Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107137 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #885 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:41 am »

Well, I have a passable skill in botany, so if it comes to that, maybe we'll be fine. Or maybe not.
Also, I am interested: What is the skill for hunting animals? Rifles/Pistols/Blades/etc., depending on the weapon in question?
And what would be the skill for hunting with bows, if anything? As in, if the expedition members were forced to "go native" in weapon choice for various reasons?

In before: Surviving with a bow to come home alive and with many wondrous animals and samples is more glorious than dying of hunger/being killed by wild animals halfway, right?

Also, how much does the fishing pole weigh? For statistics purposes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:33:43 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #886 on: April 27, 2015, 11:35:34 am »

Spoiler: Proposed equipment (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Could also add a fishing pole, if we decide to follow the shore instead. Or just in case we come across a river or some ponds.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:40:42 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 27, 2015, 11:50:32 am »

That means that we have 3,5 bigs left for any equipment we can't carry on our bodies OR any samples we want to bring back. Assuming we capture any large animals or bring back any large samples, it might be a good idea to either take a cart or simply do not fill our weight to 100%.

You can also opt not to bring back one or more humans.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #888 on: April 27, 2015, 11:57:56 am »

Well, I have a passable skill in botany, so if it comes to that, maybe we'll be fine. Or maybe not.
Also, I am interested: What is the skill for hunting animals? Rifles/Pistols/Blades/etc., depending on the weapon in question?
And what would be the skill for hunting with bows, if anything? As in, if the expedition members were forced to "go native" in weapon choice for various reasons?

In before: Surviving with a bow to come home alive and with many wondrous animals and samples is more glorious than dying of hunger/being killed by wild animals halfway, right?

Also, how much does the fishing pole weigh? For statistics purposes.
Finding an animal would be tracking. Killing it would be weapon skill. Bows. Hmm. Probably Rifles, weirdly.

Oh, not much. Maybe 5 small.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 27, 2015, 12:14:46 pm »

GOT IT BACK, THIS IS NIK'S POST
Spoiler: Capacity Calculations (click to show/hide)
Is driving a cart Operate or Animal Handling, by the way?
Spoiler: Commentary (click to show/hide)

What do you say, fellow travelers?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:30:42 pm by piecewise »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #890 on: April 27, 2015, 01:14:05 pm »

Animal handling Nik.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:30:57 pm by piecewise »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 27, 2015, 01:16:59 pm »

Animal handling. I believe it actually says so in the rules under animal handling.

Edit: Fuck, I accidently hit modify instead of quote and didn't notice till I had deleted it all and reposted....fuck

Sorry nik.

The dangers of being a moderator, PW :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 27, 2015, 02:16:06 pm »

You guys came up with a plan while I was asleep.
Oh well, if still possible I'd like to request a Glastchurch .77 instead of the Leestone Repeater, bigger holes are always better right?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 27, 2015, 02:18:14 pm »

You guys came up with a plan while I was asleep.
Oh well, if still possible I'd like to request a Glastchurch .77 instead of the Leestone Repeater, bigger holes are always better right?

Unless you are talking about holes made in your precious self, obviously, yes.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 27, 2015, 02:28:00 pm »

Unless you are talking about holes made in your precious self, obviously, yes.
Well... I'd be more likely to get in the history books!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 27, 2015, 02:29:34 pm »

Piecewise, is there such thing that some guns cannot be fired from horseback? Specifically can both Glastchurch and Leestone Repeater be fired that way? If neither of those can, can some sort of carbines be introduced to the armory list?

@Egan_BW Hmmm. I went with Repeaters primarily because I assumed they can be fired from horseback (unlike more powerful Glastchurch rifles), but I can see that reworked. That's the reason I want to hear everyone's ideas and comments on my suggested equipment list, after all. Anything else in particular?
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #896 on: April 27, 2015, 03:04:31 pm »

Piecewise, is there such thing that some guns cannot be fired from horseback? Specifically can both Glastchurch and Leestone Repeater be fired that way? If neither of those can, can some sort of carbines be introduced to the armory list?

@Egan_BW Hmmm. I went with Repeaters primarily because I assumed they can be fired from horseback (unlike more powerful Glastchurch rifles), but I can see that reworked. That's the reason I want to hear everyone's ideas and comments on my suggested equipment list, after all. Anything else in particular?
You can fire them from horseback

And no, lever action repeaters are the peak of tech in terms of firing quickly. No ak47's for you

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 27, 2015, 03:11:46 pm »

...He didn't say anything about automatic weapons.
A carbine is just a shorter rifle.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 27, 2015, 03:13:50 pm »

@Piecewise Ah, good. And why did you think I was asking for ak47's or something? I just meant shorter, cavalry-version guns designed for firing from horseback; those were in use since about late XVII century, I think.
Edit: Yeah, what Egan said.
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #899 on: April 27, 2015, 03:20:34 pm »

@Piecewise Ah, good. And why did you think I was asking for ak47's or something?

I know you tinker types. Sure, it's a shorter repeater at first, but by the time it ends you're gonna have guided rocket launchers!

Also, why are you using roman numerals for centuries?  We got rid of roman numerals because they're unwieldy bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 85