Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Dry (Suggestion Game)  (Read 4891 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Dry (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 01:13:53 am »

Let's just follow the farmer's lead and keep close to the wagon, and if we have time we should pick up a bunch of rocks to throw at the people who seem to be pursuing us if they attack us.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 11:45:05 pm »

"Follow me, we'll ambush from the bushes." the farmer says, picking up a scythe from inside the wagon. He leads you and Mateo into the bushes, crouched and ready to face the possible attack coming your way. You think to yourself that this farmer might be more than what he looks, but now isn't a good time to ask, as the riders finally come over the hill and into view. They are three men dressed in full black, some with pieces of leather armor, and with an assortment of weapons. One carries a fresh-looking shortsword, one a battle axe, and the other a carving knife.

The group of riders slows as they approach the wagon, dismounting not far away. They don't seem to notice your group in the bushes just beside the wagon. They speak in a foreign tongue, and half surround the wagon on the other side. The one with the shortsword, a relatively large looking man, slowly walks forward and begins to look around in the wagon. He calls out something to the other two, and one of them walks up to the wagon to have a look of his own.

"Follow me, and slowly. Blood needn't be spilled, but be ready nonetheless. On my mark." he motions for you and Mateo to go around the other side of the wagon, and begins to sneak to the opposite side. You creep from the bushes, scimitar at the ready, to pounce on the bandits. When you reach the side of the wagon, you wait for the farmer's mark. You had wondered what it would be, but you quickly get your answer. You hear a grunt and some yelling, and turn the corner. The farmer is holding his scythe to bandit with the shortsword's neck, and the other two seem too surprised to even draw their weapons.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 11:36:46 am »

Motion Mateo at the one with the knife, and then run up to the one with the axe and try to disarm him, either by cutting his axe off it's holster or by doing fancy swordsmanship. Cutting off his hand is a valid option.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 03:34:18 pm »

You gesture for Mateo to go for the bandit with the knife, and you slowly approach the one with the axe. The two bandits both draw their weapons and begin to yell various cusses, and you come up behind your enemy. You attempt to smack the axe out of his hand by slashing at it with the scimitar, but you miss and hit bone, and then go straight through. You cut his hand off at the wrist and he cries out in pain. Mateo kicks his bandit's knife out of his hand and puts his knife to the bandit's throat. Your bandit drops to a knee, holding onto his long stub of an arm, and you kick him over onto his back, and point your sword to his chest. He is bleeding everywhere.

*gobbles menacingly*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 03:39:51 pm »

Cackle maniacally and drink his blood, reveling in our victory!

Curse, and knock him out. While he's unconscious rip off some of his clothes to use as a makeshift bandage. Apply bandages.

I just made this guy a major antagonist, I can guarantee ol' One Hand will come into play later in the game.

SEE HOW POWERFUL I AM!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:41:27 pm by Worldmaster27 »

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 03:50:41 pm »

Cackle maniacally and drink his blood, reveling in our victory!

Curse, and knock him out. While he's unconscious rip off some of his clothes to use as a makeshift bandage. Apply bandages.

I just made this guy a major antagonist, I can guarantee ol' One Hand will come into play later in the game.

SEE HOW POWERFUL I AM!
+1
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »

+1
+2
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »

"Time for a nap, you bastard." you say, and kick the bandit in the head. He falls unconsciousness. You don't want to kill the man, so you rip off a portion of his shirt and wrap it around his stub of an arm. As you finish, you see the farmer pin his bandit to the ground, and bashes him in the head. Mateo takes his bandit and bashes his head on the wagon. Mateo's bandit tries to struggle free, and kicks Mateo in the gut. Mateo releases his grip, and the bandit draws his sword. The farmer quickly runs up behind him and slices through his back with the scythe, splattering blood along the side of the wagon and sending the bandit to the ground, dead.

*gobbles menacingly*

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2014, 12:46:34 am »

That went fairly well. I guess all that's left is to toss the bandits in the wagon, "liberate" their armor, other goods, and weapons, and keep on going. Unless we want to just leave them behind.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2014, 08:00:53 am »

We might be able to collect a reward for them, and it would be good to keep No-Hand in our sight while we're still weak.

That went fairly well. I guess all that's left is to toss the bandits in the wagon, "liberate" their armor, other goods, and weapons, and keep on going. Unless we want to just leave them behind.
+1

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2014, 12:27:23 pm »

You loot the corpse of the slain bandit, and throw the other two in the wagon. You doubt they'll be waking up anytime soon, but the farmer still tells Mateo to sit inside the wagon and keep an eye on them. He argues, but eventually he hops in after the unconscious bandits. You keep the bandits' weapons inside of a bag on top of the wagon, and the farmer had pocketed the few coins that they had. "I'll give you both some money to spend when we get there, don't worry." he'd said.

By the time you arrive in Santa Rosa. It's not nearly as quiet a town as Lororay, but it's not exactly a crime capital either. Most of the rowdiness stays around the inn, and the farmer advises you to stay away from it. He gives you and Mateo each five coins, and tells you that you'll be leaving to return to Lororay at noon tomorrow. As soon as the farmer goes away, Mateo speaks. "Sam, I say we go to the inn. We deserve a good time after that scrap. Plus, I can't think of anywhere else that we could stay for the night."

*gobbles menacingly*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2014, 06:22:27 pm »

Decline, saying that we want to see the sights of the town first. Try to find a cartographer's guild.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2014, 08:51:22 pm »

You shake your head, and gesture for Mateo to follow you. "Let's see if they have a Cartographer's Guild here." you say. You wander the streets of Santa Rosa, taking in the sights and smells. You get lost in the first few minutes of wandering. Mateo suggests that you try to buy a town map from a building with a sign saying "MAPS FOR SALE". As you walk in, you notice another thing about the sign. It shows that the building is, indeed, the Cartographers Guild!

*gobbles menacingly*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2014, 09:29:20 pm »

Do we have instruments for making our own maps?

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2014, 06:51:20 pm »

You check your bag, to check if your parchment and ink are still there. Sure enough, they are.

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7