Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43561 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2014, 01:58:43 am »

*derp double post, ignore/delete*
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2014, 03:15:53 am »

Good to see ya! Be sure to mention your IGN if you do want to be invited. This goes for everyone wondering, it makes my job a lot easier.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:22:12 am by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:36 am »

We've broken into level 4 I believe it is! Resists for clan bonuses are coming up and next level the very first upgrade I purchase will be the chest one so we can finally throw junk we don't want in there.

We can technically auction for haven worlds currently but I get the feeling we don't have the money for that right now. Feel free to look into it.

Just a bit of guild news.

As a side note my altitis continues to rage and I may well be making another new character. Similarly there's been a drop in invite activity so we're officially letting in as many characters as you like. IF you want an alt invited just post the name in the thread. do note alts will be the first to be booted in the event of space issues, should they occur, so it's still good to keep a "main" in mind for if that occurs.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2014, 12:13:29 am »

I haven't been posting any character names because I'm trying out various classes at the moment. I thought I'd play Osamodas and I like some of the reworked mechanics, but nobody wants them in a party because they don't really have much in terms of support and their stupid AI pets get in the way and break people's line of sight.  :(
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:15:55 am by Ygdrad »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2014, 12:14:25 am »

What is up with me and clicking the quote button instead of edit lately, twice in a row I did it >.>

I almost did it a third time... I need coffee
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:16:27 am by Ygdrad »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2014, 12:21:57 am »

Right, not a problem, just giving people a headsup!

Osas can be very good but it's very true that later on in the game you really need to take direct control of a single animal, because the sort've annoying "breaks line of sight" problem is then further complicated by dungeon gimmicks that can quickly shred carelessly moving things, from what I hear.

Summon Osas are perfectly respectable despite this, and if they ever get a chance to use all of their control at once they have an incredible amount of weight on the field, but that gets notably harder as time goes on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2014, 09:37:33 am »

Summon osas really do depend a lot on +1 control equipment right now, and atm they're mostly only dropped in a few dungeons, so if you aren't willing to make a commitment, might as well steer clear of them for now. It took me a while to get the stuff I need to get back to full summon power and even then I can only wear said stuff at level 61.

Enutrofs seem fun and pretty strong regardless of build, and Fecas also do seem very capable of both soloing and group combat, and those are the classes we have the fewest members of, so you might want to try them. But yea, just do whatever you feel like doing.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2014, 05:24:28 pm »

Well, I'll be trying a earth/stasis tanky foggernaut. I seriously haven't run into a single foggernaut so far, I heard they're the least played class at under 2% pop. Character name is Ygdrad on Nox, will probably pick amakna.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2014, 05:28:59 pm »

Well, I'll be trying a earth/stasis tanky foggernaut. I seriously haven't run into a single foggernaut so far, I heard they're the least played class at under 2% pop. Character name is Ygdrad on Nox, will probably pick amakna.
Frumple has a foggernaut.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2014, 05:35:11 pm »

They're pleasing to the sensibilities.

But yeah, mine's a mostly-stasis with very minor earth -- just stomp, really. I've been kinda' wanting to try an earth/fire one -- there's some synergy involved there (one of the frogbot's support skills lets you flip cooling and overheating more or less on demand), as well as being considerably more support-capable. Barricades have been pretty great, even if I don't get the chance to use 'em terribly often, and the fire doom-chair ability is kinda' great for softening up entire maps.

But, well. Purple doom lasers *shrugs* Rails are pretty great, too, albeit viciously annoying to set up a lot of times.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2014, 06:12:07 pm »

Yeah, primary reason Foggernauts are super unpopular was, in a case of ankama being intensely slow, when they were introduced, they were globally doing like half the damage of the rest of the classes with no upside, and I'm willing to bet that reputation never really got shook off, even after the change. I can assure you however, that now, foggernauts wreck face.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2014, 07:19:25 pm »

How do I get in contact with the guild or anyone? Seems a player has to be online and on the right character to be added to friends -_-

Edit: I'm thinking of making my foggernaut an offtank/tanky dpt rather than a pure tank. Thinking of going earth+fire, but I'm wondering how I'll want to gear it. earth/fire would be a nice base, but when using foggernator my water damage gets added to earth, so I'm thinking of using +all damage gear(does the boost to water from +all damage gear get counted for the water to earth bonus?) So I get fire, earth, and water boost. The alternative would be going full earth with a earth/water set for some scary foggernator melee damage.

