Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO IC  (Read 7725 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO IC
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »

Cado, where are you~?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 04:37:32 am »

Register and create my character, select the neutral town as spawning location, use global chat to send the following message.

" To any new players, I would like to invite you all to join me in the neutral town to form a guild in which I will be happy to assist all of you with getting to grips with the game and help you out in any way I can. "
You register, and create your character. You then pick your equipment in the equipment selection screen. You are then placed in front of the town selection screen, and without a second thought, you pick the Neutral town, aka The City of Peace.
You spawn in the town square, an odd name considering it is circular, and notice the many arches leading to the town's many districts. You ignore this for the most part, and send out a message, almost immediately getting responses.
Leprechaun: Mind helpin me?
DeathMace1: I want help 2.
GamerOfGames: Yo, I wnt me some help.

Kyle contemplates just jumping right in but instead goes to get some actual breakfast beforehand.
You go downstairs and eat a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and some tea with your family. It's very filling, which is always nice.

Register account, begin questioning players and NPC's about the starting area and its surroundings.

Participate in starting event if there is one.

You register, create a character, select your equipment, and pick the human town.
You then approach an NPC who seems to be providing information to other player, who leave.
What questions do you have?

Register and see if there are any ongoing celebrations due to game start.
You register, make your character, select your equipment and select the human town as your starting town. There are no celebrations, but you notice a guy with longish brown hair talking to an NPC, along with some other players chatting in a corner. This place seems... empty.

Register. Start following random people in game.

Adjust stats
15 str
10 spd
17 dex
3 con
5 luck

Register, create character, yadda yadda. You pick a demon town for your starting location, and start following random people in-game. One person in particular, who was heading out and looked like he knew what he was doing struck you as interesting, so you decide to follow him. You are soon in an alley. You also notice a message in the global chat saying that some player would be happy to help any players.

Food is for sissies - register right away... After turning on some music"
You turn on some music, which is promptly drowned out the moment you VRH fully activates. You register, create character, yadda yadda, and pick the neutral town as your starting point. Upon logging in, you notice someone by the username of Cresenda sending out a message that she would be happy to assist anybody in-game. Strange.

Wake up in some VR game, not remembering anything from the last 14 hours.

Groan from hangover.
You wake up in an alleyway, and promptly notice the weird studded jacket on you, a green rectangle with the words HP under it, that there's a message floating in front of you, stating that someone would be willing to help any newbs get the grips of the game.
You groan.

Register an account for the game...Find the nearest meetup in whatever town you spawned in.
Yadda Yadda, create character, spawn in human town. You notice some players chatting in the corner, and someone talking with an NPC.
Duncan saw the log in screen, his mind was a little numb from playing Star Craft earlier. He looked at the options, MMOs weren't really is thing and he was doing this just to hang out with his friends a bit more. He looked at the register option, wondering if this three hundred dollar headset was worth it.

He sighed, and he chose to register. When he finished, he remembered that his friends had asked him to join Heaven Online, and not Heavell Online. Oops. He thought about it for a bit, he could log in a few hours and learn the basics of an MMO before joining the correct game. He let out a sigh and entered the character creation screen. He figured that this would be a one time deal for him to play, so he designed the character to look like an exaggerated version of himself. Extremely tall, giant build that made him look like the Hulk. Long hair.

He looked at the choices for a class. Fighting the urge to make a thief that looked as sneaky as a drunken grizzly bear, he chose to be a warrior. Looking at the list of things he could take with him as his starting equipment, he chose what he thought would be cool. Not practical, but cool. A flail looked really cool, and with the extra long chain it looked like it could be fun to use, and a helmet that covered the face because he thought he would look cool.

He entered the game world and he saw that he spawned in the middle of a town. Looking around, he saw that he was already in conversation with a game character. Looking at her, he thought that whoever designed her had to be a guy. Armor that didn't actually protect anything, breasts showing, a whip. He decided not to think about that last bit of information.

