Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Warden - "I have returned from beyond the grave to give the living haircuts."  (Read 23984 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gameplay footage
Level editor in action
Public demo download link

What is Warden?
Warden is a multiplayer survival-horror game that pits you against a deadly shapeshifting demon controlled by one of your friends! To survive the demon’s predations, you’ll need to work together with the other Wardens on your team to evade and fend off the monster.

The demon is exceptionally dangerous, but the Wardens are not completely helpless. Each Warden has a unique skillset that allows them to fight, hide, and track their way across the map to each unholy altar in need of destroying. Only by destroying these altars can the Wardens completely exorcise the demon from the physical world.

Each time an altar is destroyed, the demon is destroyed temporarily and reforms as a completely different type of enemy, each with wildly different abilities. To survive each form, you'll have to figure out what you're up against and adapt your strategies accordingly. Should you fail to do so, you'll soon find yourselves with a lot of dead Wardens on your hands.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:02:14 pm by Araph »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warden: An Indie Survival Horror Game
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:40:15 pm »

Well, this looks interesting. I'd be well up for giving it a try. Although if my math is correct is the time you posted for the next game only in about a half a hour? I'm not sure if that's enough time to gather a group of people if so (unless you actually already have a group of people from some other thread and I am just being a dummy)

Also, as for the requirements, I have a microphone, and I got a skype account, but I don't actually know how to use skype. Do I need a paid account or something for this? (I see something on their website about group calls being free, but I'm not sure how accurate that is or totally what it means) If so, I'l probably not be doing that game.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 07:46:00 pm »

Well, this looks interesting. I'd be well up for giving it a try. Although if my math is correct is the time you posted for the next game only in about a half a hour? I'm not sure if that's enough time to gather a group of people if so (unless you actually already have a group of people from some other thread and I am just being a dummy)

Also, as for the requirements, I have a microphone, and I got a skype account, but I don't actually know how to use skype. Do I need a paid account or something for this? (I see something on their website about group calls being free, but I'm not sure how accurate that is or totally what it means) If so, I'l probably not be doing that game.

Skype is free. Also, given the lack of response, we're not having a game today. I'm busy tomorrow, but the Monday is fine for me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 07:52:43 pm »

Sure, I should be able to make it any time on Monday. How many players are there in a game by the way?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 07:53:49 pm »

Balance-wise, I have no idea. The intended number is anywhere between two and six.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 07:56:17 pm »

ptw

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 09:11:45 pm »

oh shoot, right. I forgot about the game tonight. As of right now, Monday looks like a good time for me.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 09:26:58 pm »

This sounds interesting. Posting to watch, but don't count on me reliably getting into any games. I'll try and join one at some point, though.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 04:20:22 am »

I have no time to play but I wanted to say great job on building your vision. It's not easy getting to that point and it takes courage to share it with the world. This is very impressive and I hope to spend the kind of time with it that it deserves,...... very soon.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 01:02:12 pm »

I'll try and join one at some point, though.

They'll be pretty common; I'm sure one of them down the line will work with your schedule.

I have no time to play but I wanted to say great job on building your vision. It's not easy getting to that point and it takes courage to share it with the world. This is very impressive and I hope to spend the kind of time with it that it deserves,...... very soon.

Thanks! When you have some free time, this'll still be here waiting.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 01:35:21 pm »

Game today, 6:00 PST! If it needs to be a bit earlier for people on the east coast or anything, we can move it to earlier. If even just one or two people can play, I'm going ahead with the game. Make sure you have a mic and a Skype account, since that's how we'll be communicating!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 02:00:15 pm »

That's in 6 hours right?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »

About six hours from now, yes.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 03:57:21 pm »

Can't join, something came up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 05:40:31 pm »

I'm in!

Edit: 210 megs. Jesus Christ, I wish my internet was not so shite.

Edit edit: It crashed. Knowing my internet... I'll count myself out.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:06:45 pm by Fniff »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15