Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Secretary- Turn 4  (Read 8212 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Secretary- Turn 4
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2014, 10:31:21 pm »

(( I thought LSP said exploration + Plain not exploration + Pain ))

yeah

do you not quote or something

currency + arithmetic

can i get a joint tia

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2014, 10:34:45 pm »

You can indeed.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:34 pm »

... LSP is in your department.

I don't want this to be interpreted as any of the rejection types but what are you aiming for with that combination?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2014, 10:46:33 pm »

it is literally counting currency

accounting will be important later

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »

Is agreeing passive or does it count as an action? Assuming it is passive, go ahead.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2014, 11:03:30 pm »

... LSP is in your department.
Yes, and I improve of his action. This is not at all my lack of knowledge about who is playing what. Nope.

Currency + People = ?

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2014, 11:07:40 pm »

You might consider trying to do something in addition to making combinations. It seems we can discover actions by performing them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:35 pm »

It does not benefit the civilization to change currency at this point. As a man(?) of the people, I cannot in good consciousness betray the trust placed in me through such a misuse of power.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:51 pm »

... I meant more you can do something that isn't on your list of actions and end up having it turn out to be an action. Last turn I looked around the immediate area and apparently unlocked Research.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2014, 11:16:38 pm »

Hm.

Give flint to soldiers to use to buy fish. Collect the money back from the fisherman to pay for the protection of the soldiers.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:19:17 pm by Remuthra »

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2014, 11:19:04 pm »

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:23:51 pm by sal880612m »

Beta Graphite

• Bay Watcher
  • Finally done watching DOTA2
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2014, 11:32:06 pm »

Guys, I won't be here for the weekend. I'm going to Seattle for the Dota 2 International 2014 so I won't be able to update as fast. But I will still try to keep everyone interested.

(( I thought LSP said exploration + Plain not exploration + Pain ))
Oops...
Tell you what: I'll do that for free next turn for being stupid. So you guys get an additional combination. Ya deal?

Is agreeing passive or does it count as an action? Assuming it is passive, go ahead.
Yes, its passive. I am so bad at explaining things. I'll fix it in the OP.

You might consider trying to do something in addition to making combinations. It seems we can discover actions by performing them.
oops... That's just a operant conditioning mistake on my part. Must have explained it wrong. But this is your guys' first time so I let it slide.
Its more like, if you discover a term that has to do with a concept (exploration loosely) or a modifiable object (currency) then an action might be unlocked along with it.

oOOOOOH, can I be added to the waitlist? Also, PTW.

EDIT: I would like Department of Culture
Sure.
How do the build and hire work? What does quantity mean. Is that flint per hire/build?

Until this turn we didn't have a clean water source. We now where one is now but personally I am hoping to last at least one more turn.
You pick a number and a type of building (usually from your personal terms) and you say "Build 5 Crematories" and it shall be so.
Quantity is:
Quote from: Wikipedia
Quantity is a property that can exist as a magnitude or multitude. Quantities can be compared in terms of "more", "less" or "equal", or, by assigning a numerical value in terms of a unit of measurement.
In easier terms: a number of something. Five cars, two apples, seven dwarves.
Flint per hire/build? Uh, I don't understand this question. You can't hire flint, nor can you build it. I'll change the descriptions to be more relevant to one's department for clarity next turn.
For the water, you drink mud. Like, all of it, dirt and all. It's not good for you but it won't kill you. Cavemen have really strong immune systems. Trust me, I know a caveman, he goes to my school.
Hm.

Give flint to soldiers to use to buy fish. Collect the money back from the fisherman to pay for the protection of the soldiers.
There goes my operant conditioning, out the window...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:07 pm »

oops... That's just a operant conditioning mistake on my part. Must have explained it wrong. But this is your guys' first time so I let it slide.
Its more like, if you discover a term that has to do with a concept (exploration loosely) or a modifiable object (currency) then an action might be unlocked along with it.
Alright, that's what I thought in the first place.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2014, 12:26:09 am »

Just as planned. Now this should create warriors. Hopefully.

Shivs + People = ?

Send 5 scouts into the new plains we found.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2014, 12:52:39 am »

How do the build and hire work? What does quantity mean. Is that flint per hire/build?

Until this turn we didn't have a clean water source. We now where one is now but personally I am hoping to last at least one more turn.
You pick a number and a type of building (usually from your personal terms) and you say "Build 5 Crematories" and it shall be so.
Quantity is:

Okay, that makes sense now. I don't know why I thought differently but at the time I was thinking it was more trade related than production related. So thinking it was more in the nature of setting prices or some such. As I said don't really remember what I was thinking.

I am still new at this and trying to pick things up and figure them out as I go. So in an attempt to clear things up and if it doesn't break any rules give too much information:

My understanding is that at this point there are a few things that affect what happens each turn
Combinations
Actions
Acceptances/Rebuttals/etc..
Responding to your prompts/questions or stating thoughts

and my attempt at an action was treated as belonging to the last category.

All of which adds up to what I am currently trying to do as an action being wrong and instead I should

think/say I wonder what else can be done with clay. Can it be shaped and hardened any other ways? and do Research Clay

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8