Author Topic: -  (Read 30235 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: This Stuff Really Works Edition
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2014, 07:52:48 am »

PTW.

I'm pretty knowledgeable in lucid dreaming in the theory level if I say so myself. I haven't managed to have a lucid dream, though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2014, 10:23:44 am »

I'll just be posting to watch on this one. And I'll definitely be trying to get a lucid dream.
If only to be a wizard.
* Tawarochir offers Execute/Dumbo.exe a position in the Wizard Council

Anyway, my alarm messed up a third time in a row. I had a dream and remembered the details, though.

Anybody got an idea on how to get my alarm to make me wake up?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2014, 11:31:10 am »

I'll just be posting to watch on this one. And I'll definitely be trying to get a lucid dream.
If only to be a wizard.
* Tawarochir offers Execute/Dumbo.exe a position in the Wizard Council

Anyway, my alarm messed up a third time in a row. I had a dream and remembered the details, though.

Mmm... have headphones connected to ir?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2014, 11:40:49 am »

Nah, wouldn't work. It's my watch.

Maybe I could fix up my regular alarm clock... its alarm could be louder, although I haven't tried it in years.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »

Anyways, I tried MILD, but didn't remember having any dreams. My body turned numb three times, though, and my vision bcame blotchy and shadowy twice.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2014, 02:44:03 pm »

I attempted MILD. I had a really weird dream, but it was not lucid.

The only abnormal thing was that I was immediately fully awake when I woke up.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2014, 02:52:06 pm »

Come to think of it, I did have a dream. My alarm off button had a small piece of plastic or something on it, so I moved that to turn it off and fell back alseep. When I actually woke up, that object was nowhere to be seen.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2014, 05:32:23 pm »

Hrmm I've never had particularly interesting dreams...maybe I should try some of this stuff sometime.

Is having frequent dreams necesary for this? I only ever really recall a dream like twice a month, and the ones I do remember aren't very lively. Hallucinated once or twice when semi asleep, but then I always went full awake after 3 seconds.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:34:33 pm by Jelle »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2014, 05:43:29 pm »

Hrmm I've never had particularly interesting dreams...maybe I should try some of this stuff sometime.

Is having frequent dreams necesary for this? I only ever really recall a dream like twice a month, and the ones I do remember aren't very lively. Hallucinated once or twice when semi asleep, but then I always went full awake after 3 seconds.

No. Half the point of this is to recall more dreams and make normal dreams more vivid. Just start keeping a journal and following the tips in the OP (even writing down "did not remember any dreams" every morning if you have to).

One really freaky thing is: you can write down a full dream in your journal, read it later in the day, and have no memory of it. That's how bad the average person's dream recall is.

Come to think of it, I did have a dream. My alarm off button had a small piece of plastic or something on it, so I moved that to turn it off and fell back alseep. When I actually woke up, that object was nowhere to be seen.

Aw, if only you had reality checked. Start doing the nose thing every time you wake up just for things like this.

I have had no success using WILD recently. I will wake up from an alarm, go back to bed, try WILD or FILD off and on for an hour, and ultimately give up. Also, I've started waking up early. That's weird. I never wake up early.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:48:16 pm by freeformschooler »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2014, 05:44:33 pm »

I think most of us want to do this to become dream wizards.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2014, 05:57:13 pm »

Yeah, that's my objective as well.

My alarm failed to wake me up last night, but I woke up on my own about half an hour after it was supposed to go. It's possible that I forgot to turn it on. I had no lucid dreams.

Shadowhammer's log, day 3
I woke up, but I read/walked around for a much shorter time than was recommended, only about two minutes instead of five. I'm not sure why.

After I turned off the light, I lay down with my hands on my stomach, but I found myself to be very sleepy and unable to focus well. I attempted FILD, but moved several times (most of them without making a conscious decision to do so), and fell asleep within ~15 minutes of starting.

I had several dreams, including hiding behind a semi trailer truck with a bunch of classmates while being shot at; being at a swimming pool with a friend who decided to take my shoes, light them on fire (in the swimming pool), and then pull the fire alarm; and wearing a bandana with a knife sheath on the back. None of them were lucid.

Tonight I will ensure that I am fully awake before going back to bed, and I will double check that my alarm is actually on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2014, 06:26:52 pm »

I trawled my posts list til I found my method...

On the subject of alarm clocks: I worked out a sure-fire way to wake myself on time, back when I actually had a reason not to sleep in. Before this I was prone to sleeping through any and all alarm clocks, and had to rely on others to wake me up.

The solution was simple, I simply used the (rather outdated) nokia phone I had at the time, turned the vibrate on and picking some incredibly loud, annoying ringtone, and then dropped it in my undies as I went to sleep. Now that should wake you up! :o

Anyway, good work ShadowHammer! :D
I don't think I'm going to do this for a while, but it's heartening to see someone having success with these methods.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Don't Trust Triplets Edition
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2014, 06:30:18 pm »

Yeah, that's my objective as well.
Me too.

I, unfortunately, don't have anything that vibrates at a specific time, but now that I think about it, I remember that my alarm clock uses this thing where it slowly gets louder. I'm going to go with that.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2014, 06:38:23 pm »

How do you fall asleep in 15 minutes? It usually takes at least two hours for me, which is annoying.

And Tawarochir, put your alarm across the room to force you to get up and turn it off, unless I'm misinterpreting the problem.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:40:45 pm by Alev »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Don't Trust Triplets Edition
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2014, 06:46:38 pm »

No, my problem is that I sleep straight through the alarm.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21