When she had finished speaking, he noticed a little window popped up telling him that his book had been updated. Reaching for where a book was on his person, he found it. Flipping through the pages, he found where the current quest objective was. He looked at it and he laughed a little, "Kill Ten Boars in the Peaceful Meadows." If they're so peaceful, why are there boars in them? He looked around, seeing a few worried looking players. Deciding not to take notice of them, he set out to slay the monsters.
You set out of town at a slow pace, hoping to kill some monsters for your quest. You follow the minimap in the corner of your eye, and follow it to get to the Peaceful Meadows. Upon arrival, you notice something. Like the sheer amount of monsters there. That had to be at least a 100 boars there! And, as you moved slightly closer, a fairly large amount of them noticed you, and have started moving towards you at a steady pace.
Shit.

Jacob: "Alright day's off, new game is here. Let's see what this new genre is all about."

Login, yadda yadda, spawn in human town. You observe the people there, as well as the fact that someone sent a message out, informing all players that he/she would help them get the grip in this games.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 04:50:02 am »

meh, missed my chance again.

not sure if i should waitlist when the game will probably end before i ever get to play.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 04:53:45 am »

Wrong game. Ops.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:26:14 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 04:57:50 am »

To state the obvious, this whole "VR" thing was new to Case - as were video games in general, and especially being a diminutive elf! After a deep breath of that fresh, virtual air - well, close enough, at least - he immediately checks what's in his inventory!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:04:46 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 04:59:03 am »

Meet up with them and assets the skills and kit of each. Repeat the message every few minutes.
Umm....
Who are you?
I don't have your character sheet or anything.
Unless you're PewdsRocks?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 05:01:00 am »

meh, missed my chance again.

not sure if i should waitlist when the game will probably end before i ever get to play.
Whoops, just noticed you.
And you don't know that ;)
Besides, currently, at least for this game, I should be able to handle up to, let's say, 12 players. Especially if I write the turns up way in advance.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 05:02:40 am »

i guess i'll reserve and make a character when i'm feeling less grouchy then.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:32 am »

i guess i'll reserve and make a character when i'm feeling less grouchy then.
'kay.
Mind posting this stuff in OOC? This applies to everyone.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 05:21:14 am »

Put on a ridiculous chivalric accent befitting the auspicious occasion of my first speaking ingame and ask the following questions:

1. Where can i find some level appropriate quest givers.
2. Where can i sell loot and buy equipment.
3. What are the general types and strengths of the enemies in tge surrounding areas.
4. Are there any mines or dungeons nearby.
5 Where is the nuetral city.

once i have my answers head out of the city and engage in combat with the local wildlife, preferably near another player who may have bitten off more than they can chew.

Also grab any kill boar/goblin quests on the way out of town.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:15:17 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 06:23:14 am »

Sorry meant to put it as a standing action in another game but I loaded this by mistake.  I meant to ask to be wait listed in this.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:27:13 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 07:38:29 am »

Kyle goes up and logs into the game.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 09:09:12 am »

Check what quests or group events are participle at the moment. If i can't find anything on those events send a message back to the unknown player to ask for their location.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:05:17 pm by 3man75 »

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 09:58:45 am »

Locate the nearest mine by finding an information broker to converse with, tell the rookie 3 to come meet me at the edge of town and resend the message every 5 minutes or so to see if anyone else is interested. Appraise the rookies discreetly when they arrive paying close attention to body language and facial expression.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:35:10 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 10:37:50 am »

Seeing the boars come at him, he stopped and froze in fear. He looked out, and he saw that twelve of them came at him. He was going to need help for this quest. He looked at the chat for a quick second to see if there was anyone broadcasting a message about the boars.

No one was broadcasting about the boars. Shit. He started to quickly walk away when he saw a message pop up about joining a guild. Locating one of the people sending the message, he noticed that he was out of the Peaceful Meadows. Hopefully that was out of range from the boars.

He looked at the other person. He smiled at him, then he realized that he couldn't see his face beneath his helmet. "I hear that you have a guild?" He asked the player.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5