Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO IC  (Read 7719 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO IC
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2014, 08:20:47 pm »

"Yeah." He got the feeling she didn't know. "It's just, I'm on some kind of mission and the first step was coming to you."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 08:22:58 pm »

Keep following this person. Observe what do they look like, what are they doing, what do they have equipped?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 08:36:50 pm »

"No idea, I plan to show you lot how to fight at the moment I have no idea how to play music.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 08:42:23 pm »

"No idea, I plan to show you lot how to fight at the moment I have no idea how to play music."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 08:48:54 pm »

"Hmm." Joe took out his guitar. He saw it looked almost exactly like his real one, but in much better condition. Preparing to tune it, he strummed it experimentally a few times.

First, he noticed it was already tuned.
Second, he noticed tiny arcs of electricity between the strings as he strummed.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2014, 09:48:54 pm »

"......How am I so bored already? I just started this game. Fuuuuuuuck." Go off in search of a quest giver. Or like.....quest item.
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 10:16:40 am »

Cado~?
You know, this almost invariably happens in my games, where I have to wait days at a time for someone's action.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2014, 10:43:51 am »

Search for some basic quests that involve killing things.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »

((Still not back yet.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2014, 09:31:38 pm »

Due to an unforeseen incident, Rozen ended up lying in his chair groaning after his best friend just hung up, explaining an unforeseen accident involving a rather annoying baby sister that rendered him unable to join Rozen in trying out this new MMO.

"Meh, might as well try this thing out alone first, anyways." he plugged his rig on and got ready, and logged in.

"..."

"A rabbit person? Seriously?"

'Moon' observed his alchemist body which his friend had registered for him. He had to give him some credits, because it really look like what he would have appeared if he was a rabbit person. It resembled his real life counterpart save for the leporine features... and a slightly more supple body.

"It's cute... I guess?"

Moon groaned, lamenting the fact that he knew nobody would take someone who resemble a girly-looking 15 years old boy seriously. That, or they'll think he's a pedophile in disguise.

Greet the people in Global Chat, ask for tips for an alchemist, recipes, yadda yadda
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2014, 06:47:15 am »

To state the obvious, this whole "VR" thing was new to Case - as were video games in general, and especially being a diminutive elf! After a deep breath of that fresh, virtual air - well, close enough, at least - he immediately checks what's in his inventory!
You check your inventory, and aside from some basic clothes, you find;
Old Wooden Bow
Lv. 1
10 STR
9 DEX
2-handed
Ranged Weapon
A rather old, low-quality bow.
Usable Projectiles: Lv.1 Arrows.
Special Properties: None

Leather Quiver
Back
Storage
A quiver made of leather.
Capacity: 10 Arrows

Wooden Arrows
Projectile for: Bows
Lv.1
Arrows made completely out of wood, save for the feathers.
1-12 Damage.

Also, 50gp.

Put on a ridiculous chivalric accent befitting the auspicious occasion of my first speaking ingame and ask the following questions:

1. Where can i find some level appropriate quest givers.
2. Where can i sell loot and buy equipment.
3. What are the general types and strengths of the enemies in tge surrounding areas.
4. Are there any mines or dungeons nearby.
5 Where is the nuetral city.

once i have my answers head out of the city and engage in combat with the local wildlife, preferably near another player who may have bitten off more than they can chew.

Also grab any kill boar/goblin quests on the way out of town.

"People in this town have all sorts of problems! If you want to help someone, just ask!"
"You can buy and sell items in the Market district!"
"The most common enemies around here are boars. They're really irritating!"
"Nah, no dungeons around here, not since the last war."
"The neutral city? That's somewhere north of here... I'm not entirely sure where though. Maybe you should ask someone else?"

Kyle goes up and logs into the game.
You log into the game, make a character etc. Upon getting to the town selection screen, you are surprised to see there are not towns for tainted beings. You pick the neutral town, and spawn. You see some people talking about... something.

Check what quests or group events are participle at the moment. If i can't find anything on those events send a message back to the unknown player to ask for their location.
You send a message to this Cressenda person, asking for their location.

