This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125762 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #420 on: September 06, 2014, 06:48:10 pm »

YAY MARK ANYWAYS, I HAVE ARRIVED, AND SOME GOOD NEWS: I GOT A LOT OF CARROTS. DO NOT ASK HOW I GOT THEM. ANYWAYS, I AM WILLING TO DONATE 30 OF THEM TO THE FORT. [ALLCAPS:disabled) I would also like a good room/house.
Did you raid a farm? Don't raid farms.

should we talk to them?
There wouldn't be much of a point, since they're 5000 blocks away. I suppose you could discuss trade or something, but we have trading partners already.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:50:19 pm by Elephant Parade »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 06, 2014, 06:53:11 pm »

We need to start moving these random chests on the side of the canal. Who do they belong to?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2014, 06:54:36 pm »

YAY MARK ANYWAYS, I HAVE ARRIVED, AND SOME GOOD NEWS: I GOT A LOT OF CARROTS. DO NOT ASK HOW I GOT THEM. ANYWAYS, I AM WILLING TO DONATE 30 OF THEM TO THE FORT. [ALLCAPS:disabled) I would also like a good room/house.
Did you raid a farm? Don't raid farms.

I DID NOT.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 06, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »

There wouldn't be much of a point, since they're 5000 blocks away. I suppose you could discuss trade or something, but we have trading partners already.

Having more markets is always better, though.  Can help in getting the best deals.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 06, 2014, 06:56:17 pm »

Having more markets is always better, though.  Can help in getting the best deals.
Should we attempt to contact them, then? We don't really have any industries set up yet, so I'm not sure that there would be much of a point.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2014, 06:56:59 pm »

I made those chests awhile back, I don't need them anymore and I didn't reinforce them. So clear away!

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 06, 2014, 06:58:08 pm »

Should we attempt to contact them, then? We don't really have any industries set up yet, so I'm not sure that there would be much of a point.

How long were they on the server? They might not have any interesting stuff besides wood and carrots.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 06, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »

I'm en route, I was most of the way there when I heard that RussiaZero had been chased off. I'll investigate; Stoneark is GM's work, I'll shoo raiders away from the vault until he can clear it out. Whether or not I hate him, it's still his stuff. I'll PM him and ask if there's anything there he wants.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 06, 2014, 09:25:00 pm »

If they don't have much, we can be on much more level ground with them than most other cities in the area, which could potentially provide for a slight boost in relations.  With better relations, we have a better ally, and since they did have about 100 on at a time, they could prove themselves to be quite a valuable one...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2014, 09:43:21 pm »

Arrived in Stoneark, these guys are being fairly industrious. However, they are lacking in Industry(TM). I shall set up a Dwarven Embassy to try and ally with them. There were a few CivCraft vets in town, but I think they were just checking up on them post-raid.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 06, 2014, 10:01:53 pm »

Are they aware of the claim someone has to Stoneark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2014, 01:14:05 am »

UIA/DATASS techically has claim to stoneark or whatever, but shady contacted goldminer and has his blessing for people settling there. There is someone living there atm but he seems ok with them as long as they don't fuck his shit up. They have destroyed a spawner though.
I'm still in the area and will be tehre tonight.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2014, 08:16:28 am »

UIA/DATASS techically has claim to stoneark or whatever, but shady contacted goldminer and has his blessing for people settling there. There is someone living there atm but he seems ok with them as long as they don't fuck his shit up. They have destroyed a spawner though.
Awesome. Anyhoo, is it okay if I offer them a treaty and/or alliance on behalf of the city of Sparkgears?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 07, 2014, 10:12:31 am »

Awesome. Anyhoo, is it okay if I offer them a treaty and/or alliance on behalf of the city of Sparkgears?
I support this. I just went through the city and had a look around, I found the old park I built there a year ago, and remembered about the stash I had in a nearby mountain, I donated all the logs and clayballs still in there to the city, as well as the stacks of charcoal I was carting to my shop. But picked up the stack of netherrack I forgot I still had there :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2014, 05:28:36 pm »

Alright, we shouldn't go any further with the top half of the cone until we have a good design scheme set out, as it will be difficult to go back up and change it afterwards. Are we going with just a plain cobble design?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89