Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 256530 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1245 on: September 08, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »

Who is confirmed town?  By my count, nobody.  Tiruin is extremely close, but third party is remotely possible.  TolyK I don't see any proof of confirmation at all.  Remember that "confirmed" is a very strong word in Mafia.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 08, 2014, 04:36:21 pm »

I need to do an actual post at some point, but in the meantime:

Who is confirmed town?  By my count, nobody.  Tiruin is extremely close, but third party is remotely possible.  TolyK I don't see any proof of confirmation at all.  Remember that "confirmed" is a very strong word in Mafia.
Yeah, this is an issue. Jack is confirmed assuming TolyK is telling the truth, I believe, which is... not great, but something.

That said, we can loosely guess that the plan has cut the number of kills in half, so I'm in favor of continuing it. I say we block TolyK as well, though; he's shifty as fuck and all of his inspects conveniently die except Toaster who dies when he's left unblocked.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 08, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »

Seeing as I think we have an incoming tied lynch on our hands, extend. PFP.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 08, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »

extend too

pfp I'm sick

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 08, 2014, 06:16:53 pm »

Extend. I have no idea what the votecount is.

pfp I'm sick
*more pats*
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 08, 2014, 06:33:46 pm »

Extend

Yeah, I agree with keeping people locked - especially TolyK. Has anyone else claimed an inspect?

Idea: Unlock the people who are confirmed town (this probably includes Tiruin, since even if she is the SK she was probably the one who was able to kill you).
Tiruin isn't panicking.

Scripten:
Scripten: Why are you going around priming people when you have very little information on them? I'm assuming you can't unprime - if you prime somebody, killing them will be unavoidable if you decide to kill anybody at all. Your behaviour(and role) seem more like SK than town to me.

So you're basically judging your vote based on my role?
Yes. At some point you have to admit that the person claiming a role that looks exactly like an SK role is probably the SK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 08, 2014, 08:57:53 pm »

Scripten:
Scripten: Why are you going around priming people when you have very little information on them? I'm assuming you can't unprime - if you prime somebody, killing them will be unavoidable if you decide to kill anybody at all. Your behaviour(and role) seem more like SK than town to me.

So you're basically judging your vote based on my role?
Yes. At some point you have to admit that the person claiming a role that looks exactly like an SK role is probably the SK.

And that point is apparently immediately after they claim? Exactly what do you expect me to do to defend myself? I've given all the information I have on my role and actions. In this setup, I could have literally claimed any sort of power and you wouldn't be any the wiser. I chose to do what I did because more information for the town is good for the town.

Do you find MBP's case against Tiruin to be viable as well, then?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 08, 2014, 09:31:43 pm »

I don't expect you to defend yourself, because you can't. That doesn't mean, though, that I can't vote you because of it. You could claim a power that you don't have, but then you become much easier to discover, since you can't do what you claim you're going to do. Power switch abilities, rolecops, trackers, etc. are all far more dangerous to you if you claim something you're not.

I considered the possibility that Tiruin was the SK, yes, but that ability could make sense for a non-SK to have. It wasn't as damning, and I wasn't as certain about it.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 08, 2014, 10:10:19 pm »

Apologies, everyone.  I'm finding myself a bit overwhelmed at the moment, and not in good shape.  I'm not up for late-game stuff right now.  I request a replacement.  Also, extend.

Scripten: You never explained why you were intending to prime people, if you were intending to prime people.

TheWetSheep: Wasn't your attack on Scripten partially about his behaviour, and not just based on his role?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 08, 2014, 10:24:56 pm »

Had less time to read and post than i tought. so, Extend. I need it.

Nobody is confirmed town. This is not paranormal. The only person you can be sure is town is yourself when you get your role from wubbah. And even then. Saying that anybody is confirmed should be punishable. Suggesting it too.

Furthermore, My top 3 are Tiruin, Scipten, and Nerjin. Also, Toaster.

Basically. Tiruin i'm pretty sure is either scum or 3rd party. Don't believe me, i don't care.
Scripten poisoner, i can't understand how that would work. I've got strong SK viibes from this. You got a town ability that you can use to prime someone, and since he got 2 he can just do 1 kill a night or hell, prime then go on a rampage. That's like an extra strength arsonist.
Nerjin did protect a known third party against town wishes. Maybe mistake maybe bad will, still something you shouldn't do.

And I voted toaster since i'm unsure amongst the other 3, and a 3rd party lynch is better than a mislynch in my book. No offense Toasty.

Also Toaster, If you want to keep the panic rolling you can, but if they killed you yesterday i assume they would be capable tonight too. Wouldn't like to be in your shoes.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 08, 2014, 10:28:41 pm »

Fine for unvoting MBP. Very glad to see you have some actual reads and scumhunting. Perhaps there are some questions you'd like to ask those people you view as suspicious so you can be more sure of their alignment?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 08, 2014, 10:29:28 pm »

And in case it's not abundantly obvious, PFP.
I've played some mafia.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 08, 2014, 10:35:13 pm »

Forgot to bold it in my post, Extend. Just in case

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 08, 2014, 10:36:51 pm »

I'd be fine with lynching me if that confirms what I said.
And you all seem to forget that I confirmed Toaster as survivor and made him talk, which would be extremely unlikely otherwise.
The only problem with lynching me is that I'd lose a one-shot kill and another one-shot...

Morning post. Pfp. Extend.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 08, 2014, 11:34:53 pm »

Scripten: You never explained why you were intending to prime people, if you were intending to prime people.

Since I'm town, I can use my ability in a lylo situation to leave us with only confirmed townies, if I play my cards right. (So far I haven't, it seems.) I haven't been relying on my powers alone to play the game. Exactly what am I expected to do to not be scumread for the ability set the mod gave me? If you feel that my role is too dangerous to keep around, then lynch me. I'll still win with the town. I'm defending myself only because a mislynch/nolynch would hurt the town.

I will admit, however, that having to defend my role is frustrating when I didn't design it myself.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 123