Due to an unforeseen incident, Rozen ended up lying in his chair groaning after his best friend just hung up, explaining an unforeseen accident involving a rather annoying baby sister that rendered him unable to join Rozen in trying out this new MMO.

"Meh, might as well try this thing out alone first, anyways." he plugged his rig on and got ready, and logged in.

"..."

"A rabbit person? Seriously?"

'Moon' observed his alchemist body which his friend had registered for him. He had to give him some credits, because it really look like what he would have appeared if he was a rabbit person. It resembled his real life counterpart save for the leporine features... and a slightly more supple body.

"It's cute... I guess?"

Moon groaned, lamenting the fact that he knew nobody would take someone who resemble a girly-looking 15 years old boy seriously. That, or they'll think he's a pedophile in disguise.

Greet the people in Global Chat, ask for tips for an alchemist, recipes, yadda yadda
You greet people in the Global Chat, and ask for tips for an alchemist. Strange... zero replies? Has nobody picked alchemist as their class? That's kind of weird...

"......How am I so bored already? I just started this game. Fuuuuuuuck." Go off in search of a quest giver. Or like.....quest item.
You go off in search for a quest giver. After some walking, you come across an NPC, giving out a quest to save their child, a 4-year old boy walking on the roof. And he's coming closer to the edge... shit.

Keep following this person. Observe what do they look like, what are they doing, what do they have equipped?
They look like your average demon, horns, tail, red skin, you get the idea. They're running down an alley, obviosuly going somewhere. They have an iron shortsword equipped, as well as some chainmail and and armour on their tail.

Search for some basic quests that involve killing things.
You find a quest from some NPC that requires you to kill 5 Giant Bees.

Seeing the boars come at him, he stopped and froze in fear. He looked out, and he saw that twelve of them came at him. He was going to need help for this quest. He looked at the chat for a quick second to see if there was anyone broadcasting a message about the boars.

No one was broadcasting about the boars. Shit. He started to quickly walk away when he saw a message pop up about joining a guild. Locating one of the people sending the message, he noticed that he was out of the Peaceful Meadows. Hopefully that was out of range from the boars.

He looked at the other person. He smiled at him, then he realized that he couldn't see his face beneath his helmet. "I hear that you have a guild?" He asked the player.
"Yes. Yes I do. You wanna join? You seem like the kind of guy we need... the rest of the people who applied are just rangers."

Locate the nearest mine by finding an information broker to converse with, tell the rookie 3 to come meet me at the edge of town and resend the message every 5 minutes or so to see if anyone else is interested. Appraise the rookies discreetly when they arrive paying close attention to body language and facial expression.
You find some NPC who informs you that the nearest mine is approx. 3 miles south of this town. You meet some guy interested in Metal, and wander towards the edge of town while talking with him. You eventually reach the edge, only to find the rookies have yet to arrive. You are sending the message every 5 minutes, when a message shows upin front of you.
WARNING
Please stop spamming, or you will be kicked from the server. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:46:52 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2014, 07:25:59 am »

"I thank you sir for your assistance, ill see what i can do about those boars." speaks Galvus to the NPC before leaving with a wave.

Turning away from the man Galvus then swipes his finger upwards using the wave to disguise the ridiculous motion required to open the menu and begins scrolling through the interface. As he is familiarising himself with the various windows he quickly inspects his inventory and skill trees.

Once finished he works his way out of the city stopping only long enough to buy a pickaxe if he can afford one, then proceeds to attack the first boar in sight.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:49:41 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2014, 12:32:17 pm »

Joe looks at Crescenda. At this point he was starting to think she was only interested in the literal kind of Metal. "So... you want me to go clear out a mine?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2014, 12:34:44 pm »

Kyle frowns.
"Well, that's a bit shit, what kind of MMO doesn't have race based starting towns, this is basic WoW stuff."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2014, 12:54:54 pm »

"Do you want to join my guild?"

Ask the guy I'm following if he wants to join my guild.
Check inventory.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5