Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43596 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2014, 03:06:38 pm »

Ohoho. No, they were translated. I'm just wondering how a game that censored alcohol managed to slip in blatant racist references :P

Blackface, outright slavery references in a couple of the drops, it's... pretty blatant.

I mean, I guess it's not entirely surprising considering some of the animations (outright rape, what the zog?) in the game, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2014, 03:41:13 pm »

Ooh, I assumed localization > translation.
On another note, I had Cap'n Atcha appear to much for me I amassed 450 thisel seeds and, as I type, I'm making 90 osa powders.
Does anyone know if the cat appears more often if you have backache? Because I lost to him once and he appeared again after a couple more harvests.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2014, 03:42:34 pm »

He'll appear to me several times in a row occasionally, regardless of backache.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2014, 03:43:41 pm »

It does say the cat's more likely to show if you've already got backache. Definitely seems to, at least until you get over 100% resource penalty.
Ask not!
Ask!

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2014, 03:51:28 pm »

Cap'n Atcha specifically has a guaranteed appearance at least once within the first ten times you gather after getting the backache debuff, even if you aren't gathering the thing he first caught you on. That's what my question a couple pages back about gathering from monsters was for: You can gather plentiful resources(tree cuttings, thistle seeds, etc.) for job training, then throw the first fight with cap'n in order to guarantee a second fight while harvesting slower/rarer things (copper, zinc, straw, logs). I was hoping you could use it to also, say, get 40 country roots to make bags with, but it turns out cap'n never shows up when gathering from monsters.

In other news, I'm making satisfaction rings now if anyone wants some free ones. Otherwise, they're going up on a shop board for ~10k kamas.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2014, 03:57:51 pm »

What do they do?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2014, 04:02:22 pm »

+1 AP, but they reduce your HP by 100 and your MP by 1. They were recently restricted to only working if you have less than 10 total AP because lategame players loved them too much. The minimum level to use them is 25 if that's an issue.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »

Yeah, they're really tempting. Would kinda' love that extra AP, but the HP and MP malus are both too stronk. Flimsy and functionally immobile is not a sexy combo :P

Later on when you've got the HP to tank the hit and better itemization to counter that MP hit and it's not so bad, but I couldn't see wearing it at the point I'm at (level ... 38? 39? Something like that.).

E: Now if it were +2 AP, that would mean an extra microbot and I could probably just rail-move everywhere instead of walking but it's not so bleeeh.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:26:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2014, 04:39:21 pm »

You could do satisfaction ring + gobball set if you really want.
I wish the gobballs would stop fucking. Whenever there are tons of gobbettes around, I can never collect milk from them because they're always "in use" for a looooong time after. It's making my cooking-grinding a lot harder.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2014, 04:51:18 pm »

Can I get an invite to the guild please?

Name's "Impakt", Sacrier.

I'm headin on now! Keep an eye out if you're on.

The Schlammer. Part of the second Zinit Mountain area -- you can get to the start of it (It's like a five chain set of areas -- not rooms, ala your average dungeon, but full on full sprawl areas) via cannoning to the truce cavern part. The first two parts are actually pretty docile -- 25-ish level enemies that aren't too terribly much of a threat and a (mid)boss that's not that big of a deal -- but everything from the third part onward is basically hell, apparently. A level 25 (the minimum level needed to get in) group would... I'm actually halfway sure six level 25 characters would just get flat wiped.

do note that when he says full on sprawl means it; They don't have ecosystems, they have unique monsters, they have unique sets related to those monsters, in particular the slith set will give you +1 level to earth/water spells and earth/water damage. +1 level isn't quite AP/MP good but it still does put you ahead of the curve while it's equipped, so it certainly has applications if you're looking for something different.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2014, 04:52:58 pm »

People really pay 10k kamas for satisfaction rings? Darn, maybe I should check into marketing some of the stuff I can make.

I finished my royal piwi set late last night, yay! Now to pretend I still care while I start looking for new stuff. Good news is that it forced me to get jeweler, tailor and leather dealer to 15+ and some gathering profession even higher. Also, made a few extras giga piwipouches (6 slots bags) for leather training, so let me know if anyone wants 1 or 2. Also have an extra red and blue piwi set if anyone still low level and can benefit from them.

It seems that at this this point, currently around level 24, my option for interesting stuff to do on my own are rather limited, unless I go for severely underleveled stuff. So when people start showing up later, I might be interested in some group activities.

Oh and I have a question! How do you contribute points to the guild, besides quests? The wiki I've been using mention some combat/crafting experience and some other things that seem completely unrelated to how it actually work now, but that didn't help much.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2014, 04:56:04 pm »

do note that when he says full on sprawl means it; They don't have ecosystems, they have unique monsters, they have unique sets related to those monsters, in particular the slith set will give you +1 level to earth/water spells and earth/water damage. +1 level isn't quite AP/MP good but it still does put you ahead of the curve while it's equipped, so it certainly has applications if you're looking for something different.
The quest line itself also gives a nice little set of +prospecting gear if that's your thing. I've noticed it synchs very well with the crab set* for even more prospecting boost in that general level range.

Assuming you can get the ruddy crab set to drop, anyway. *mutters vague depreciations about crustaceans *

*You can fit the full explorer set in with 4/5ths of the crab set, which is where the latter set's +prospecting bonuses cut off. I think it's something like a good +40-50 prospecting, all told. Which... seems fairly decent, I'unno.
Ask not!
Ask!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2014, 05:01:43 pm »

People really pay 10k kamas for satisfaction rings? Darn, maybe I should check into marketing some of the stuff I can make.

I finished my royal piwi set late last night, yay! Now to pretend I still care while I start looking for new stuff. Good news is that it forced me to get jeweler, tailor and leather dealer to 15+ and some gathering profession even higher. Also, made a few extras giga piwipouches (6 slots bags) for leather training, so let me know if anyone wants 1 or 2. Also have an extra red and blue piwi set if anyone still low level and can benefit from them.

It seems that at this this point, currently around level 24, my option for interesting stuff to do on my own are rather limited, unless I go for severely underleveled stuff. So when people start showing up later, I might be interested in some group activities.

Oh and I have a question! How do you contribute points to the guild, besides quests? The wiki I've been using mention some combat/crafting experience and some other things that seem completely unrelated to how it actually work now, but that didn't help much.

It'll happen naturally, and that wiki is super out of date. The only thing we have now is wakfu elements, which is fantastic for drops and technical info, but not so much for other stuff.

I think it only happens via combat and doesn't steal exp ALA ragnarok online guilds anymore.

Just a couple point per kill. You also get guild points for finishing dungeons, IE killing the boss, even outside of the quest for it.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2014, 07:40:52 pm »

I'm curious, is it a trap to put points into all 4 elements since it takes 1 point to raise a non-max element?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2014, 08:04:54 pm »

At least with my limited understanding, it largely seems to be a trap to put points into elements at all. Other stuff (AP, MP, etc.) give much more bang for buck, even given that there's a lot of buck involved in improving several of the non-elemental stats.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28