Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Conquest: Westeros  (Read 12625 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest: Westeros
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2014, 04:38:29 am »

May I suggest putting a copy of the current turn in the OP?

Done.

Offer NAP for 20 turns to Reed, Mallister and 135.
Move two units from 143 to 142.
Retire/delete one unit from 143.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:42:41 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2014, 04:45:03 am »

boy do i love school and opposite time zone
i don't even know what to do

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2014, 04:51:13 am »

hey, so I have a total of 5 economies, but only 9 income, how come?
Fake edit: ah ,here we go I get double income from vassals instead of economies.
actual edit: I meant they're switched.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:53:45 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2014, 04:52:57 am »

hey, so I have a total of 5 economies, but only 9 income, how come?
Fake edit: ah ,here we go I get double income from vassals instead of economies.

No, I've made an error here. *checking math*...

Edit;
Code: [Select]
=2+(SUM(C9:C13)*2+SUM(C19:D27))
You have 9 gold to spend, not 5. My bad.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2014, 05:11:42 am »

Send messages to all factions south of the wall informing them on massing wildlings and requesting money or soldiers to fortify the wall.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2014, 05:25:48 am »

Send messages to all factions south of the wall informing them on massing wildlings and requesting money or soldiers to fortify the wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2014, 05:28:02 am »

All aboard! to 133

Open relation ship with owner of 161 and 177

question can we build or blow up bridges?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2014, 05:29:17 am »

Huh?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2014, 05:30:16 am »

The armies of players are visible for everyone on the map, but I only see a few NPC controlled armies.
Does that mean that most NPC don't have any armies, or are they simply invisible for us (unless we send spies)?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2014, 05:30:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To be fair The Wall basically lives off donations, so "request money or soldiers to fortify the wall." should be a standing order.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2014, 05:31:45 am »

The armies of players are visible for everyone on the map, but I only see a few NPC controlled armies.
Does that mean that most NPC don't have any armies, or are they simply invisible for us (unless we send spies)?

Bingo. I'd make the resources invisible too, but that's a serious pain in the ass to micromanage. Resources are what they were at the start of the game. They may or may not have been improved by the NPC at some point.

*Checks map to make sure that NPC visible armies are meant to be visible*

Edit;
Yeah, the maps fine. Visible units are scouted territories - though, the visible troops may change on revisitation.

Edit2;
I just want to refocus the comment that this game is a land-grab game, not a roleplay. You can roleplay all you like, but don't expect NPC logic to be swayed by canon events or relationships. Their logic is based on this game's events, and this game's events only... As such, don't expect Robb Stark to send gold and units to the wall, don't expect the Karstarks to love the Starks, don't expect Dorne to hate the Lannisters, so forth.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:35:33 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2014, 05:34:14 am »

Also, do spies report in the same turn or do I get the information in the next turn?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2014, 05:34:33 am »

What's up with my action?
Caine's law.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2014, 05:36:21 am »

What's up with my action?

Edit2;
I just want to refocus the comment that this game is a land-grab game, not a roleplay. You can roleplay all you like, but don't expect NPC logic to be swayed by canon events or relationships. Their logic is based on this game's events, and this game's events only... As such, don't expect Robb Stark to send gold and units to the wall, don't expect the Karstarks to love the Starks, don't expect Dorne to hate the Lannisters, so forth.

Also, do spies report in the same turn or do I get the information in the next turn?

You get the update next turn.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2014, 05:37:34 am »

Do I find out if the nods agreed or not this turn? It's still basically a negotiation.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13