Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43553 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2014, 12:01:19 pm »

I want to remind everyone who wants to play on nox: only the account creation is region locked, meaning you can bypass it by having someone from the Nox accepted regions make an account for you, then using that account to log in.

Yes, its really dumb, but its how I got access to nox.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2014, 10:19:27 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2014, 10:22:18 pm »

Iop culture
Hey I remember that dance, it was that two-person emote that random guy did with a couple of us while we were sitting outside the tofuhouse a couple days ago.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2014, 10:43:46 pm »

Iop culture

can confirm

(incidentally the wakfu animation, while tenuously connected to the game at best, is actually really really good!)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »

Y'know, following that around a bit led me to the bamboo zombie one, which...

... the panda critters. It. It's actually milk. Like. Not booze. Actually, literally milk. It's not censorship, it's wakfu being bugnuts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »

It used to be alcohol early in Dofus. They just changed it to milk and sort of... went with it. Really really went with it.

Wish they'd just said it was root beer like all their other "not" alcohol stuff honestly.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:49 am »

No... no, I'm sorry. Alcohol loses in the face of zombie murdering milk. Regardless of why they changed, it is now the best change and should stay. If this is what censorship results in, it is an improvement.

"Undead Hunter, the Brew for All Ages! It makes your bones stronger than a raging skeleton rat!"
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2014, 01:40:50 am »

Some useful info I have gathered about spell level mechanics.

Spells are not limited by level, but rather by experience.
You get enough experience to keep 6 spells at level cap
If you have more than 1/3 of your experience(more than 2 spells) invested in one element, further leveling costs twice as much in that tree
This means you could either get 6 spells by getting 2 from each of the 3 elements, 5 spells if you get 3 in one element and 2 from one or two other elements, or only 4 if all your spell experience is in one element.

Spell level boosts your damage and resistance to that element, here is the formula:
(1st highest spell LV * 0.30)+(2nd highest spell LV * 0.35)+(3rd highest spell LV * 0.05)+(4th highest spell LV * 0.01)+(5th highest spell LV * 0.02)= Elemental Mastery LV/elemental damage and resist boost.

From this info you can see that you get greatly diminishing returns on investing in more than two spells per element. This allows tri-element builds to be viable while keeping single-element builds' power in check.

It is usually a better idea to have 3 spells from you main element and 2 spells from a single other element to get the most out of a build that will be able to deal with enemies with a high resistance to an element. Your 4th spell in a single element has to be a a major game-changer to make up for the loss of two spells and all that lost elemental damage and resistance. Single-element builds are viable, just much more limited in their usefulness and versatility.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2014, 02:18:52 am »

I want to check this out but the region locks seem complicated.

As someone in the US what loops am I gonna have to jump through to play with you all?

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2014, 03:18:53 am »

I want to check this out but the region locks seem complicated.

As someone in the US what loops am I gonna have to jump through to play with you all?

You'll be just fine. Create an account and go! You are in the US region anyway so you get to play on Nox (where everyone but me is) by default.
Have fun!

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2014, 03:21:42 am »

Wow... This is actually pretty good!

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2014, 03:38:06 am »

So since it seems i am the only one playing an ecafilp i have made an introductory post to ecas, spoiler'd for size.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:50:28 am by Astfgl66 »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2014, 06:18:48 am »

I played a bunch of the Dopple Dopple Revolution game and recorded 20 of the times I've played to see if there is a pattern I could crack.
I couldn't find any pattern, but I did learn that whatever code they're using for it is malicious. At least I came out with 7 emotes, which apparently sell for 10k each.
Here's the thing, for those interested:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2014, 10:51:10 am »

I got the impression during the two ecaflips I tried, that they really shine at later levels. They kind of need a lot of skillpoints invested to tilt the odds in their favor. In the early game at least earth is all over the place, and water's damage is kind of low.

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2014, 11:08:31 am »

I got the impression during the two ecaflips I tried, that they really shine at later levels. They kind of need a lot of skillpoints invested to tilt the odds in their favor. In the early game at least earth is all over the place, and water's damage is kind of low.

This is true.
Basically, you need those passive maxed. So before 21 where you can max your "main" passsive skill your damage is kind of meh.
Water is especially lackluster early because you need to cast fleas to stack the damage bonus and with low AP/Range/MP/Skill level it takes a really long time but later on you can be done in two turns and start to shine (the life stealing fleas are great, and the skill that allows you to pounce on foes is awesome damage).

Earth gets its randomness reduced a bit by levelling tarot and the ability to draw another card in case of crippling effects from bad draws. To be fair i never tried an earth eca so i can't really provide good insight on how they work, if it's anything like dofus, its early levels are rough because your main damage ability can also heal the enemy and you don't have the mobility to engage kiting foes.

Fire is okay at lower levels but gets really great when you start stacking some dmg and critical hits. Multi hitting (x3) 200 dmg crits from Die Alright is bound to be spectactular and i did it by level 30.

I'm having tons of fun playing my fire ecaflip right now and i'm still kinda low level (46) so it's all up to taste i guess.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28