Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88121 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 1 - Slow Dancing for the Doge
« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2014, 08:33:48 pm »

Also, there's more to this message than you think there is.  Search closely, and you will find it.  Or be NQT, who'll find it immediately.
Uh, Abbr tags underline the contained words. And you didn't include a second Abbr tag.
If you didn't mean the "cheap but effective" bit, I don't see anything else.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 01, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »

Buh.
Intermittent.
Changeling op pls Nerf.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 01, 2014, 08:36:54 pm »

Also, there's more to this message than you think there is.  Search closely, and you will find it.  Or be NQT, who'll find it immediately.
Uh, Abbr tags underline the contained words. And you didn't include a second Abbr tag.
If you didn't mean the "cheap but effective" bit, I don't see anything else.
They don't on many browsers (like mine) and I did include begin and end tags.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 01, 2014, 08:41:53 pm »

Also, if we to undertake this (scary) plan, who would I be killing? Scarlet for one, obviously, but that leaves two other kills if I follow your plan.

Alternatively, I can just sell the "free" part of my Changeling, but buy Prolific with that, sell Cleanse and use the point for surviving a day to get Innate for the Kill, and use two kills to still prove my townyness while misfiring less, and keep my changeling. I'd have to get Innate for Prolific later, I guess.
The Cyan Menace

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 01, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »

holy shit this day 1

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 01, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »

Vote Varee most likely scum. I prove, doublekill happens 3 confirms townies by mid of d2 and dead scum
Test flabort and k or wolf if possible. Scarlet probably toaster or the fourth guy. Info would help much thx.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 01, 2014, 09:01:59 pm »

I can't sleep literally due to blood but eh.
This. Is. Day1!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 01, 2014, 09:40:47 pm »

That's a lot of replies.

Putting it here before I forget about it, but why would scum put their only killer on Intermittant?  That doesn't really add up, especially since they couldn't use the cleanse on the "off" days either.

Oh wait, never mind; I see the problem.

Me BeforeMe now
Free Innate Changeling (10)Free Innate Changeling (10)
Inflate (1)Kill (6)
Afflicted (-2)Cleanse (2)
Hardcore (-1)Flexible (2)
Unable to vote (-2)Hardcore (-1)
Intermittent (-2)
-----------------------
Scarlet beforeScarlet now
Kill (6)Inflate (1)
Cleanse (2)Afflicted (-2)
Flexible (2)Hardcore (-1)
Hardcore (-1)Unable to Vote (-2)
Intermittent (-2)

Scarlet before
Kill (6)   
Cleanse (2)   
Flexible (2)   
Hardcore (-1)
Intermittent (-2)

(6)   
(2)   
(2)   
(-1)
(-2)

That's two points over.  Flabort, why are you lying?

TolyK is suspicious as hell for being so damn cagey about his vote, but it's time for everyone to vote to prove their vote count.  Sure, it's part roleclaim; but since the only way to hide it is to not vote, get over it.  Vote or hang.

TolyK:
What would be bad if I claimed tomorrow?

After Jack's BYOR where you tried that same crap, no.  I don't care that you were town there; don't try to pretend to have something you don't.  Yes, I saw you say what it'd be; I don't care.

Toony:
@Toaster:
Do you have the Scarlet mask?

No.  I started with nonvoter and a plan to get rid of it.

Delving into meta now, but Persus lurked the crap out of Super 7 and he was scum there.  Persus:  Come out and vote anyone.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 01, 2014, 09:55:05 pm »

I think the scarlet mask was gifted or santa'd one of the 2 point powers?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 01, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »

(6)   
(2)   
(2)   
(-1)
(-2)

That's two points over.  Flabort, why are you lying?

Not lying. Brought this up earlier:

Oh, also, interesting note, the person I hit had 10 points of abilities, including a cleanse (not self), but only had 3 points of flaws.
-snip-
Cleanse was probably meant to interact with Magnetic so that it cleans Intermittent off, but it cleaned Magnetic off instead, I'm guessing.
-snip-
Nope.  They couldn't have cleansed themselves: intermittent.

I think what happened is they either got santa'd or gift'd or something that cleanse, it makes no sense.  However, the kill with flexible does: if you find yourself in a dangerous situation, and are likely to get inspected, you can sell your kill and get something benign.

Either a scumbuddy gave them the extra cleanse, hence the two points over, or a scumbuddy cleansed out a flaw for them already. Probably they planned to cleanse the intermittent out, but cleansed away the other two point flaw first.

Toaster, it may be a lot of replies, but that's no excuse for not reading them.
The Cyan Menace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 01, 2014, 10:08:19 pm »

I saw that after I had written what I wrote, but I didn't want to delete it; I kept it to make sure you're being consistent.

Back to TolyK until he votes.

NQT:  Does Hammer count number of players voting or actual number of votes- this question is both for number of votes needed to hammer and the actual reaching of a hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Continues
« Reply #506 on: August 01, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »

Back to TolyK until he votes.
Flabort - TolyK
He already did, he targeted me and he's Unable to Vote.
The Cyan Menace

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 01, 2014, 10:12:34 pm »

Okay, I'll grant derping out on that one.

