Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Secretary- Turn 4  (Read 8219 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Secretary- Turn 3
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2014, 02:57:24 pm »

Remember to do actions guys. They're useful.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:59:01 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2014, 03:05:32 pm »

We are still in a stage where what we can do is a little unclear and what has what effect.

My goal with stone + stone was to create knapping but I wasn't sure whether saying smash rocks together was an action or just sort of a note on what I was trying to achieve. For that matter I am not sure whether combinations are already set or if trying something with one goal will/could alter it.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »

We are still in a stage where what we can do is a little unclear and what has what effect.
Indeed. As far as I'm aware, we can't do actions until we unlock them.

Beta Graphite

• Bay Watcher
  • Finally done watching DOTA2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »

Turn 4

The scouts have returned! Trekking along the coast until they found something of use. Alas, they came upon another plain, similar to the one you are in. They discover several different wonders. Tall plants that spring from the ground occasionally, rounded plants that had a different color! Large beasts that run from danger. Its all quite fascinating to you. They venture away from the ocean to find more wonders. Soon, they discover no more wonders and proceed eagerly home. However, along the way, they discover an extremely large pool of drinkable water, though smaller than the ocean. They drink the not-mud water and head home, unable to take the fresh water along with them, they change course towards the setting sun. Their journey was too slow with little nourishment and soon one of the scouts dies. They find the ocean and take a gamble to go left, towards the setting sun, hopefully towards camp. It was lucky the two surviving scouts were right.
Do you still want to stay here?

All that sex from before must have done something. A string of pregnancies floods over the women! Congratulations, you got 6 healthy babies! The new addition to the group causes a wave of happiness. You now get 2 new people passively every turn.

Your expertise at leading has unlocked the first of many actions.

Combinations
Flint+Rock
You strike the flint on some rocks. The flint breaks, cutting your self in the process! You mutter an invented swear word as your hand starts bleeding. Looking down at the fragment, you see that the broken flint has a sharp edge with your blood on it. Interested, you make more sharp rocks. When you have enough, you start stabbing the ground, cutting grass as you do. Pleased with your new discovery, you take your pile of shivs back to the camp.
Plain+Property
You try to divide the land into separate different properties. Being careful to keep each area the same space. Giving more land to those more needy and important while subtracting land from those younger or less deserving. Finally calculating how much land was used by taking the length and width of the divided land and... multiplying? You don't know it but you just invented arithmetic.
Flint+Fishermen
You give the fishermen some shiny flint stones. Their eyes bulge at the sight of the rocks. They deal that if you bring them more flint awards to the best fishermen, they will fish more! Exactly how you wanted. You agree and decide to give them flint in return for their fishing services. The flint becomes the first form of currency..
Exploration+Pain
You tell some kids to explore all they want. When they return satisfied, they are rewarded with pain. This sort of negative reinforcement causes them to despise any further exploration later though.
Fish+Property
You take a caught fish and you stake a bit of land for it. It flops there for a moment then stops. Large birds try to take the smelly thing but you keep them away. Soon, even more birds become attracted, forming a ring around yourself. Everyone else stands back and watches the circle of birds. You start fending off the birds away from the landowning fish. Your attempt is futile as finally one manages to sneak around you and snag the fish. You didn't learn that much besides that these birds seen to have a insatiable appetite for meat.
Mud+Desert
You bring your drinking water mud to the harsh temperatures of the sands. The mud quickly hardens into a rock! However, it crumbles at the touch. You experiment with different types of mud from different areas. Placing each mud sample in different areas of the desert. The best mud rocks, you discovered, comes from the clay farther away from the camp. The clay rocks harden the fastest and are the strongest out of all the mud rocks. You feel like these bricks could be useful.
People+Property
You put people back into their own properties. They feel relaxed to be back where they claimed their first land. You suddenly have the idea to ask one about their property. He is content with the size of his property but is annoyed that others are so close to his. He also wants to have some sort of barrier between them. His neighbor, Toothpick, keeps staring at him funny for way too long. You acknowledge his advice.
Birds+Fish
You offer the birds your plentiful amounts of fish. They graciously accept your offering. The birds feel more comfortable around people. Their roosting spot is now within sight of your camp, the birds occasionally glancing towards the camp looking for any scraps.

Actions
Recruit Scouts 3
You recruit 3 more scouts, they don't seem eager though.
Prioritize Rocks
Your people start collecting rocks en masse. Soon, you have a large amount of rocks. What will you do with them?
Research Plain
You have no idea what you do but you still do it. You take a look at some of the plants and creatures within the immediate area. There are no creatures besides your own kind. However, its incredible how ignorant people can be when they explore the land. You take two samples of plants. One is a dark green plant with no features, it secretes a clear fluid from its leaves. The fluid doesn't seem to cause harm and is very cool to the touch. With further experimentation, the leaf can cause soothing effects on touch. This herb becomes popular among the elderly and laborious.
Another plant is a short leafy plant with small green flowers. Unsure if its useful or not, you give it to Crazy Jose to test if its edible (he's got a good stomach, don't worry). Sure enough, it is. The plant grows pretty far from camp and you could only find so much. The plant is very tasty though some of the children despise it. Because of its rarity, the people names the plant: broccoli.

Spoiler: Forumite's Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Army Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Economy Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Departments (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: General Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defense Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Production Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Economic Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Science Terms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Culture Terms (click to show/hide)
~
Spoiler: Defense Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Production Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Economy Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Science Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Culture Actions (click to show/hide)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Secretary- Turn 4
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2014, 08:20:07 pm »

Bricks + Property

Build some sort of structure out of bricks on my own land.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »

Plants + sparks = ?

Research plants.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2014, 08:39:51 pm »

Herb + Pain = ?

Place a large stone in the desert and pack a thin-ish layer of clay around the top of it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:18:18 pm by sal880612m »

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2014, 08:49:54 pm »

Broccoli+Plain= ?

Build walls using the stones to separate people's land
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:02:33 pm by Comrade Shamrock »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2014, 09:00:02 pm »

((Y'all need water. Historically, travelers through the desert sometimes used animal blood to sate their thirst.))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2014, 09:10:14 pm »

(( I thought LSP said exploration + Plain not exploration + Pain ))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2014, 09:13:48 pm »

((Y'all need water. Historically, travelers through the desert sometimes used animal blood to sate their thirst.))
We haven't got hunters and we haven't got animals under our care but we do have fish. Ironically, the only source of fresh water is in the desert. I don't suppose anyone has a bucket?

I also suggest we move south-west along the coast to the other area of grassland.
Mind you this does mess up the property market. It also messes up my wall idea. Right who's carrying the stone?

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2014, 09:19:06 pm »

How do the build and hire work? What does quantity mean. Is that flint per hire/build?

Until this turn we didn't have a clean water source. We now where one is now but personally I am hoping to last at least one more turn.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:46 pm »

oOOOOOH, can I be added to the waitlist? Also, PTW.

EDIT: I would like Department of Culture
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:25:46 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2014, 09:21:32 pm »

((You need a department.))

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2014, 09:25:21 pm »

((You need a department.))

[[Fixed]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8