Edit2: well, if I'm going all damage, I might as well use all the trees, not like all the spells in each element are optimal anyways. I run the game in french so I'm not too sure what all the names are in english, I'm thinking of using the first, second, and third stasis spells, the second and fourth earth spells, and the third fire spell. Using the third fire spell for spamming high damage, ap-efficient multi-target damage at medium range, stasis spells for some high damage on resistant targets and to refill WP's, earth for the mp-only cost spell which is extremely versatile, and the pretty insane aoe damage of the 4th spell, especially under fogginator with its water to earth bonus conversion.

Edit3: Seems you don't have to worry about water damage whatsoever for the Steamerator water to earth conversion, you get the full effect no matter how much water damage you have, the water damage will just go into the negatives if you don't have enough to cover the full 150% so as to not give you an overall stasis damage bonus when boosting earth.

Not quite sure which support to level in which order... will probably start with that bottom left shield one so I can protect allies and get some resistances when cooling down. The other support abilities are all so tempting @_@ I could use the cybot to switch places with it for range management and for extra stasis stacks, the bottom-right one would boost my fire spell range and give more fire stacks, the turbo critical seems to be a must if I want to keep enemies next the me and deal extra damage, foggernator is actually useful-enough at lv0 to stay that way until later when i eventually max it, the rest also all seem great depending on how I want to play and support teammates.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:19:42 pm by Ygdrad »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:32 pm »

So. Uh. You know when I said I tried all the classes? (no, that is not deja vu)

Well I never tried the Masqueraider before because, well, I have a deep and abiding dislike of anything even faintly relating to clowns.

Well I was bored and didn't feel like playing my somewhat tedious early earth sacrier. So I uhhh... tried one. Mostly because I've played literally every other class in the game at some point.

I... actually kind of like it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2014, 08:48:24 pm »

Frumple's $0.02 on frogbot discussion: Take with grain of salt, I don't really know what I'm talking about :P

Re: Frogbot support spells, about the only thing I can add is that it's worth noting that microbots (furtherest left one on the top, I think) are the only source of mobility you have.* Is literally it, which makes it fairly useful if you're willing to invest in a little control equipment. Problem with 'em being you don't really get much out of 'em unless you're in mommatoad mode -- you need the extra range on spittleborg to really take advantage of rail length -- and even with that you still have to deal with lock.

... which basically means frogbots have kinda' incredibly poor mobility, natch.

Other thing is you're pretty much going to need to max microbots to be able to use the lazy chair of doom -- otherwise the chair won't last long enough for you to really do much with it. Losing a charge per turn and one every time you get hit (and you will get hit while you're in the chair, often) means you need some charges invested if you're going to get much out of it. Which means microbot investment, and probably points in groove.

Armor plating (the one that lets your barricades soak adjacent characters** damage) is definitely nice, though. It is worth noting that it doesn't seem to synergize with the doomchair's earth spell, which drops barricades that soak 50% damage for allies in a 2 square radius, so if you're wanting to support but expect to spend a lot of time sitting, it might not be worth as much as an investment. Really nice for some incidental aid via stomp or whathaveyou at the end of a turn, though, and pretty great for blocking enemy pathing -- most critters don't seem to bother attacking the slab. You can do worse things with a turn than dropping barricades all over the place.

*Well, arguably the cybot, but I can go ahead and warn you the cybot is incredibly flimsy and will last more than one turn approximately never. And as you can only create them adjacent to you, that makes them somewhat less than incredibly useful for range management. The extra stasisfied and charge restoration is pretty nice, though, at least until pretty much anything walks up and taps it on the head, demolishing it. *grouchy mumblings* Position swap ability on it also suffers the same problem many frogbot abilities suffer, namely that it's LoS blocked and only on straight lines, iirc. Robotoad's oddly finicky in regards to positioning for something that's so straightforward in a lot of ways.

**Do note: This applies to enemies, too, so be careful where you drop the slab.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2014, 09:28:41 pm »

Well, seems Nox went down, that or I'm getting some weird connection issue. Remade my steamer after changing my mind about the build, name is Sturmgard now.

Edit: it's back up now.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:36:20 pm by Ygdrad »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28