Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Secretary- Turn 4  (Read 8185 times)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Secretary- Of Checks and Balances
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 11:21:07 am »

Rocks + Floation

I don't think you can do this without me or NAV agreeing to it. If it doesn't affect what I have already posted I am willing to agree to it, otherwise we'll need to hear from NAV.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 11:25:18 am »

((My idea was exploration+ocean=?.))

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:16 am »

Boats maybe or drowning

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 11:36:41 am »

Boats maybe or drowning
((Maybe you would need to find wood, then wood plus ocean=result, and result+exploration=something.))

Beta Graphite

• Bay Watcher
  • Finally done watching DOTA2
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 01:09:07 pm »

Turn 3

For a while, you have been living off of mud its terrible. Yet it keeps you alive. Precious mud!
There are different types of plants around the area but never had the time to look at anything. Too busy being idle and experimenting.
Settling Down
Your people have stayed here long enough. They want to stay here. They want to find a permanent place to settle as soon as possible. However, the group is undecided.
One group wants to settle near the sea, for its potential.
Another lazier group wants to settle between the desert and sea, not wanting to move from where their sitting.
A minority wants to settle near, if not, in the desert, feeling a strange attraction to it.
One worried group wants to settle somewhere with even more potential than where you are now. Willing wait now and later risk the desert walk.
You must decide now.

Combinations
Rocks+People
You give some rocks carefully to some willing participants. Like you, they experiment with the rocks. After a couple moments, one older woman discovers she can bang the rocks together to make a sound. Pretty soon everyone is smashing their rocks together, making noise. By chance, two young girls happened to bang their rocks in unison. It sounds amazing. Pretty soon, everyone is smashing their rocks in unison. This music brings joy to many people. It will be first of many rock concerts you with have in your tribe.
People+Fishing
You send some people to go fishing. It becomes quite the sport. By noon, the people fishing have grown weary and have stopped. There's not that much fish but you have enough to name a champion fishermen. Now what are you going to do with all this fish?
Back on the shore, while counting the fish, Crazy Jose takes a bite out of the fish. Everyone thinks he's crazy but when they see that meat and blood, natural instincts kick in and soon a feeding frenzy begins. Finally, a source of food besides mud.
Rocks+Flotation
You try to cause the rocks to have flotation but you realize that you have no idea what flotation is! Maybe someone with more expertise in the subject might be able to solve your dilemma.
Death+Property
Unwilling to cause the death of another again, instead you take the dead father out to some land. Unable to claim the land for itself, you claim the land for the corpse. The land gains a sense of purpose within your people, as if the corpse had actually claimed the land. Even the greediest tribesmen dare not to disturb that land. The land is now known as the graveyard.
But with the rotting corpse left to exposure, several large birds from the desert catch wind of the rotting corpse. They swoop down and devour the corpse. The bones were picked clean and scattered randomly around. The remaining birds peck at his skull and spine for the flesh encased in the bone. Though the body was lost, you feel like he would have been better somewhere else, instead of rotting here. As the birds carry his body back to the desert, the tribe feels a collective relief and honor towards the deceased because of the sky burial.
The remaining bones are returned to the orphan Kai, he feels a deep gratitude towards the sky burial.
Ocean+Plain
You have no idea what to do. You can't manipulate the earth yet enough to move the plains and sea together. You try to find a common element about the two but are still confused.
Rocks+Pain
Rocks hurt a lot, as you find out. There has already been one beating within the group, though you try it anyway. Turns out rocks are faster at causing pain than fists, who knew? You stop before you traumatize another child.
You try the other way around, trying to ease pain with the rocks. It wasn’t very effective. You continue standing there holding a rock to a bruise on a child, nothing else happens. You decide this was a waste of time.
Rocks+Rocks
You smash some rocks together, all kinds of rocks. They don't really do anything. Finally, after smashing two shiny black rocks together, a bright light appears! Amazed, you show your people your newfound magic trick. They are all impressed by the sparks. You call your new magician's tools: flint.
People+People
You hurry two random people together and observe their actions. At first, it gets really quiet, then they stare into each other’s eyes. Then they begin to cuddle. Then they begin to kiss. Then they kiss some more. Then they fall back into the grassy patch of land. Then they…. You regret not putting up barriers around them. In fact, you should have moved them away from the camps view.
Word gets out and this activity becomes the new favorite past time. Its dubbed sex.

Actions
Scout
You send some scouts off in some general direction towards the desert, it will be a while until they return with what they found.

Spoiler: Forumite's Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Army Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Departments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: General Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defense Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Production Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Science Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Culture Terms (click to show/hide)
~
Spoiler: Defense Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:00:47 pm by Beta Graphite »

Beta Graphite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Secretary- Turn 3
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 01:17:42 pm »

FaQ
You should be able to change the title by modifying the OP. Modify button is in top right of the post.

I meant more towards winning or losing. I can see a few possibilities from the OP.

-Everyone tries to undermine everyone will fulfilling win condition.
-Each Department tries to undermine the others will fulfilling win condition.
-We all work together to get all win conditions. Unlikely as there can only be one winner.

It's mostly the there can be only one winner that is confusing me. Not sure if it means department or player.

Edit: My best suggestion for the title at the moment would be Forumites - A Tribal Council Game - Turn Three

The win conditions actually came from a group I was working with who thought it was stupid that everyone can be winner. So I made up some victory conditions for each of them taking the victory conditions from Civilization 5 and changing it a bit. They got happy and I kept them there.

I won't tell you what they are yet.  ;D

This is the first I actually played with 10 people, so it will be a department that wins, with two winning players. With that said that means this game is a
Multiplayer competitive cooperative civilization simulation strategy game!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2014, 01:21:10 pm »

wow i suck at reading no joke

exploration + plain
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:23:37 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2014, 01:25:59 pm »

Fish + Property

Beta Graphite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2014, 01:26:11 pm »

Sorry if my English is bad, I'll try to edit more. Maybe get a editor. What can I do to improve?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »

You forgot to add music to the culture terms.

Flint + Rock = ?

Recruit 3 more scouts.

Let's wait till our scouts come back, and then we'll decide if we should move.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:34:14 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2014, 01:36:11 pm »

Plain + Property = ?

Get some of the others to gather and pile stones
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:04:19 pm by Comrade Shamrock »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2014, 01:39:56 pm »

Flint + Fishermen

Tell Fishermen that if they catch more fish, we will give them shiny rocks.

((Might get tools.))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:48:15 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »

" They take our death away to the other place. Let us give them an offering, so that they may continue to do so. "

Birds + Fish

" We know how rocks easily cause pain, but still some of you play your deranged rock concerts. Doing so is very dangerous, and I declare sex as a far safer, and even more enjoyable alternative! With this past-time, we are sure to not cause any actions with lasting or important results. "

Recommend "Sex" as a safe alternative to rock-banging "Music"

(( I hope this is what you meant with actions. If this would count as two actions, just recommend it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2014, 02:27:08 pm »

Mud + desert = ?
((Might get pottery.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2014, 02:52:55 pm »

People + Property = ?
(Ask people about their property)

Look at/for plants and creatures in the immediate area.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8