Author Topic: -  (Read 30244 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: This Stuff Really Works Edition
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2014, 11:39:51 am »

Well, I'm back.

Nothing, my alarm failed to wake me up. Shoot.

I got into the habit of reality checks though, so that's a plus.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2014, 11:40:56 am »

I, too, had horrible nightmares as a kid. I can sometimes recognize a nightmare as a dream and wake up by blinking repeatedly. Not as often as I could when I had nightmares more frequently, though.

I generally don't stay asleep for more than a few seconds after I recognize something as a dream, though, so I'm not really a lucid dreamer.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2014, 11:47:22 am »

Is anyone here doing Habit RPG? Because this would make a great challenge for it.
Objective already made one last week - "The Dreamer's Challenge".
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 12:00:24 pm »

One thing I've been reading today is strong hallucinogens (mushrooms, for example) can cause you to occasionally fail reality checks. Don't do that while trying for lucid dreams.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2014, 12:46:05 pm »

Is anyone here doing Habit RPG? Because this would make a great challenge for it.
Objective already made one last week - "The Dreamer's Challenge".
Cool! I must have missed the notification habit gives us, cause it's a decently designed website.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2014, 10:32:02 pm »

Alright, I just meditated for like fifteen minutes.

I got this infuriating tickle on my nose after around the 11 mark, and I failed my Concentration check to avoid attacking it, leading to an abandoning of meditation.

Still going to try WILD tonight-- I have my alarm-watch wedged between my pillows now, so I'll probably wake this time.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 10:50:28 pm »

Alright, I just meditated for like fifteen minutes.

I got this infuriating tickle on my nose after around the 11 mark, and I failed my Concentration check to avoid attacking it, leading to an abandoning of meditation.

Still going to try WILD tonight-- I have my alarm-watch wedged between my pillows now, so I'll probably wake this time.

godspeed you crazy bastard

Just remember to stay calm! You'll experience a lot of weird sensations. Reality check when you open your eyes (as many WILD dreams start in the place you fell asleep).

I'm going to try it tonight as well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:53:18 pm by freeformschooler »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2014, 10:58:46 pm »

* Tawarochir applies warpaint and ties a red strip of cloth around his head

G'night!

* Tawarochir downs a gallon of warm milk and passes out on the thread floor

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 11:05:23 pm »

Ehh. Might try this sometime. Consider this a PTW, I guess.

blazing glory

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 12:00:57 am »

Would a dream journal help me to remember my ordinary dreams?

Right now I'd consider being able to remember my dreams at all to be good progress,after all,who cares about being aware of a dream if you can't remember it?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 12:24:59 am »

Would a dream journal help me to remember my ordinary dreams?

Right now I'd consider being able to remember my dreams at all to be good progress,after all,who cares about being aware of a dream if you can't remember it?
Yeah, it helps. Do it as soon as you wake up, or at least write some notes so you can recall it and write more later.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 12:53:34 am »

You lucky bastards that can remember even normal dreams. I seem to just can't. I've tried a journal right next to bed when I wake up... nothing. I know I dream, but I can't remember them.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 01:01:55 am »

You lucky bastards that can remember even normal dreams. I seem to just can't. I've tried a journal right next to bed when I wake up... nothing. I know I dream, but I can't remember them.
Mm. Do you think of anything while you lay in bed? I, for one, lay in bed for maybe 2-3 hours before I go asleep, just staring at the celing, and if I don't think of anything, it is really fucking boring. Because of that, I have little stories that I continue night after night, going back and changing or adding stuff for maybe a week or so until I decide I've milked everything I could possibly get out of that plot, then I go to a new one. Not sure if 'daudreaming' like that before you sleep helps at all, though.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2014, 03:58:12 am »

I was thinking today about a WILD I had once. It involved me realising I was in my bedroom from when I was very very young, one or two, perhaps. Everything seemed so very small to me. Then there were shouts from outside the room, and a loud, repeated banging on the door - like a couple of people trying to knock it down - leaving me scared shitless until the door flung open, I woke up, and my dad was standing there saying he'd made a cup of tea for me.
For the duration, I was up and walking around my room. I was aware it was a dream, but not enough so to force myself into wakefulness. The scariest thing, though, was that I had remembered the room perfectly. I looked at some old photos later and everything matched up to what it was like in the dream.
I might try that technique again, sometime.

I, for one, lay in bed for maybe 2-3 hours before I go asleep, just staring at the celing, and if I don't think of anything, it is really fucking boring. Because of that, I have little stories that I continue night after night, going back and changing or adding stuff for maybe a week or so until I decide I've milked everything I could possibly get out of that plot, then I go to a new one. Not sure if 'daudreaming' like that before you sleep helps at all, though.
I do this. I usually have several concurrent plotlines that I project myself into on different nights depending on what I've been reading/watching during that day.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2014, 07:43:25 am »

Failed WILD. I didn't get very far before losing focus and falling back asleep.

Are you staying completely still with your eyes closed when you wake up?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21