Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 256526 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1230 on: September 06, 2014, 11:36:20 pm »

He said Why.
That doesn't answer Why (or What or How or...)

Whenever I targeted only one person in the night, it was to prime them. P13 is already dead, so that obviously failed. My ability failed last night as well. I do not know if both blocks were stopped, or only one. Probably both.

You don't think you can target him? You don't know which roleblock failed? Do you specifically know which one failed as to whom?

I don't think I can target Toaster any more. He's got a lot of powers. And no, I don't know which roleblocks failed. I only know if one or more of them have failed in the night. So far, I have been told that one or more of my abilities failed in the night every night so far. That's all the information I have.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 07, 2014, 12:15:16 am »

Nerjin: How was Varee 'more of a threat' to town? What specific fears did you have of him- more so than of a constantly reviving third party who can block every action?

I viewed him as Scum. Toaster was confirmed third party. I've explained all of this before. I'm pretty sure you commented on it.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 07, 2014, 01:23:00 am »

Scum is more of a threat than a highly powered third party who could ally with the scum? Enough so that you go against towns wishes?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 07, 2014, 08:50:08 am »

Scum equals -1.

Someone who could ally with scum but could also ally with town is 0.

Town is 1.

I found it basic enough. And I wasn't going against towns wishes. It was an even split.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 07, 2014, 07:09:15 pm »

TolyK: You've lost your alignment inspection (?)- does this mean that the whole 'have Toaster lock down everyone then slowly reveal everybody's alignments one at a time' plan is kinda screwed now? In this case: Does everyone think we should have Toaster remove the panic?
Yes, I have. I think it was bound to fail at some point due to people being free on their own terms. :p
I can still provide useful information (checking claims), though. And I'd love it if Toaster removed it from everyone.
Also, Jack's move-around-ability ability could be useful in deactivating potential threats.

Toaster, re this quote: Do you plan on continuing to try to lockdown everyone, or are you going to remove the panic tonight?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 07, 2014, 07:29:16 pm »

TolyK:
TolyK:
I still stand that Silthuri has been trying to stay under the radar and above the rocky ground.
And this is the most suspicious thing you've seen so far? You're not even pressuring her - that vote could hardly be any more passive.
I agree that I'm not pressuring. It's currently not my priority, as I would rather do concrete things instead of those based on gut.
I had an alignment investigation, now I have a role name/ability investigation. The action inspect was a bonus for the last-time use.
What do you mean, last time use? Explain, clearly, what results you get from an inspect, and why it changed.
I get the alignment. Last night I also could see who the person targeted (for free). Now, instead, I can see what action or role name the person has.
No, I am wrong in that count then.
Also, is Silthuri your scum buddy?
No. Why do you accuse me of chainsawing when you admit that my point is valid? You obviously didn't examine that vote log very hard - did you just go for the first target that caught your fancy?
It was more or less an afterthought. And yes, I more or less did, except I picked a person I didn't know anything about (more or less), looked at the activity and log of that person, try to remember something, and then more or less realize that I indeed know nothing about the l said person, and that is more or less a reason to believe they're staying in the "sweet spot" between active and passive.

It's exactly why I'm not pressing the case - it totally is "not very good at all" due to there being only one point and a gut feeling.

More or less.

In italics.
If the only case you can make is a bad one, either don't make it at all or put some pressure on the person and try to make them crack.

Also, Tiruin:
3. OMGUS on me after I point it out
I'm not the only one, so :p
. . . ???
What is this pointing at?
*points at word OMGUS and then points at the vote list*
In my opinion, any time you accuse somebody because they accused you, it's an OMGUS. It doesn't have to be accompanied by a vote.

TolyK: Why would you mistake the owner of the Filler Ability as yourself?
Because I was the initial owner.
You should be able to keep things like that straight - unless you're getting confused with your fakeclaims.

Unvote

Scripten: Why are you going around priming people when you have very little information on them? I'm assuming you can't unprime - if you prime somebody, killing them will be unavoidable if you decide to kill anybody at all. Your behaviour(and role) seem more like SK than town to me.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 07, 2014, 07:50:02 pm »

IN... for replacement
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 07, 2014, 09:31:56 pm »

Ok, back from my superb weekend of job finding and college stuff. Can't stay for tonight, but i will post something tommorow evening. Sorry for that

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 07, 2014, 09:32:30 pm »

Scripten: Why are you going around priming people when you have very little information on them? I'm assuming you can't unprime - if you prime somebody, killing them will be unavoidable if you decide to kill anybody at all. Your behaviour(and role) seem more like SK than town to me.

So you're basically judging your vote based on my role?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 07, 2014, 09:46:31 pm »

Ok, back from my superb weekend of job finding and college stuff. Can't stay for tonight, but i will post something tommorow evening. Sorry for that

That's fine. I do hope you can get some solid reads done before Day 4 ends.
I've played some mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 07, 2014, 11:28:02 pm »

Scum is more of a threat than a highly powered third party who could ally with the scum? Enough so that you go against towns wishes?
Scum... Is more of a threat than survivor. Especially when we had agreed on a plan, or at least part of us did and the others are unwillingly cooperating at any rate. :p
I still think Toaster is a more positive than negative player, atm.

TWS, since I'm PFP morning style I'll just answer questions without quoting.

1. That's exactly the problem, there is basically no real content to look at that I remember. I haven't had enough time to reread the game from the start, which is why I can't really press anything.

2. That's my opinion as well, it just referred to a previous game where I was getting bugged about "improper term use".

3. That's the result of partially reworking my post over the course of several hours - I initially had a different plan, but didn't delete it all, and when glancing over my text once it seemed fine.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 08, 2014, 09:12:40 am »

Cheeetar:
TolyK: You've lost your alignment inspection (?)- does this mean that the whole 'have Toaster lock down everyone then slowly reveal everybody's alignments one at a time' plan is kinda screwed now? In this case: Does everyone think we should have Toaster remove the panic?
Yes, I have. I think it was bound to fail at some point due to people being free on their own terms. :p
I can still provide useful information (checking claims), though. And I'd love it if Toaster removed it from everyone.
Also, Jack's move-around-ability ability could be useful in deactivating potential threats.

Toaster, re this quote: Do you plan on continuing to try to lockdown everyone, or are you going to remove the panic tonight?

Plan A was to keep it going, since we have no idea the nature or source of that kill that got through.  If we did want to remove it, frankly I'd rather instead fix it so everyone's action works but they keep the ability, so that the option to lock down individuals remains.  I'm open to discussion about it though, since barely anyone commented.  On that note:

Everyone:  Do you think Plan Lockdown should continue?  Why or why not?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 08, 2014, 12:43:59 pm »

Well, I'd personally like to get rid of the lockdown on me, but that's not quite objective. :P
Given I can't actually investigate alignments any more... And that a kill went through, targeted at YOU...  And if you die, we are stuck with the same 50% chance...

Idea: Unlock the people who are confirmed town (this probably includes Tiruin, since even if she is the SK she was probably the one who was able to kill you). Possibly me as well, though since people are FoS-ing me a lot you could keep me panic'd (which I'm personally against, but still :P).

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 08, 2014, 03:00:42 pm »

I'm not comfortable with third party retaining the key to my ability to action successfully if it's not going to be in a way such that town has a guaranteed win.
I've played some mafia.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 08, 2014, 03:33:36 pm »

I say keep those who aren't confirmed town locked down.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 123