddit World Police and sort them out. What I'm more worried about is what idiot decided to *give* them pearls.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 08, 2014, 09:25:12 pm »

I vote for pure cobble, personally. Maybe accents of something else at ground level.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 09, 2014, 12:09:24 am »

I could probably upgrade to proper prot and grab a real sword, but for now we need to stay out of this as  I'm sure there's going to be a shitstorm brewing.
Now is definitely the time to reinforce everything, we have a charcoal and stone furnace, and the dark oak at lakeshore will provide shitloads of logs.
I wanted to wait until the cone thing is finished and we have the location if the new storeroom and or factory room, but I'm going to IRO reinforce the old storeroom and out everyone on a group for the doors etc. please check the op, if your name isn't there I'll miss adding you, pm me to be added , donations of obsidian and iron would be appreciated, I have enough for the storeroom but we are going I need a lot for the new rooms.
Oh and if anyone has snitches we should add them to one group too until we get better set up.
Needless to say I'm going to disguise the rail entrances a little now :p
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 09, 2014, 07:19:58 am »

Alright, apparently the "civil war" was 5 guys on mumble saying "oh, we don't like the current leader" and a civcraft vet taking their opinion as that of everyone.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 09, 2014, 09:27:31 am »

The situation is pretty messed up, the resistance guys seem reasonable about reconciling with the old leadership, however Yoshi_Sama is basically setting himself up as dictator there.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »

I could probably upgrade to proper prot and grab a real sword, but for now we need to stay out of this as  I'm sure there's going to be a shitstorm brewing.
Now is definitely the time to reinforce everything, we have a charcoal and stone furnace, and the dark oak at lakeshore will provide shitloads of logs.
I wanted to wait until the cone thing is finished and we have the location if the new storeroom and or factory room, but I'm going to IRO reinforce the old storeroom and out everyone on a group for the doors etc. please check the op, if your name isn't there I'll miss adding you, pm me to be added , donations of obsidian and iron would be appreciated, I have enough for the storeroom but we are going I need a lot for the new rooms.
Oh and if anyone has snitches we should add them to one group too until we get better set up.
Needless to say I'm going to disguise the rail entrances a little now :p

I thought we already had a Sparkgears group set up?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2014, 06:42:35 pm »

We do.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2014, 07:03:01 pm »

could I join the military?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 10, 2014, 12:19:34 am »

Could someone Add me as moderator to the group so I can start reinforcing our rails, doors, chests, walls, roads, etc? *prods thedarkstar*

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 10, 2014, 02:51:25 pm »

I'll do it when I get home, in about 45 minutes.

Anyhoo, a thought: once we have enough diamonds to afford a few sets of PvP gear, it might be a good idea to go into the bounty hunting business. You can claim reps for PvP gear used during the apprehension of the guilty party in addition to the bounty, so you probably won't turn a loss. If we work in teams of two or three, then there's almost no risk. If you take down someone, I imagine that their gear is yours as part of the spoils of war. Possibly, their gear might be sold to pay reps, but if they can afford PvP gear, they can probably afford reps.
Edit: NVM, I can't add you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:32:38 pm by tahujdt »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »

DispenserOre Smelter, goin' up!
For context, here's how expensive one is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's in the factory room.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:21:36 pm by tahujdt »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 89