Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 122927 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #930 on: August 17, 2014, 07:04:23 pm »

Look for a horse. If I find one, ride it toward [the plot pointed location]. Look for an oasis.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 17, 2014, 07:31:37 pm »

"How can you say these things when you know many of this generation had foreign grandparents? They may not remember, but should they ever find out, the tribe will surely be at war with itself with these ideas growing amongst them. And they could find out. We may keep the secret, but if they are frenzied and look for evil spirits amongst themselves, they may notice the noses, the eyes, and the hands that are different."
"You see this world around us. What are these outsiders but demons."

Collect a few tribesmen and anoint them as holy warriors.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Nunzillor

« Reply #932 on: August 17, 2014, 07:31:53 pm »

Chantututu dancefully asks the din-nehru to assist Great Thinker Lanku with planting the seeds.  Then they can share in the bounty!  Unless of course we decide to kill them.  Leave that last part out, though.

Chantututu decides to get some more opinions before determining what he should do.  He seeks the wise shaman, and through dance asks her if there is any hope for the din-nehru.  Can they somehow redeem themselves or are they forever anathema to the First Tribe?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:04:04 pm by Nunzillor »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 17, 2014, 08:07:49 pm »

Chantututu dancefully asks the din-nehru to assist Great Thinker Lanku with planting the seeds.  Then they can share in the bounty!  Unless of course we decide to kill them.  Leave that last part out, though.

Chantututu decides to get some more opinions before determining what he should do.  He seeks the wise shaman, and through dance asks her if there is any hope for the din-nehru.  Can they somehow redeem themselves or are they forever anathema to the First Tribe?
"To as if there is hope for the din-nehru is to ask if the lion will ignore the wounded gazelle. There is no denying the way the spirits created animals and man, and there is no denying that the din-nehru oppose that creation. They will consume this tribe if given the chance. We must take all action to keep them from having a chance."
My Area

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 17, 2014, 08:47:18 pm »

"How can you say these things when you know many of this generation had foreign grandparents? They may not remember, but should they ever find out, the tribe will surely be at war with itself with these ideas growing amongst them. And they could find out. We may keep the secret, but if they are frenzied and look for evil spirits amongst themselves, they may notice the noses, the eyes, and the hands that are different."
"What has come over you? You would call those amongst us of mixed blood outsiders? You don't plan to reveal their identities do you?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 17, 2014, 08:50:24 pm »

"What has come over you? You would call those amongst us of mixed blood outsiders? You don't plan to reveal their identities do you?"
Arlia shakes her head gently. "I'm sorry old friend, but that event must be lost to time, else our tribe might be. Those of mixed blood are human, there is plenty of evidence for that. The din-nehru would not have lived peacefully among us for so long. Is this not clear by the actions of those we have met?"
My Area

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 18, 2014, 12:13:23 am »

Arlia shakes her head gently. "I'm sorry old friend, but that event must be lost to time, else our tribe might be. Those of mixed blood are human, there is plenty of evidence for that. The din-nehru would not have lived peacefully among us for so long. Is this not clear by the actions of those we have met?"
"I know we hoped to take that knowledge to our deaths. But we can't be sure they won't find out. And if they do, they'll tear each other to pieces now that you've told them of these 'din-nehru.' Please, you must change your tale. It is the only way to be sure."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 18, 2014, 01:02:10 am »

Stupid curse. I need to get it together. Maybe asks my ancestors for advice through a dream or meditation or something.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:53 am »

"I know we hoped to take that knowledge to our deaths. But we can't be sure they won't find out. And if they do, they'll tear each other to pieces now that you've told them of these 'din-nehru.' Please, you must change your tale. It is the only way to be sure."
"They will never find out if we do take this secret to our grave. How could they?"
My Area

Nunzillor

« Reply #939 on: August 18, 2014, 11:01:31 am »

((So is that a private conversation that is happening away from the tribe, or are you just approaching the shaman and talking about it?  Cause the tribal idiot is right next to Arlia right now, I thought, having just danced/spoken to her.  If not happening elsewhere:))

Chantututu, still like standing right there guys ((never said that he left or anything)), is quite surprised by this information.  He immediately left and meditated on it, which involved a lot of dancing.  He pondered what he would do with this troubling info.  Actually, let's just say that he wasn't just standing there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:41:50 pm by Nunzillor »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 18, 2014, 12:26:53 pm »

Saying goodbye to Pallia and promising to return soon, I go to scout lands to the south of our delta.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 18, 2014, 01:14:08 pm »

"They will never find out if we do take this secret to our grave. How could they?"
"Because... the chief knows."

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 19, 2014, 02:05:26 am »

fed up with conraks addiction leave him and find a new mate possibly in the new neighbors
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:49 am »

((Damn I can't believe my crazy old man inventor meddling in science in a tribe with a largely spirit based myths survived this long and even more so that he achieved anything at al worthwhile.))
Spawn as new apprentice great thinker.

[1] You are Zaju, the new apprentice to the Great Thinker Lanku! Or you would be if she didn't tell you to bugger off when you pestered her in order to make her accept you as one. She says you are far too daft to be the new apprentice to the Great Thinker. As well as only twelve years old.

-deleted-

Go two days' worth away, or to the opposite side—whichever is shorter.

[4] You paddle for two days down the coast, getting about a quarter of the way around the entire island. Here you notice that the land is less inhabited, and also significantly wilder, though only a smidgen less suitable for you than the inhabited areas.