Persus then, same reason.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Continues
« Reply #508 on: August 02, 2014, 12:53:09 am »

Geez I feel like Job. Whoever gets the reference is awesome.
Did you just make a biblical reference?

*applauds*

That's not a commonly known story.
It is here!
And I can remember it thoroughly.

More ninjas!
Quickie - I could not quickhammer anyone tomorrow, or possibly the day after that either. What would be bad if I claimed tomorrow?
O__o
'Could'?
That's a...strangely appropriate-like word to use.

OK, I'm just going to out and say it.
I think TolyK is the owner of the Scarlet mask. And is Scum.
:O
...My read on TolyK was leaning scum~ [/push push~]
Anyway, seriousness coming back.

TolyK
I shouldn't be surprised, this isn't the internet, this is bay12...

Not going to comment on the reference yet, but this is what I've got. I've reread, and...
I actually forgot that Scripten is nearly-confirmed town. That kinda forced me to rethink this a bit.

Which is why I think that flabort is the scummiest, with Reverie and 4mask successively less. It might be a good idea to rolecop Scripten just in case, but that's up to whoever.

Lynching Varee is a mediocre idea, but possible to do.

Also, this is my original post on the matter.
TolyK, Persus13, and Scripten: You are the last three players with a vote who haven't used them.  Who do you think is a member of the scumteam?  Vote that person.  I know it's kind of hypocritical of me to say this, but remember that the vote is one of the town's most powerful weapons.  Use it wisely, but do not squander it.
Almost definitely at least one of Varee, you (4mask), flabort.
Nah. I'm not sure I want everyone to know how many votes I have so far, and I don't see it changing any outcome that I'm not against. So, I'm using it wisely and not squandering it.
Now tell me, have I done anything wrong within this point of view? I've been stubborn in not yelling, that's what. And don't you give me any bs that I could quick-hammer anybody without being questioned or stopped beforehand.

Ninja'd! Wait, what?
This whole post dude. You're throwing out statement by statement without any answer to the intangible question of 'why should this happen'.
Scripten is tied with Varee and pretty much tied in both logic and name to him. Which would make a powercop on him...pretty useless unless he's lying for Varee :V

Because if one of them lies, the other can safeguard and counter it. Unless they're both bloody scum.
Which I doubt.

Holy shit it's 2 am here. And it's my birthday already. And I'm playing mafia on the internet.
I need to get a life...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~
May you have many more to come :))
But you're blaming us on the last statement? I need to get a life?
That sounds insulting more to us (well, to me) than on your part since this is the first instance in your whole career that you said that -___-

Oh wow. Um.
First of all, thanks. :p

You obviously hit scum, 4% chance of vigilante I would say by gut.
You still need to be tested. Anyone have a spare AIDSTEST diskette with them?

Now, uh. The part I was referencing was actually the party where Job argues with the other men for a long time and stubbornly keeps to his righteous ways.

Well. I am Chrome.

And I am confused as hell.
Did anyone switch masks? Especially Chrome?
Nyuh?
Problem, dude. The idea of being righteous here does not compute. Any backstory we've had to validate such a characteristic to our person is dropped at the start of every game, wherein we don our role or our 'mask' (teehee, NQT~) and assume that guise instead.

...Man, here I was thinking you had a deeper reference. -_-
Why'd you say you are Chrome again?

flabort
Thanks for using that vote TolyK!
No so thanks for it's on me, but whatevs.
Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
OK, I'm just going to out and say it.
I think TolyK is the owner of the Scarlet mask. And is Scum.
Flabort, what do you mean by this?

OK, it's been bugging me for some time that nobody else besides scripten has claimed to be victim to a Changeling attack. Because I happen to be a Free Innate Changeling. This makes me a Plague Doctor; with a prefix that seems to change based on what else I have. I took Non-Voter and a couple other flaws, but I don't have those now. I wasted my first action on a non-existant mask, but my free-action was on Scarlet.

I managed to Changeling someone with a Kill. I believe this is the reason for no Scum Kill today, is that I took Scum's Kill away (with flavor about a hanky-wrapped stiletto). I also gave that Scum non-voter, so "I took everything they have". Hence his Job reference. I did NOT give them dense or mercenary, so whoever I hit (TolyK) will eventually recover.

When I said "I would have wasted an action anyways", I meant that one of the flaws on the person I hit was Intermittent. So even if I hadn't wasted the action, hitting the intermittent person means that I couldn't have used a second action because I have that now.

I have plans to changeling Ultramarine later when I have something that won't cripple Scripten more than he already is; take his flaws from him so that he doesn't have to suffer them. Which is why I argued against cleansing Scripten.
Que?
Wait...Free Innate Changeling makes one copy that is free/innate, right?
So you can forever-ever-eeever~ changeling others?
Because
x/2 - Innate- (An innate power cannot be stolen, swapped, recycled or Changeling'd
is confusing in that context o_o

Also why're you targeting Ultramarine? Why target Scripten (unless I'm confusing this with his mask, rushing this post because arghh slept too long in lucid dream because tired to death yesterday :X)

Varee
Well  quikie post
I pick ultramarine using my test taking skill of the longest answer is the best chpice so yeah.....