Check the soles of our boots for seeds that we may have picked up along our travels. Use any spare seeds we can find laying about, and finish seeding the land.

[1] You check your boots for seeds, and find some, at which point the tribesmen confiscate them and your boots, seeing as they are of good quality and you were sitting down to check already.

Apollo decides to create cages built for capturing animals in hopes of taming for the Tribe. Preferably, rabbits would be the preferred prey for these new cage traps. Also, start creating a rug of some sort from the largest fur available. Stay away from any dangerous men, aka PCs.

[5] Being the master trapper you are, you soon capture a score of the elusive, wild rabbits - they make noise as you move them into the necessary enclosures you have also prepared, but otherwise they seem very much okay with being captured, or at least resigned to whatever fate you intend for them.

[1] You also ruin several of your nicer available pelts after an ill-fated attempt to create a rug.

Honor their decision, and leave, for I am tired of Fish. Allow others of the tribe to come with me or stay, if they wish. Wish the Union good luck

[6] The entirety of the Heads, what's left of them, anyway, follow you as you secede from the tribe, seeing how the Heads appear to be unneeded in this new climate of peace and understanding, and relentless betrayal. So off you go, bidding the Two Tribes good luck, all of the Heads' women and children, and the few remaining warriors, walking into the wild.

[1] Or, rather, the desert, which you find yourselves lost in, several of your weaker tribe members dying of dehydration not too long after you first arrive there.

"Worry not, sir. We'll find something for you yet."

Look for some work for the old man around town. After, pay a visit to a combat trainer. I must ready myself for future adventures.

[2] Nobody seems to want to have the old man working for them, and he currently spends most of his time at home with your sister and her family.

[1] Meanwhile, you find a man that agrees to beat the living daylights out of you in exchange for a few of your goods - he follows up on this with great enthusiasm, and thanks you for the kind offer as he walks off with one of your prized knives.

Gonjabet Uthon understands the guards preventing him from seeing the Despot, as very few common folk do. However, things change when they confiscate Goat. "NOOOO!" Bellows Uthon as he rushes forward to rescue Goat, catching a glimpse of her before being subjected to a series of punches, kicks, elbows and knee-strikes before ultimately being physically thrown down the Palace steps.

Sink into despair as my closest companion is taken away from me, possibly forever. Give up on telling the government of my tale. Head to the nearest Temple, and speak to some of the Clerics. Describe everything in detail, emphasize that the savages to the Far South resemble Saytrs, one of the more malicious devil-beasts that corrupt the world.

Cleric - Akin to priests or Shamans, the lowest level of religious leader. Their direct superiors are High Clerics, who answer to the Divine Council, which is led by the Holy Prophet. To become a Cleric, one is educated and must pass rigorous testing; some of the most gifted Clerics can solve three-digit Addition problems! Clerics are not allowed Concubines, though unlike commoners they are allowed to have an additional "Religious" wife to guide and care for him spiritually, in addition to a secular wife. 

[2] You look rather awful, and thus are barred entrance to the Temple, for fear that you will track in blood and your own filth. The guards are, fortunately, far more polite about the refusal than the Despot's guard, possibly because you look like you've suffered enough today.

Look for a horse. If I find one, ride it toward [the plot pointed location]. Look for an oasis.

[4] You locate a wild horse, but you are very certain that it will be quite difficult to ride it, since you've never tried it before, and ponder if you should even try right now, since a broken limb is something not easily healed around these parts.

Collect a few tribesmen and anoint them as holy warriors.

[6] You collect a few warriors and paint them with special war paint you made from things lying around, claiming that now they are holy and sworn to oppose the din-nehru to an extraordinary degree. They now form a regular guard around the din-nehru staying here, menacing them and extorting whatever supplies they have, including their boots.

[2] The din-nehru refuse on the grounds that they've been mistreated every step of the way here. They would like their boots back at the very least (or at least a more urgent and violent threat to force their compliance, though this is something you realize on your own) before they'd be very inclined to do anything. Lanku, unconcerned with this, begins to designate a new island for burning, clearance and planting, relegating the task of obtaining labor to you, the assistant Great Thinker, Grand Inquisitor and Master of the Dance.

Stupid curse. I need to get it together. Maybe asks my ancestors for advice through a dream or meditation or something.

[2] Your ancestors tell you nothing. It makes sense, considering they never talked much in life, either. As such, togetherness remains elusive, and you remain within your tent and seethe for the foreseeable future. It is fortunate you delegated the important matter to Chantutu, you think. Otherwise you'd be forced to show weakness in public!

Saying goodbye to Pallia and promising to return soon, I go to scout lands to the south of our delta.

[1] You head out to the south, and after a month or so of travel and scouting, find yourself ambushed by a party of southern tribesmen, whoever they may be!

[4] Fortunately, you manage to escape their thrown spears almost unharmed, hiding in the woods until you are sure they are gone. If the din-nehru do exist, these were surely them. Unusually hostile ones at that.

fed up with conraks addiction leave him and find a new mate possibly in the new neighbors

[5] You leave Conrak's household, nobody really blaming you for doing so, and start seeing that charming young trapper Apollo, who seems to be very much afraid of people for some reason, although he grows rather comfortable with you after the first few times you visit him.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 19, 2014, 10:12:09 am »

Walk up to the tribesman in charge, and point to my feet, then points back at me as a whole. I want my boots back. If they give them back, get back to work. If they refuse to comply, then stand around being useless.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 77