Claiming changeling is something tjat is very situational
If i get a towny power and aomr one claim, i decided that i will claim to get them off as well i feel bad for them...

If it is a weird set of power nd they claim, i would try get a full claim bwfore saying so.
If they stay quiet i would probaly not claim depending on the power, if o find hidden kill or something i woild probably clim etc
Pfp
O__o
I can't word the first sentence right :x
Could you reword the orange?

-snip Job's Story-

He was nearly dead, and arguing with a group of men, as far as I remember.

-snip-
...You should remember harder ._.
Because vaguely referencing a darn huge story has tons of implications.

Flabort again

I sent in my action on July 24, 10 AM.
It was processed on July 24, 11 AM, according to my PMs. It also had the slightly funny but momentarily alarming typo of NQT forgetting to copy-paste my Free-Innate-Changeling back into my ability list, which was apologized for and fixed.
The scum before being changeling'd was
Kill (-6), Cleanse (-2), Flexible (-2), Hardcore (+1), Intermittent (+2).

Cleanse was probably meant to interact with Magnetic so that it cleans Intermittent off, but it cleaned Magnetic off instead, I'm guessing.

We have four people who have or might have nonvoter as far as I know right now: TolyK, 4mask, Toaster, and Persus.
I still think it's TolyK. It could feasibly be Persus though, and possible either 4mask or Toaster is lying about something.
Que?
Before being changeling'd...I see no Nonvoter.
Why are you poking at nonvoters when you see the above?
Also you lost me a bit when you said the one you changeling'd is scum. It could very well be a vigilante also...
I mean, aye, the lack of someone speaking on that hypothetical behalf is concerning but...still. On a small note, it could be a vigilante ._.

TolyK
I recommend you don't kill me, as I think I can prove something important at the beginning of tomorrow.
We have until Monday, heh.

Query: Who asked about intermittent and it being good for whom? I remember that being a question that was asked in rvs.
....You're seriously using a 'I can prove something tomorrow' voucher?
Why?

I recommend you don't kill me, as I think I can prove something important at the beginning of tomorrow.

Prove what, how? There's no reason to play so damn secretively.
There is, actually...
I may have given out my mask, and thus might be screwed over by mafia. I don't want to have any specifics out yet, but if I can't prove it you'll have good ground for lynching me tomorrow.
Actually how? You claimed your mask, and presuming you weren't changeling'd, still have the same power combo you have (which I do not recall you claimed; ever)

How screwed are you compared to me? :I What do you think about when I claimed my mask?
Make sense of the orange part.

Well then, Mr. Wolf, how do I know that a certain someone with blatant targeted themselves within the last few hours? It will be visible on day end. Did you have blatant attached, and did you really action Scarlet?
What?
I'm staring at the orange part and fumbling with how it makes sense with the next sentence.
Day end hasn't even arrived.
ow do you even know....whatever was that?

FLABORT ARGH writing posts post-by-post is x_x
I've already posted what I used to have and what I have now, and Blatant was nowhere in them.

Me BeforeMe now
Free Innate Changeling (10)Free Innate Changeling (10)
Inflate (1)Kill (6)
Afflicted (-2)Cleanse (2)
Hardcore (-1)Flexible (2)
Unable to vote (-2)Hardcore (-1)
Intermittent (-2)
-----------------------
Scarlet beforeScarlet now
Kill (6)Inflate (1)
Cleanse (2)Afflicted (-2)
Flexible (2)Hardcore (-1)
Hardcore (-1)Unable to Vote (-2)
Intermittent (-2)

I don't see how Blatant has anything to do with the current case?

PPE: Yeah, go to sleep. You're making less sense than usual.
...Why do you need a Free- upgrade to Changeling if you Innate'd it?

Does the free make you be able to use Changeling TWICE IN A DAY and never lose your changeling capability?
I am confus x_x

Blehh stopping my read here because lunch.
Yeah I slept that long despite sleeping in around 12~ish hours ago.

4mask
This post says you're crazy :V
Because people can only target masks and not other people directly unless they're scum, because scum kills would go DOHOHOHO I THROW IT AT THE RAINBOW~
Yeah...Innocence through random shooting?
Also the 'more to it' was either an /abbr thing (which is obvious :^) or you mean NQT has sekrit context that you both discussed and are now flopping it over in public because mwahaha.

Also
holy shit this day 1
With the expletives cut out.

@Toaster: My vote is proven already (see: Before :P)
I did not pick Non Voter.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 02, 2014, 03:24:50 am »

Oh ffs, stupid deleted posts. Ugh.

I did not in any way mean to offend any of these players. I just meant that I've been spending too much time in mafia lately. And thanks.

Current full given claim.

I am Chrome. Have "blatant", targeted myself today. This will be seen at day end (though I initially thought it would be instantaneous, whatever). Thus, I could not have been changeling'd this day and know what is going on.  I have no vote.

In my eyes, Tiruin, I am completely right, while in your eyes I am wrong. This is what I was referencing.
I haven't even read the whole bible once, I'm currently in the midst of it.

Also of note, it will be proven today, but not before the lynch./
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 64